State of Origin State of Origin Series XVIII Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

ak4woyf-png.1704779

State of Origin.

State vs State. Mate vs Mate.

Welcome to representative Qooty. Five state teams battling to decide who is the best of the best.

2023 marks the 18th State of Origin Series to be held in the SFA. The concept has long been woven into the fabric of the league, initially starting out in Season 7 with a combined Victorian team winning the inaugural series against the Allies 16.8.104 to 15.9.99. The series was played regularly until Season 18 after the 13th series when the competition was disbanded.

Prior to Season 27, State of Origin was revived by Administrator Kennedy "Cloud_" Parker when Series XIV was held and has since then been played annually.

Will the Western Australians be able to defend their crown and mantle as the most successful state in origin history?

Will South Australia continue their golden run since the revival of the series and play in a 5th straight grand final?

Can the Allies finally perform to the potential of their massive talent pool?

Will the Victorian teams bounce back after underwhelming results in recent years?

All of those questions will be answered between the 3rd and 23rd of July.

Captain, Vice-Captains, jumper designs and accompanying interviews will be revealed in this thread.

Round 1 Monday, 3 July - Wednesday, 5 July
Vic Country vs Western Australia
Allies vs South Australia
Bye: Vic Metro

Round 2 Thursday, 6 July - Sunday, 9 July
South Australia vs Vic Country
Vic Metro vs Allies
Bye: Western Australia

Round 3 Monday, 10 July - Wednesday, 12 July
Allies vs Vic Country
Vic Metro vs Western Australia
Bye: South Australia

Round 4 Thursday, 13 July - Sunday, 16 July
Western Australia vs Allies
South Australia vs Vic Metro
Bye: Vic Country

Round 5 Monday, 17 July - Wednesday, 19 July
Western Australia vs South Australia
Vic Country vs Vic Metro
Bye: Allies

Grand Final Thursday, 20 July - Sunday, 23 July
1st vs 2nd

SFA State of Origin List of Champions

Code:
Series  Winner

1       Victoria
2       South Australia
3       Western Australia
4       Western Australia
5       Western Australia
6       Allies
7       Victoria Country
8       Victoria Country
9       Allies
10      NSW/ACT
11      Allies
12      Victoria Metro
13      NSW/ACT
14      South Australia
15      Victoria Metro
16      South Australia
17      Western Australia

ak4woyf-png.1704779

State of Origin.

State vs State. Mate vs Mate.

Welcome to representative Qooty. Five state teams battling to decide who is the best of the best.

2023 marks the 18th State of Origin Series to be held in the SFA. The concept has long been woven into the fabric of the league, initially starting out in Season 7 with a combined Victorian team winning the inaugural series against the Allies 16.8.104 to 15.9.99. The series was played regularly until Season 18 after the 13th series when the competition was disbanded.

Prior to Season 27, State of Origin was revived by Administrator Kennedy "Cloud_" Parker when Series XIV was held and has since then been played annually.

Will the Western Australians be able to defend their crown and mantle as the most successful state in origin history?

Will South Australia continue their golden run since the revival of the series and play in a 5th straight grand final?

Can the Allies finally perform to the potential of their massive talent pool?

Will the Victorian teams bounce back after underwhelming results in recent years?

All of those questions will be answered between the 3rd and 23rd of July.

Captain, Vice-Captains, jumper designs and accompanying interviews will be revealed in this thread.

Round 1 Monday, 3 July - Wednesday, 5 July
Vic Country vs Western Australia
Allies vs South Australia
Bye: Vic Metro

Round 2 Thursday, 6 July - Sunday, 9 July
South Australia vs Vic Country
Vic Metro vs Allies
Bye: Western Australia

Allies vs Vic Country

Round 4 Thursday, 13 July - Sunday, 16 July
Western Australia vs Allies
South Australia vs Vic Metro
Bye: Vic Country

Round 5 Monday, 17 July - Wednesday, 19 July
Western Australia vs South Australia
Vic Country vs Vic Metro
Bye: Allies

Grand Final Thursday, 20 July - Sunday, 23 July
1st vs 2nd

SFA State of Origin List of Champions

Code:
Series  Winner

1       Victoria
2       South Australia
3       Western Australia
4       Western Australia
5       Western Australia
6       Allies
7       Victoria Country
8       Victoria Country
9       Allies
10      NSW/ACT
11      Allies
12      Victoria Metro
13      NSW/ACT
14      South Australia
15      Victoria Metro
16      South Australia
17      Western Australia
Hates it.

