Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

OK I didnt see that one as the Force Awakens I didn't like heh. I will give it a shot. Sometime this year.

But should I hate it.......I may not exist as I may need a memory purge.

I'm digging the Emperor vibe coming from the Snoke character:
starwars-lastjedi-snoke-throneroom-700x289.jpg

yeah the guys r running out of ideas, snoke will never ever fulfil the emperor's role. While they are both touted as exceptional dark side force users, if you look at the emperor, his dialogue, his demeanor and his costume, he is dripping with menace and evil. Also having vader as his henchman also is one big tick vs ren. One is a ultra badass, the other is a whinge gen y inner city green type. the emperor's cloak is one of the most menacing simple costume i've seen as the emperor is about the unknown, unseen horror and power. Snoke is probably a narcissist who was once young and handsome but grown corrupt and deformed.

When i was little (10 y.o), i was scared of 2 things from movie. One was the aliens and the other was the emperor. When i first watched star wars, i understood no english. But i was quite certain that the emperor dude was someone not to * with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah the guys r running out of ideas, snoke will never ever fulfil the emperor's role. While they are both touted as exceptional dark side force users, if you look at the emperor, his dialogue, his demeanor and his costume, he is dripping with menace and evil. Also having vader as his henchman also is one big tick vs ren. One is a ultra badass, the other is a whinge gen y inner city green type. the emperor's cloak is one of the most menacing simple costume i've seen as the emperor is about the unknown, unseen horror and power. Snoke is probably a narcissist who was once young and handsome but grown corrupt and deformed.

When i was little (10 y.o), i was scared of 2 things from movie. One was the aliens and the other was the emperor. When i first watched star wars, i understood no english. But i was quite certain that the emperor dude was someone not to **** with.
I guess the one good thing is that we might actually see the imperials guards actually do something besides looking cool.

I guess the one good thing is that we might actually see the imperials guards actually do something besides looking cool.

Also i want to see the royal guards do something, remember the emperor's red guards, well they were absolutely useless in their only duty to protect the leader. Strong villains would make the movies far more interesting.

Can't really stand The Force Awakens. Rey is way too overpowered.

Nah. Won’t deny she’s massively powerful but:

Anakin episode 1:
- 8 year old slave boy
- constructs working pod racer and C3PO
- Wins a pod race humans can’t normally even participate in
- Flies in Naboo ship, survives big space battle and blows up that space station thing

Luke episode 4:
- 18 year old farm boy
- Quickly learns to use the force with Kenobe
- Survives blaster fights on Death Star with storm troopers
- Without training shoots down the persuing tie fighters
- Blows up Death Star with “one in a million” shot

Rey episode 7:
- 18? Year old scavenger who had to survive basically on her own on a harsh world from a young age
- Flies falcon through old star destroyers outrunning two tie fighters
- knows how to repair the falcon
- can “out force” Kylo Ren in mind reading thing
- is able to use Jedi mind trick without training on second attempt
- can make lightsaber come to her hand
- defeats severely wounded Kylo Ren in fight.

The only one that for me was stretching “Star Wars logic” was the Jedi mind trick ability which always felt like an advanced ability that needed training. But it was a great moment in the movie and got a big laugh from me, so I forgive it.

I think giving Rey raw power like Luke and Anakin was a deliberate choice and we’re gonna find out why in Last Jedi - or at least, her raw power will be a plot point.

Anakin episode 1:
- 8 year old slave boy
- Flies in Naboo ship, survives big space battle and blows up that space station thing

Luke episode 4:
- 18 year old farm boy

Rey episode 7:
- 18? Year old scavenger who had to survive basically on her own on a harsh world from a young age

The only one that for me was stretching “Star Wars logic” was the Jedi mind trick ability which always felt like an advanced ability that needed training. But it was a great moment in the movie and got a big laugh from me, so I forgive it.

I think giving Rey raw power like Luke and Anakin was a deliberate choice and we’re gonna find out why in Last Jedi - or at least, her raw power will be a plot point.

Scotts needs to use Jedi mind tricks in 2018.

