Remove this Banner Ad

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The day is always darkest before the dawn. Strap yourselves in. Clearly we need to contest. A game we struggle to currently play. Against a team who are looking top 4-worthy. On a ground we’ve historically struggled with. And to top it all off, Alistair Lynch and Johnno Brown cheering on Brisbane’s every success. Is it WHARFIE TIME? Probably not. LOLJKS IT’S F*N WHARFIE TIME!

Form guide

The form guide isn’t really necessary. Just know that Brisbane has dominated their last few games. Freo has, well, not done as great.

Who’s who in the zoo? (key players)

Both teams have a few match-winners they can utilise. Some could argue Brisbane have a few more, others could argue the opposite. They'd be a brave and belligerent person, but they could do it.

Freo: Sonny, Caleb & Darcy all have continued on their amazing form from last season which is great, because the rest of the team haven’t really hit their straps.

Brissy: Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale (who broke my heart) & Harris Andrews are all rolled gold. Like literal lions they’re probably sensing a brutal kill to see which is the true king lion. Andrews has a relatively easy task taking on a talented but very raw Amiss and will be looking to exploit him and every other Freo forward.

Where Freo can win:

Well, we need to score more than the other team when the final siren sounds. Simple right? Not really, I don't have an actual clue. I don’t get paid to make these decisions (which some may say is good because Nick Suban would still be on our list as captain). HOWEVER, if I was paid such money to make the decisions, I’d probably say clear the forward 50, allow Amiss/Sturt space to lead, choke up their corridor usage so they need the flanks or skinny side, and NEVER let Charlie Cameron goal-side (or, ya know, within 100 mtrs of goal).

Can Brissy sh*t the bed so badly the lose?

Maybe...
If Charlie Cameron reverses over Lachie Neale's pet on the morning of game day meaning both are too inconsolable to play, Oscar Mac needs hospitalisation from accidentally inhaling too many fumes while cleaning Zorko’s fish tank causing Zorks to be arrested, Harris Andrews, Cam Rayner and Hugh McLuggage convert to ISIS within the next 24 hours… Well then, we may have a shot.

Or if they pencil this in as an easy 4 points so take us so easy it takes them 3and a half quarters to wake up. Even then that’s a 50/50.

“It’s never as good or as bad as it seems.”

Why does the game mean so much when we’re literally mere blips on the radar of time? Why does this team keep pulling us back in when we know deep down it could only hurt us further. I can’t imagine my life without this supporting this team, I mean, I could, I’d probably smile a lot more and cry a lot less. But I’d be hollow. Happy, but so gotdang hollow. It’s probably why my alcoholism and dark sense of humour are synonymous with many other Freo fans. At the end of the day, it’s just a game. A game that is so cruel, twisted, unrelenting and torturous. Yet so beautiful, empowering and euphoric. We just haven’t gotten the true taste of mainlining that part of the game yet. Maybe we will. Maybe we won’t.

Maybe the true premiership is the friends we’ve made along the way?

I’m not going to give an accurate prediction to this game. Mainly because I don’t know if I want to have nightmares today and tomorrow morning. Instead, I’m going with an incredibly outlandish and nonsensical prediction of Freo by 19 points.

Sonny to kick 4 and take a mark of the year contender. Banfield will kick 8 straight with the game forever being remembered as “The Banna’s 8.” Johnno Brown challenges Luke Ryan to a beer/karaoke competition that becomes a yearly event. They become the best of friends. Hughes breaks the land-speed record, takes 9 bounces while breaking 14 tackles from the back pocket. He then remembers his laundry wasn’t hung out and hits the post from the square. Lachie Neale to quit at half time to set up his Kombucha business in South Fremantle before his prodigal return to us for a future 12th round pick. Fagan rips the head off a little girl’s doll and gets a standing ovation from the AFL when he apologises. JL’s final form is realised when every AFL pundit acknowledges we dominated “the contest.”

It's Wharfie Time???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back