Allies vs Vic Country
I'll set a calendar reminder.
Ready to go all Mal Brown on some Vic Metro flogs.

Allies: Blazer, Jumpers, Captains Interview
Jumper FrontBlazerJumper Back
pA5WYsz.png QIZYVVx.png INX18kA.png
Graphics thanks to TheInjuryFactory

Allies Captain - damicky
The Allies Captain for Series XVIII will be the Captain of the West Coast Wonders THE CHEESE damicky. Damicky burst onto the scene winning the EKA Medal in Season 32 and then following up with the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 33 and a top 20 finish in the Beez Trophy in Season 34 in a blistering start to his Qooty career. After bouncing around a few clubs in his first season, he has settled into the captaincy at the West Coast Wonders, leading them to a successful campaign to date in Season 35 with a top 2 finish, putting the Wonders in a strong position to make an impact in finals.

Allies Vice-Captain - Dingster
Damicky's handpicked deputy will be one of the most experienced stars in the league - the SFA's most handsome man, Dingster. Dingster's pedigree does not need to be explained, he is Hall of Fame league legend with 7 top 20 finishes in the Beez Trophy, four All-SFA selections, a Frankston Rover Award and Fred Medal along with playing in 2 premierships - one of which where he was captain. A very experienced State of Origin campaigner, he will bring experience to the Allies leadership.

Allies Captains Interview

4gPW50S.png

KP: Congratulations damicky on being chosen as the captain of the Allies State of Origin team for Series XVIII. This is only your second series and you are relatively new to the league. From your perspective, what does it mean to be a State of Origin captain and what does the State of Origin concept mean to you?

Dam:
Thanks, KP

I have only been in the Sweet FA for 4 Seasons ... BUT I have achieved more than most 10+ Season Players

It is a great privilege to be named Captain of The Allies in only my second State of Origin Series

The SOO concept gives us an opportunity to banter with Club opponents & against Club teammates ... after a disappointing Series XVII on & off the field, I am looking forward to restoring pride in The Allies jersey

KP: You have chosen Dingster as your vice-captain for this series. How have you come to that decision and what do you expect Ding to bring to the table over the course of this series?

Dam: I actually asked Dingster to be my Co-Captain ... he chose to be my Vice Captain

Ding will share the knowledge & experience that he has acquired over his highly decorated qareer ... I can also blame him if things don't go to plan

KP: Dingster this is yet another in a long list of origin campaigns for you. For the benefit of those entering their first State of Origin series, can you share a personal State of Origin highlight?

Ding: Putting BRAB and Ant Bear in the same team. It's what the fans wanted.

KP: Now there has been a lot of talk about a Queensland breakaway team prior to this series - a movement started by a Victorian who's played for South Australia the last 3 years - which obviously is not eventuating this year. What will you two be doing to get everybody to buy-in to the Allies and play as a unit?

Dam: There is a lot of QLD-NSW rivalry with the other SOO Series also being played ... we will remind The Allies Players that our real enemies are TheInjuryFactory & The Western Australians

Ding: When you look at the make up of the team and history of many of us experienced qootiers having played together, it will happen naturally. Look at the last few seasons and the Allies have been active in all the match threads and superior in quality. We're that good.

KP: In terms of Qooty, taking a look at the talent available for the Allies, who are you two most looking forward to teaming up with that you would not usually play alongside? Who are the key players you expect to power the Allies to our first series victory since the stone ages?

Dam: Apart from my VC, Strigoi , The Filth Wizard & GWS Goose would be right up there

U2tigers has been talking a big game leading in to this Series ... The Wonders' brothers HARPSichord & MayTheNorthBeWithU will add some passion to our Squad

Ding: Looking forward to team up with a couple of my North brothers HARPSichord and MayTheNorthBeWithU and of course enjoying some quality time with Mrs Turbo.

I reckon The Filth Wizard is ready to tear the series apart and U2tigers looks set for a big series.

KP: From an opposition point of view, who is the biggest obstacle standing between us and the State of Origin title?