Anakin episode 1:
- 8 year old slave boy

Luke episode 4:
- 18 year old farm boy

Rey episode 7:

Yeah, but Luke couldn't do s**t without training. Anakid could build s**t and fly, but couldn't do anything either really. Rey could fix ships, which was okay. She could fly, which wasn't given much explanation, but sure. But what gets me is her ability to use the force with literally zero training. It was difficult for Luke to make anything happen, with Yoda training him. Rey could do it all with no guidance.

I'll watch the new movie for sure, but I hate her character so far.

Yeah, but Luke couldn't do s**t without training. Anakid could build s**t and fly, but couldn't do anything either really. Rey could fix ships, which was okay. She could fly, which wasn't given much explanation, but sure. But what gets me is her ability to use the force with literally zero training. It was difficult for Luke to make anything happen, with Yoda training him. Rey could do it all with no guidance.

Rey went to Utah to train.

But in the trailers Luke says he's seen "this kind of raw power only once before", apparently in Ben/Kylo Ren, so in his mind Rey is above and beyond his own abilities (and he's had plenty of time to think about Anakin even though it was before his time). That would also reinforce Kylo Ren's reaction to Rey untrained being able to do what she has - it is extraordinary and he's not the only super-special one.

It doesn't need to be considered too deeply, though. I just love that she has that power and wants to use it. Still feel short-changed that Leia only ever used her untapped natural Force potential to see and rescue Luke at the end of Empire. He told her in ROTJ that she would lean to use it as he had, but she never did. Yeah, yeah, she was allegedly cool with being a general instead, but the Leia we had got to know would have been very comfortable gaining power and using it for good. So for me Rey is helping fill that gaping hole.

Only Forwards guesstimate spoilers for episode 8

- we learn more about other force wielding religions. Expanding on what we see in Rogue 1 on Jedda. It brings to the movies the significant amount more grey that exists between Jedi and Sith and that Choice can be a factor.
- Rey and Ben are brother and sister.
- There is another tie to Mustafa.
- I wouldn't be surprised of it was Rey and not Ben that went nuts and ruined Luke's work.
- 8 will be seen as the best of the 3.

Things that won't happen but should.
-Ashoka Tano found hanging on a wall frozen in Carbonite.
- Chewie unencumbered by his life debt, angry, ripping people's arms off.
- more Wookies generally, actually use them, tech savvy 7 foot bear Warriors, I mean come on how under used are they?

Ultimately at the end of 9

- Snoke is dead, Benicio Del Toro's character is dead. Rey and Ben alive and are neither Jedi or Sith.

As to the prequels the issue is with the first muddled step George took. It focuses on Anakin / Vader, it should have focused on Obi Wan. Also Jar Jar was supposed to have a much bigger role but crossed the line way too far into caricature who knows if it'd would have got better if George stuck to what he had planned. Probably not.

This was all compounded by the muddled story telling. 4 story Arcs at the end of the forest film needing to be tied together, it's no wonder its a mess.

And a love story finally worse than Twilight.

The first step was wrong everything after it was scrambling to make it back.

The romance while wooden and stupid is not the first issue I think of.

There are a lot of missteps.

- preserve none of the reveals from the OT.
- pay cheap fan service often. Consider R2, absolutely integral throughout the prequels, Obi Wan clearly knows exactly who he is yet shows zero recognition when he arrives at his home in a new hope. None. 'I don't remember ever owning a droid' do you remember the one who flew around and saved your ass above Courosant? R2 is so heavily in these films because he's a loved character who people want to see do cool stuff. This didn't need to be the case.
- misuse characters and do not allow them to grow. Consider how absolutely f***ing useless Qui Gon is. He is a pathetic Jedi. Who confronts the most underused character in all of cinema Darth Maul who they kill automatically. Why?
- try's for cheap laughs from poo jokes. If Jar Jar was supposed to be a drunken monkey style Sith then George should have done that critics be damned. (I actually believe that, Jar Jar in the first one makes more sense if he was meant to be set up for a reveal in the second.)
- never shows how close Anakin and Obi Wan should be, sure they tell us but they could show us. Clones is absolutely useless at this, one scene in an elevator, the rest of the time they are basically on different story lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back