My Suggestion for time zones for Mainland Australia and Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBillABCTV

Senior List
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A while back I added lines on a map of Australia. i have done video on this also. I am suggesting 4 time zones instead of 3 time zones for mainland Australia and Tasmania. video from September I did, I compared mainland USA to Australia with my suggestions. on the video from today I covered the sunrise and sunset time in Halls Creek in December how it is now and what I am suggesting.

Time zones in Australia I am suggesting are:

Winter: AWST [+8h, WA], ACWST [+9h, Eastern WA], ACST [+9.5h, NT, Western QLD, SA & Broken Hill], AEST [+10h, QLD, NSW, ACT, Vic & Tas]

Summer: AWDT [+9h, WA], ACWDT [+10h, Eastern WA], ACDT [+10.5h, NT, Western QLD, SA & Broken Hill], AEDT [+11h, QLD, NSW, ACT, Vic & Tas]

Yes Darwin the early sunrises are in September. The further south in spring and summer the longer day light hours. While the day light hours don't very much in Darwin for business i would like all of mainland Australia to have daylight saving in spring and summer months. Yes i did a line going through Queensland, for the towns the line goes through they have a choice be inline with Brisbane or be 30 minutes behind Brisbane. Mt Isa would be moved 30 minutes behind Brisbane all year round. If all mainland Australia has daylight saving for the spring and summer months good for business. no hassle on the QLD/NSW Border. Gold Coast sunrise time for late November/Early December is about 4:41 AEST if daylight saving 5:41am sunrise. The sunrise times for Brisbane is similar to the Gold Coast. Yes there are unofficial time zones in Eastern part of WA, i am suggesting 4 official time zones for mainland Australia and Tasmania. Eastern WA would be 60 minutes ahead of Perth all year round and 60 minutes behind Sydney all year round. NT would be 30 minutes behind Sydney all year round better for business, if would mean the NT would be with South Australia all year round. These are the time zones I would have it. Yes mainland USA has 4 time zones, I am not counting Alaska. And mainland USA is slightly bigger than mainland Australia and Tasmania. For towns in Eastern WA they would be 30 minutes behind NT, SA all year round.

Attachments

• australia-map-1600 Time zone 4 time zones Jason.jpg
    australia-map-1600 Time zone 4 time zones Jason.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 30
A while back I added lines on a map of Australia. i have done video on this also. I am suggesting 4 time zones instead of 3 time zones for mainland Australia and Tasmania. video from September I did, I compared mainland USA to Australia with my suggestions. on the video from today I covered the sunrise and sunset time in Halls Creek in December how it is now and what I am suggesting.

Winter: AWST [+8h, WA], ACWST [+9h, Eastern WA], ACST [+9.5h, NT, Western QLD, SA & Broken Hill], AEST [+10h, QLD, NSW, ACT, Vic & Tas]

Summer: AWDT [+9h, WA], ACWDT [+10h, Eastern WA], ACDT [+10.5h, NT, Western QLD, SA & Broken Hill], AEDT [+11h, QLD, NSW, ACT, Vic & Tas]

Yes Darwin the early sunrises are in September. The further south in spring and summer the longer day light hours. While the day light hours don't very much in Darwin for business i would like all of mainland Australia to have daylight saving in spring and summer months. Yes i did a line going through Queensland, for the towns the line goes through they have a choice be inline with Brisbane or be 30 minutes behind Brisbane. Mt Isa would be moved 30 minutes behind Brisbane all year round. If all mainland Australia has daylight saving for the spring and summer months good for business. no hassle on the QLD/NSW Border. Gold Coast sunrise time for late November/Early December is about 4:41 AEST if daylight saving 5:41am sunrise. The sunrise times for Brisbane is similar to the Gold Coast. Yes there are unofficial time zones in Eastern part of WA, i am suggesting 4 official time zones for mainland Australia and Tasmania. Eastern WA would be 60 minutes ahead of Perth all year round and 60 minutes behind Sydney all year round. NT would be 30 minutes behind Sydney all year round better for business, if would mean the NT would be with South Australia all year round. These are the time zones I would have it. Yes mainland USA has 4 time zones, I am not counting Alaska. And mainland USA is slightly bigger than mainland Australia and Tasmania. For towns in Eastern WA they would be 30 minutes behind NT, SA all year round.

Yes WA can be a nation on their own. i prefer WA to be part of Australia. JMO. i wish Australia had 4 time zones in mainland Australia and Tasmania as I have suggested above. I know South Eastern part of WA unofficial time zone is 45 minutes ahead of Perth, also 5 towns in Eastern WA have their unofficial time zone same as Darwin. I am suggesting Eastern part of WA be 1 hour ahead of Perth in Official time.

I fixed the map up and moved the line to west of Broome for option 2. I like 4 time zones. This is my opinion. i believe Australia needs 4 time zones and daylight saving all over in spring and summer time JMO

Halls Creek sunrise and sunset times for 1st December 2022
will be 4:44am AWST sunrise and 5:52pm AWST.
In the new time zone Eastern WA:
5:44am ACWST sunrise and sunset 6:52pm ACWST
6:44am ACWDT sunrise and sunset 7:52pm ACWDT. As daylight saving all over Australia is better for spring and summer with 4 time zones.

Alice springs sunrise and sunset times for 1st December 2022
will be: 5:38am ACST sunrise and sunset 7:07pm ACST
6:38am ACDT sunrise and sunset 8:07pm ACDT if daylight saving was all over Australia.

Attachments

• australia-map-1600 Time zone 4 time zones Jason 2.jpg
    australia-map-1600 Time zone 4 time zones Jason 2.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back