Dam: It is not who, it is what:

#VICBIAS is our biggest threat, led by NaturalDisaster & manangatang

Ding: WA. Lots of quality there. They deserve to be second.

KP: And finally, explain for everybody in the SFA, why is the Allies team superior to all the other states?

Dam: The Allies are superior because we are more than just a state (or part of a state)

We represent 3 states, 2 territories & the rest of the universe!

Ding: You summed it up in one of the match threads, maybe against SA? The Allies are stacked with some of the most decorated players in all of Sweet. It really should be a fait accompli.

Vic Metro: Blazer, Jumpers, Captains Interview
7LJOid8.png cJK1cu8.png OXROV4j.png
Vic Metro Captain - NaturalDisaster
The Vic Metro captain for State of Origin Series XVIII is former administrator NaturalDisaster. He is a recipient of the Frankston Rover Award, a 5-time All-SFA player who has finished in the top 20 of the Beez Trophy on 7 occasions and formerly captained the Fighting Furies to a grand final appearance. ND has also led Vic Metro to success in a previous State of Origin campaign, being the Vic Metro captain in the Series XV where Metro won. ND is truly an exponent of the 'best of the best' and is one of the most respected players in the SFA.

Vic Metro Vice-Captain - okeydoke7
NaturalDisaster has selected the legendary goalkicker and also another former administrator Okeydoke7. A Hall of Famer, Okey is one of the most prominent personalities in the league. Wherever he goes, an audience will follow, be it his adoring fans or most ardent detractors. His quest (and failure) to score 1000 goals in Season 35 was one of the biggest stories of the season. He is a Fred Medal winner, a 5-time All-SFA, a former administrator who overhauled the simming process, committee structure, pioneered the concept of charity games and a passionate advocate for State of Origin, okey will be a valuable asset for the Vic Metro origin campaign.

Vic Metro Captains Interview

AvKQJXs.png
KP: Congratulations NaturalDisaster on being once again selected as the captain of the Vic Metro State of Origin team for Series XVIII, obviously this is a series that you have had a fair bit to do with. You've been a previous winning captain for Vic Metro in State of Origin, what is the significance of State of Origin to the SFA in your opinion?

ND: Significance of SoO is keeping a continued level of engagement during the off season so that interest doesn't wane. Not only this, but to get the chance to play with posters you would not usually post with.

It also provides extra oppurtunities for mediocre captains like myself to win flags

KP: The man you have handpicked as your vice-captain is just like you a former administrator, he's also kicked a few Qooty goals over the years - okeydoke7. How did you reach that decision and what do you expect Okey to bring to the table ahead of this campaign?

ND: I was in two minds for this decision. Do I go a younger, but inexperienced face like James Colorado (Likely a future Metro captain) or do I go an older, wiser (lol) experienced face?

I thought it was a bit harsh to throw someone only in their first series to the wolves like that, so I thought it was better to have a more experienced campaigner as my 2IC.

We all know Okey has a massive ego and I expect he will use this to energise the group and intimidate the opposition into submission.

KP: Okey congratulations on being selected as VC of the Vic Metro side. State of Origin is something that you are very passionate about, for the benefit of those going into their first series, could you explain what you most enjoy about the concept of the series?

OK: State of Origin is an opportunity to join forces with posters you’ve never played with and to play against some of your loyal teammates.

At its best, State of Origin is the best against the best. When the league buys in, it’s the best representatives in this competition putting on a show.

The banter is different too - location based banter comes into it and the different mix throws up some interesting match threads.

And of course, it keeps us going during the off-season!

KP: Is there any truth to ruours that you are campaigning behind the scenes to have any State of Origin goals you kick in this series added to your SFA career total so you get to 1000 goals as soon as possible?

OK: Those ruours started back when I was furious at how the last game played out. The Swamprats hierarchy have a lot to answer for - it was a chaotic and ridiculous scene.

But no, I’ll happily kick my 1000th in round 1. State of Origin should stand alone, which gives me the chance to celebrate my 1000th State of Origin goal in Season 249.

KP: Now onto Qooty, the Vic Metro side are viewed as underdogs going into this series. Somebody I know who shall remain nameless, let's call them "The White Possum" has labelled you 'a rag tag collection of geriatrics, failures, perennial losers and flogs captained by a walking meme'. What do the two of you say to the doubters of your Vic Metro side?

