Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think the contest self regulates so the listener decides whether it fits the theme and whether they like it or not & votes accordingly

Hence theres some tenuous links to the theme here

Yep, I'll let you in on a secret (but don't tell the rest of the contest). I'm generally quite happy to allow songs with tenuous links to the theme, because at the end of the day I'd rather people nom something they want to nom, that somewhat fits the theme, than find something they've had to Google or pull out of their ass to fit the theme. I'd rather people share music with the contest that they genuinely like and enjoy listening to, and the theme is just the thin layer between having a free for all every week and being a Google round.

Plus I don't know about anyone else, but coming up with a tenuous link between the song I want to nom and the theme is quite fun in and of itself.

I miss rounds where the link is published. Really gives an insight of the mindset of the nommer and I appreciate a good lateral link.

If I was less lazy I would post them as I do generally get a reason from people when they provide a nom (unless it's obvious). I used to post the playlist from my work computer so I could double screen it up and make it a lot less time consuming, but on my personal laptop it'd take twice as long so just post the playlist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back