Strategy STAND rule

Remove this Banner Ad

the rule is too much of a clusterfu** for umps to keep track of, wildly inconsistent

Yeah, must be hard to stay that focused on so many issues......oh hang on, hasn't it always?

When will the AFL start to realise the top teams will always be the better sides to use the new rules? They seem to think tweeking rules will make the comp more even, idiots, there is a reason why the top teams are top.

Commentators are the same, it amazes me that explayers get sucked into it all, i laughed hard at GLyon tonight in the first few minutes, Collingwood took two marks back to back and Lyon went on about how last year they wouldnt have been able to do that then the very next kick Collingwood turned it over 🤣

Seriously did they foresee how annoying it was going to be having to hear the umpire say stand after every bloody mark? What a sh*t show and game altering rule.
Match fixing by stealth

Seriously did they foresee how annoying it was going to be having to hear the umpire say stand after every bloody mark? What a sh*t show and game altering rule.
east west east west got yelled out all last year. I haven't seen the game yet but
we won didn't we?

My first impressions are it’s made the game a s**t ton easier . Player with the ball was on like a banana lounge thinking where to dob his next disposal under like zero pressure . It will benefit sides with weapons , yes like us as I said earlier , or anyone else with as good a front half that rivals jack lynch dusty and mates. Fast running backs are imperatives if you have designs on a premiership

My first impressions are it’s made the game a sh*t ton easier . Player with the ball was on like a banana lounge thinking where to dob his next disposal under like zero pressure . It will benefit sides with weapons , yes like us as I said earlier , or anyone else with as good a front half that rivals jack lynch dusty and mates. Fast running backs are imperatives if you have designs on a premiership

The Basket of deplorables want more goals so it will work on that regard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no reason to stand on the mark. Stand a meter back and you can protect the corridor. Stand on the mark and they run past you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5m clearance zone behind the man on the mark

Laughable that these knob jockeys on radio lobbying for rule changes have bought the game to this , the contest Is what’s enthralling, ref to last years GF , youll never see footy like that again.sad isn’t it

Yeah, it looks like its changed - even coaches are saying it is a whole different game now. A raft of 50m penalties have been avoided so far by calling play-on even if the player farts left or right - evens the playing field somewhat. I notice in the Roos v Hawks match the umpires got a bit tired of calling STAND and seemingly presumed the player knew to Stand. It's a bit of an auditory blight on the game. I wonder will crowds get a bit restless with it and start yelling it out as well? Razor Ray must be spewing he retired too soon - he could have had so much fun with this, barking at players ;)

Teams will adjust to it like they do to any new rules and teams will fatigue during the year meaning less uncontested marking making the rule useless. The best teams will still be the best teams. We still had s**t loads of intercept possession and time in forward half.

How was Mason Cox allowed to stand the mark when Jack kicked for goal just on 3/4 time? The rule says you can’t substitute
You missed the fine print in the back of the rule book “none of these rules are to be paid against the Pies”

How was Mason Cox allowed to stand the mark when Jack kicked for goal just on 3/4 time? The rule says you can’t substitute
Looked like after the 3 Coll defenders got to their feet no one had actually stood the mark. So Cox moved in quick, pushed them all away and stood where the ump said. Bit different for goal kicking

We definitely benefited the most from this absurd rule last night - but is faster better?

No it's s**t in terms of the look of the game but it will make more goals. Which is what the afl wants.

But it'll suit Richmond cause the players are some of the faster/smarter teams.

You could already see it suits the tigers style imo

It worked in our favour last night, but by god, this rule absolutely sucks on so many levels, I actually felt bad for SPS, which is a whole other problem on a different level. Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back