ND: Didn't we just win a series? Or was that the series before? * me, I'm turning into ClarkeM. I'm guessing this person is one of those who thinks only the most elite posters should be allowed to participate in SFA.

OK: I’d just tell them to get stuffed.

KP: Powerful response... which players are for Metro are you most looking forward to teaming up with, that you normally would not get the chance to play alongside?

ND: I quote enjoyed playing with posters such as PhenomenalV1, Proper Gander and cooney last time around, so it will be good to get that chance again.

OK: I love teaming up with ClarkeM. Oh wait a minute.

No, I’m looking forward to playing with James Colorado who I’ve enjoyed from afar and teaming up closely with NaturalDisaster

KP: Finally, for the both of you give us a personal highlight from State of Origin, this could be a Qooty moment or a memorable interaction in a match thread.

ND: The time I made manangatang melt stands out to me, even better than whatever series we won the flag.

OK: I’ve enjoyed captaining the club in past seasons. It should be the best of the best, and the chance to lead my peers as we join forces is pretty special.

Last edited:

Allies Captain - damicky
The Allies Captain for Series XVIII will be the Captain of the West Coast Wonders THE CHEESE damicky. Damicky burst onto the scene winning the EKA Medal in Season 32 and then following up with the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 33 and a top 20 finish in the Beez Trophy in Season 34 in a blistering start to his Qooty career. After bouncing around a few clubs in his first season, he has settled into the captaincy at the West Coast Wonders, leading them to a successful campaign to date in Season 35 with a top 2 finish, putting the Wonders in a strong position to make an impact in finals.

Damicky's handpicked deputy will be one of the most experienced stars in the league - the SFA's most handsome man, Dingster. Dingster's pedigree does not need to be explained, he is Hall of Fame league legend with 7 top 20 finishes in the Beez Trophy, four All-SFA selections, a Frankston Rover Award and Fred Medal along with playing in 2 premierships - one of which where he was captain. A very experienced State of Origin campaigner, he will bring experience to the Allies leadership.

4gPW50S.png

KP: Congratulations damicky on being chosen as the captain of the Allies State of Origin team for Series XVIII. This is only your second series and you are relatively new to the league. From your perspective, what does it mean to be a State of Origin captain and what does the State of Origin concept mean to you?

Dam:
Thanks, KP

I have only been in the Sweet FA for 4 Seasons ... BUT I have achieved more than most 10+ Season Players

It is a great privilege to be named Captain of The Allies in only my second State of Origin Series

The SOO concept gives us an opportunity to banter with Club opponents & against Club teammates ... after a disappointing Series XVII on & off the field, I am looking forward to restoring pride in The Allies jersey

KP: You have chosen Dingster as your vice-captain for this series. How have you come to that decision and what do you expect Ding to bring to the table over the course of this series?

Dam: I actually asked Dingster to be my Co-Captain ... he chose to be my Vice Captain

Ding will share the knowledge & experience that he has acquired over his highly decorated qareer ... I can also blame him if things don't go to plan

KP: Dingster this is yet another in a long list of origin campaigns for you. For the benefit of those entering their first State of Origin series, can you share a personal State of Origin highlight?

KP: Now there has been a lot of talk about a Queensland breakaway team prior to this series - a movement started by a Victorian who's played for South Australia the last 3 years - which obviously is not eventuating this year. What will you two be doing to get everybody to buy-in to the Allies and play as a unit?

Dam: There is a lot of QLD-NSW rivalry with the other SOO Series also being played ... we will remind The Allies Players that our real enemies are TheInjuryFactory & The Western Australians

Ding: When you look at the make up of the team and history of many of us experienced qootiers having played together, it will happen naturally. Look at the last few seasons and the Allies have been active in all the match threads and superior in quality. We're that good.

KP: In terms of Qooty, taking a look at the talent available for the Allies, who are you two most looking forward to teaming up with that you would not usually play alongside? Who are the key players you expect to power the Allies to our first series victory since the stone ages?

Dam: Apart from my VC, Strigoi , The Filth Wizard & GWS Goose would be right up there

U2tigers has been talking a big game leading in to this Series ... The Wonders' brothers HARPSichord & MayTheNorthBeWithU will add some passion to our Squad

Ding: Looking forward to team up with a couple of my North brothers HARPSichord and MayTheNorthBeWithU and of course enjoying some quality time with Mrs Turbo.

