Standards required to be in AFL media

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a lot of great people in the media.
Most of the decent, articulate ones have the lowest profile so let’s build a criteria together to profile those who seem to enjoy the benefit of being in the spotlight.

The leading quality seems to have an opinion of an a-hole while hiding under the guise of “putting it out there”
The second quality seems to be making up absolute bullshit while qualifying that bullshit with
“I stand by my sources”
The third one appears to be asking inappropriate, dog low questions while justifying almost to themselves by saying
“I had to ask the tough question”
The last one is the sanctimonious opinion piece/editorial where words such as “unedifying” are used to deliver a piece in condescending views that when people ring and disagree intelligently have a response of
“Everyone is entitled to their opinion”
Because they aren’t smart or humble enough to say
“Yep, actually you got me there”

So is it therefore the profile to be a lying, opinionated a-hole who asks inappropriate questions that normal people wouldn’t even think of let alone consider asking as the correct criteria of the standard “high profile” media “personality” in the AFL?

Most of the decent, articulate ones have the lowest profile so let’s build a criteria together to profile those who seem to enjoy the benefit of being in the spotlight.

The leading quality seems to have an opinion of an a-hole while hiding under the guise of “putting it out there”
The second quality seems to be making up absolute ******** while qualifying that ******** with
“I stand by my sources”
The third one appears to be asking inappropriate, dog low questions while justifying almost to themselves by saying
The last one is the sanctimonious opinion piece/editorial where words such as “unedifying” are used to deliver a piece in condescending views that when people ring and disagree intelligently have a response of

So is it therefore the profile to be a lying, opinionated a-hole who asks inappropriate questions that normal people wouldn’t even think of let alone consider asking as the correct criteria of the standard “high profile” media “personality” in the AFL?
You've pretty much covered it all, throw in a complete lack of football knowledge and Warrick Capper ego and we're done

The second quality seems to be making up absolute ******** while qualifying that ******** with
“I stand by my sources”

It's my opinion
It's his/her opinion
It's an opinion piece

It's my opinion
It's his/her opinion
It's an opinion piece
It’s an opinion piece. Yep, that’s gold.
Who has the right to an unqualified, unjustified opinion beyond the media?
It’s like a gift to an a hole to be used to exploit an agenda.
I wonder about how balanced opinion on John Worsfold really is?
There’s an underlying movement that seems hell bent on undermining him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back