Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Stokey, Theme: 1994, Votes Due: Sunday Noon AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff

#SongContestResults
Coming in 21st with 3 votes and 2 Billys is: Aries - Sayonara, as nominated by hotchilliVotes [B,3,B]
Coming in 20th with 3 votes and 1 Billy is: Bon Scot with the Valentines - She Said, as nominated by Fossie 32Votes [3,B]
Coming in 19th with 6 votes and 1 Billy is: Macy Gray - The Letter, as nominated by raskolnikovVotes [4,B,2]
Coming in 18th with 7 votes and 5 Billys is: Laurie Anderson - Language is a Virus, as nominated by DinsdaleVotes [B,5,B,B,2,B,B]
Coming in 17th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: Al Berto & the Fried Bikinis - Above the Fog, as nominated by myblueroanVotes [3,3,2]

Dinsdale is your billy winner tonight and is incommunicado! No Billy this time around as i had no inspiration for one.

#SongContestResults
Coming in 21st with 3 votes and 2 Billys is: Aries - Sayonara, as nominated by hotchilliVotes [B,3,B]
Coming in 20th with 3 votes and 1 Billy is: Bon Scot with the Valentines - She Said, as nominated by Fossie 32Votes [3,B]
Coming in 19th with 6 votes and 1 Billy is: Macy Gray - The Letter, as nominated by raskolnikovVotes [4,B,2]
Coming in 18th with 7 votes and 5 Billys is: Laurie Anderson - Language is a Virus, as nominated by DinsdaleVotes [B,5,B,B,2,B,B]
Coming in 17th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: Al Berto & the Fried Bikinis - Above the Fog, as nominated by myblueroanVotes [3,3,2]

Dinsdale is your billy winner tonight and is incommunicado! No Billy this time around as i had no inspiration for one.
Antonio Banderas Relief GIF

#SongContestResults
Coming in 16th with 9 votes and 5 Billys is: Esoteric - Cypher, as nominated by Purple7x08_24Votes [B,B,B,B,B,4,5]
Coming in 15th with 11 votes and 1 Billy is: Blind Melon - Three is a Magic Number, as nominated by RedmanWasHereVotes [5,1,1,B,4]
Coming in 14th with 11 votes and 0 Billys is: Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore, as nominated by StokeyVotes [2,4,2,3]
Coming in 13rd with 12 votes and 1 Billy is: The Districts - Telephone, as nominated by UlahoopskiVotes [1,5,1,B,5]

Purple was close to the Billy but missed out by 2 votes

Communication5Ian MossTelephone Booth
4Yo La TengoI heard You Looking
3Goodbye MeteorNo Signal
2Beastie BoysGet It Together
1MaRLo, HALIENEWhisper
BSeptemberCry For You
#SongContestResults
Coming in 16th with 9 votes and 5 Billys is: Esoteric - Cypher, as nominated by Purple7x08_24Votes [B,B,B,B,B,4,5]
Coming in 15th with 11 votes and 1 Billy is: Blind Melon - Three is a Magic Number, as nominated by RedmanWasHereVotes [5,1,1,B,4]
Coming in 14th with 11 votes and 0 Billys is: Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore, as nominated by StokeyVotes [2,4,2,3]
Coming in 13rd with 12 votes and 1 Billy is: The Districts - Telephone, as nominated by UlahoopskiVotes [1,5,1,B,5]

Purple was close to the Billy but missed out by 2 votes
Competitions gone soft. Too much easy going music.

#SongContestResults
Coming in 11th with 12 votes and 0 Billys is: Acceptance - The Letter, as nominated by por_please_yaVotes [5,5,2]
Coming in 11th with 12 votes and 0 Billys is: Marlo & Halienne - Whisper, as nominated by spudmasterVotes [4,4,2,1,1]
Coming in 10th with 14 votes and 0 Billys is: Manequin Pussy - Loud Bark, as nominated by omgfridgeVotes [4,2,5,3]
Coming in 9th with 19 votes and 0 Billys is: Ian Moss - Telephone Booth, as nominated by Plugger35Votes [1,5,5,3,5]
Coming in 8th with 20 votes and 2 Billys is: September - Cry for You, as nominated by ChipmunkVotes [1,B,3,3,4,B,2,2,2,1,1,1]

#SongContestResults
Coming in 11th with 12 votes and 0 Billys is: Acceptance - The Letter, as nominated by por_please_yaVotes [5,5,2]
Coming in 11th with 12 votes and 0 Billys is: Marlo & Halienne - Whisper, as nominated by spudmasterVotes [4,4,2,1,1]
Coming in 10th with 14 votes and 0 Billys is: Manequin Pussy - Loud Bark, as nominated by omgfridgeVotes [4,2,5,3]
Coming in 9th with 19 votes and 0 Billys is: Ian Moss - Telephone Booth, as nominated by Plugger35Votes [1,5,5,3,5]
Coming in 8th with 20 votes and 2 Billys is: September - Cry for You, as nominated by ChipmunkVotes [1,B,3,3,4,B,2,2,2,1,1,1]
Absolutely robbed Plugger35

#SongContestResults
Coming in 7th with 20 votes and 0 Billys is: Badly Drawn Boy - Something to Talk About, as nominated by TubbsFarquharVotes [2,4,5,3,2,3,1]
Coming in 6th with 22 votes and 1 Billy is: Beastie Boys - Get it Together, as nominated by Tonga BobVotes [3,5,2,4,3,1,B,2,2]
Coming in 5th with 22 votes and 0 Billys is: Sam Fender - Will We Talk, as nominated by SMVotes [2,3,4,4,4,4,1]

#SongContestResults
Coming in 3rd with 25 votes and 0 Billys is: The Whispers - The Best Goes On , as nominated by SaintVotes [4,5,5,5,4,2]

leaving a top 2 of Loonerty and me. Who's going to take out this round?? The suspense!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#SongContestResults

Coming in 2nd with 26 votes and 1 Billy is: Hello Meteor - No Signal, as nominated by RiviatVotes [2,2,5,3,1,1,3,4,1,B,4]

Which leaves
Coming in 1st with 29 votes and 0 Billys is: Vampire Weekend - Connect, as nominated by LoonertyVotes [5,1,1,3,3,3,4,1,3,5]

Theme!!

My votes

5: The Districts - Telephone (loved this)

4: Badly Drawn Boy - Something to Talk About

3: Bon Scott with the Valentines - She Said

2: Goodbye Meteor - Signal

1: Vampire Weekend - Connect

Billy: September - Cry for You

Great result for a great album.

Hit me with theme ideas, the only one I have currently is an artist you think should represent Australia (or I guess any nation actually) at Eurovision. Someone you think would fit the vibe in some way.

BOTES

5:
Goodbye Meteor - "No Signal" Riviat
4: The Whispers - "And The Beat Goes On" Saint
3: September - "Cry For You" Chipmunk
2: MaRLo feat. HALIENE - "Whisper" spudmaster
1: Ian Moss - "Telephone Booth" Plugger35

BM: Macy Gray - "The Letter" sorry raskolnikov .... Glad to see you back in the contest though :)

Great result for a great album.

Hit me with theme ideas, the only one I have currently is an artist you think should represent Australia (or I guess any nation actually) at Eurovision. Someone you think would fit the vibe in some way.
Does Eurovision still have the stipulation that bands can have no more than 6 members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back