I reckon The Filth Wizard is ready to tear the series apart and U2tigers looks set for a big series.

KP: From an opposition point of view, who is the biggest obstacle standing between us and the State of Origin title?

KP: And finally, explain for everybody in the SFA, why is the Allies team superior to all the other states?

Dam: The Allies are superior because we are more than just a state (or part of a state)

Ding: You summed it up in one of the match threads, maybe against SA? The Allies are stacked with some of the most decorated players in all of Sweet. It really should be a fait accompli.
I wish you the worst damicky HARPSichord MayTheNorthBeWithU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Australia: Blazer, Jumpers, Captains Interview
Jumpers FrontBlazerJumper Back
M36ekm1.png i5rUXql.png VhaGQSv.png
Graphics thanks to Theinjuryfactory

South Australia Captain - sausageroll
Captaining the modern State of Origin powerhouse - South Australia in Series XVIII is the recently inducted Hall of Fame rookie sausageroll. A 500+ gamer and 6-time All-SFA, sausageroll is an incredibly decorated and admired figure the league having played in 3 premierships and recently starred in two successful State of Origin series for South Australia since the concept's return in 2019. The CV of sausageroll is extraordinary considering he is a rookie with no experience and captaining South Australia will no doubt help the cause in winning that elusive EKA Medal.

South Australia Vice-Captain - por_please_ya
Sausageroll has selected East Side co-captain por_please_ya to be his deputy for South Australia in Series XVIII. Por_please_ya is a star of the league with 4 All-SFA selections and has been a fixture in the South Australian juggernaut that has made all four State of Origin grand finals since the concept's return in 2019, with two title wins. She is elite in many vocations including minecraft, werewolf and Qooty which has made her a key player in maintaining SA's Origin dominance.

South Australia Captains Interview

h0tAGSf.png
KP: Congratulations sausageroll on being selected as the captain of the South Australian State of Origin team for Series XVIII. An obvious choice for someone recently inducted Hall of Fame despite being a rookie with no experience. A lot of expectation on your shoulders taking over a South Australia state side that has played in every grand final since we brought back the series. The concept has had a long, storied history, in your view, how significant is the State of Origin series to the landscape of the SFA?

SR: I've always enjoyed the State of Origin series. It gives you a chance to play alongside people that are usually your opposition.
I also grew up at a time where state games were played regularly in real life leagues thaat were more relevant prior to the creation of the SFA. I stil have a long sleeved wool SA guernsey with #2 on it.

KP: You have selected por_please_ya as your vice-captain for South Australia. Tell us how you came to that choice and what do you expect porps to bring to the table.

SR: There were a few players on the SA list who would be great choices as captains and vice captains of the team but to be honest, porps just felt like the right choice from the start.
She's a popular member of the SFA and has leadership experience. I'm hoping she'll bring a bit of energy to the team and play a part in generating activity within the squad and go on to captain the SA side in the future.

KP: Porps congratulations on being the vice-captain of the South Australia State of Origin side. You've taken on the co-captaincy at the Phoenix for the first time this season and now you are the VC of South Australia which is clearly quite a rapid rise. What does it mean to you to be able to play a part in leading such an elite group of players into a State of Origin campaign?

PO: Thanks KP, it's an honour to be leading alongside sausageroll for the SA team this season. We have been business partners for a couple of years with the Sausageroll Bakery in Sweet, so it only makes sense to be Qooty partners as well. It means a lot to be representing my home-state; we're going to bring a lot of energy and passion and most importantly, frog cakes, Farmers Union Iced Coffee, and FruChocs.

KP: South Australia under the previous leadership of spookism has been an extremely successful outfit in recent years, competed in four grand finals for two wins. What do you two put such consistent success down to and who are the key players that will be important in taking you guys to the ultimate success once again?

SR: I think there were a couple of good captains over that period, but spookism was probably my favourite SA captain of all I've played under.

SA has always been the most under-rated state and has always proven the doubters wrong. This season will be no different and we're determined to continue to continue the level of success that's been achieced in recent times.

PO: Spook's inspired leadership certainly helped, and not letting those Mexicans over the border get to us. I think players like MP_ and croweater 41 will be absolutely critical to our success again this SoO season.

KP: On that note, who are some of the players that you rarely get to team up with, that you are most looking forward to lining up alongside?

SR: In Season 35 I supported whoever was playing against the Demons throughout the entire season so technically I had the opportunity to team up with all of my fellow South Australians at least once over the past few months.
It's been a while since I played alongside sante though so I'm looking forward to that.

PO: Looking forward to being on the same team with the likes of Pugsley, philreich and dogs105, and of course the magnificent GreyCrow.

KP: Finally, for the both of you, give us a personal highlight from the State of Origin series in years gone by.

SR: Personally, the gighlight was spookism playing me at full forward in a season where we won the State of Origin. I've never really had that opportunity in the past and ended up leading the goal kicking i the minor rounds and won the BOG medal in the grand final.
I probably kicked more goals in that State of Origin series than okeydoke7 did in the whole of Season 35

PO: Definitely the first SoO I participated in where we won the GF. It was absolutely epic! I'll never forget holding the trophy aloft my head with my teammates. The memories of that day have never left me, including the parmi I had at the pub after the game - it was the best ever!

Graphics thanks to Theinjuryfactory

South Australia Captain - sausageroll
Captaining the modern State of Origin powerhouse - South Australia in Series XVIII is the recently inducted Hall of Fame rookie sausageroll. A 500+ gamer and 6-time All-SFA, sausageroll is an incredibly decorated and admired figure the league having played in 3 premierships and recently starred in two successful State of Origin series for South Australia since the concept's return in 2019. The CV of sausageroll is extraordinary considering he is a rookie with no experience and captaining South Australia will no doubt help the cause in winning that elusive EKA Medal.

South Australia Vice-Captain - por_please_ya
Sausageroll has selected East Side co-captain por_please_ya to be his deputy for South Australia in Series XVIII. Por_please_ya is a star of the league with 4 All-SFA selections and has been a fixture in the South Australian juggernaut that has made all four State of Origin grand finals since the concept's return in 2019, with two title wins. She is elite in many vocations including minecraft, werewolf and Qooty which has made her a key player in maintaining SA's Origin dominance.

South Australia Captains Interview

View attachment 1715683
KP: Congratulations sausageroll on being selected as the captain of the South Australian State of Origin team for Series XVIII. An obvious choice for someone recently inducted Hall of Fame despite being a rookie with no experience. A lot of expectation on your shoulders taking over a South Australia state side that has played in every grand final since we brought back the series. The concept has had a long, storied history, in your view, how significant is the State of Origin series to the landscape of the SFA?

SR: I've always enjoyed the State of Origin series. It gives you a chance to play alongside people that are usually your opposition.
I also grew up at a time where state games were played regularly in real life leagues thaat were more relevant prior to the creation of the SFA. I stil have a long sleeved wool SA guernsey with #2 on it.

KP: You have selected por_please_ya as your vice-captain for South Australia. Tell us how you came to that choice and what do you expect porps to bring to the table.

SR: There were a few players on the SA list who would be great choices as captains and vice captains of the team but to be honest, porps just felt like the right choice from the start.
She's a popular member of the SFA and has leadership experience. I'm hoping she'll bring a bit of energy to the team and play a part in generating activity within the squad and go on to captain the SA side in the future.

KP: Porps congratulations on being the vice-captain of the South Australia State of Origin side. You've taken on the co-captaincy at the Phoenix for the first time this season and now you are the VC of South Australia which is clearly quite a rapid rise. What does it mean to you to be able to play a part in leading such an elite group of players into a State of Origin campaign?

PO: Thanks KP, it's an honour to be leading alongside sausageroll for the SA team this season. We have been business partners for a couple of years with the Sausageroll Bakery in Sweet, so it only makes sense to be Qooty partners as well. It means a lot to be representing my home-state; we're going to bring a lot of energy and passion and most importantly, frog cakes, Farmers Union Iced Coffee, and FruChocs.

KP: South Australia under the previous leadership of spookism has been an extremely successful outfit in recent years, competed in four grand finals for two wins. What do you two put such consistent success down to and who are the key players that will be important in taking you guys to the ultimate success once again?

SR: I think there were a couple of good captains over that period, but spookism was probably my favourite SA captain of all I've played under.

SA has always been the most under-rated state and has always proven the doubters wrong. This season will be no different and we're determined to continue to continue the level of success that's been achieced in recent times.

PO: Spook's inspired leadership certainly helped, and not letting those Mexicans over the border get to us. I think players like MP_ and croweater 41 will be absolutely critical to our success again this SoO season.

KP: On that note, who are some of the players that you rarely get to team up with, that you are most looking forward to lining up alongside?

SR: In Season 35 I supported whoever was playing against the Demons throughout the entire season so technically I had the opportunity to team up with all of my fellow South Australians at least once over the past few months.
It's been a while since I played alongside sante though so I'm looking forward to that.

PO: Looking forward to being on the same team with the likes of Pugsley, philreich and dogs105, and of course the magnificent GreyCrow.

KP: Finally, for the both of you, give us a personal highlight from the State of Origin series in years gone by.

SR: Personally, the gighlight was spookism playing me at full forward in a season where we won the State of Origin. I've never really had that opportunity in the past and ended up leading the goal kicking i the minor rounds and won the BOG medal in the grand final.
I probably kicked more goals in that State of Origin series than okeydoke7 did in the whole of Season 35

PO: Definitely the first SoO I participated in where we won the GF. It was absolutely epic! I'll never forget holding the trophy aloft my head with my teammates. The memories of that day have never left me, including the parmi I had at the pub after the game - it was the best ever!
Magnificent sausageroll !! This will surely bring in some EKA votes too!

Allies Captain - damicky

4gPW50S.png

Dam:
Thanks, KP

I'm ready if you need me. Don't mind the handcuffs. Someone will find the key before game day. :embarrassedv1:

thumbnail_Attachment-1.jpg

Vic Country: Blazer, Jumpers, Captains Interview
KUZQWHJ.png ZnOMcgp.png AAWXmGG.png

Vic Country Captain - manangatang
The Vic Country Captain for Series XVIII is the Mount Buller Demons Captain and Demons Hall of Famer, manangatang. This man has done it all and has leadership pedigree that is matched by few. He is an All-SFA captain, premiership captain, Beez Trophy winner with 6 All-SFA selections as well as playing in two premierships for the Demons. He is currently the General Manager of Qooty Operations. An extraordinary player who will no doubt be a capable leader for the Counts.

Vic Country Vice-Captain - Pie 4 Life
Manangatang's chosen vice-captain is Dragons FFC legend and Hall of Famer Pie 4 Life. Few in the league have the qualifications that P4L has, a veteran who has played over 500 games, he's played in 3 premierships and been part and parcel of State of Origin since its inception as he was the inaugural Origin-winning captain who led a combined Victoria team to victory in the first ever origin series. He has experience and insights that few others would be able to provide as Vic Country aim to win their first title since Series VIII.

Vic Country Captains Interview

4dTrKoL.png

KP: Congratulations manangatang on being selected as the captain of the Vic Country State of Origin team for Series XVIII. It is another feather in the cap for your extraordinary career. For the benefit of those who are playing in their first ever State of Origin series, could you explain what State of Origin means to you?

MT: For me, it's a thoroughly enjoyable Sweet F.A. tradition to put aside club alignments and petty rivalries and come together to share a bond over what brings us all together.

A mutual hatred of Vic Metro.

KP: You have handpicked Hall of Fame legend Pie 4 Life as your Vic Country Vice-Captain. How did you reach that decision and what do you expect P4L to bring to the table ahead of this campaign?

MT: Quite simply, Pie 4 Life shared my vision of a Vic Country team that is no longer run by the heavy and incredibly draconian hand of ClarkeM .

I also think that Pie 4 Life will help get under the skin of people like Tarks when we have the misfortune of competing against him.

Of course there's the part where he's a league legend and tremendous leader in his own right, but that's probably less important here.

KP: Pie 4 Life congratulations on being selected as VC of the Counts. You've been in the league for a long time and been a part of many iterations of State of Origin. In your view, how important is the concept to the SFA?

P4L: Thanks KP, it was an honour for manangatang to give me the VC band. I've been representing Victoria for so long it was back when there was no Metro and Country - in fact I captained the Vics to a win prior to probably 95% of the current league coming into play. I love State of Origin and for all the seasons I've been active I've always put my hand up because donning the 'Big V' is a massive thing and certainly something I don't take lightly.

KP: Now moving onto Qooty, question for both of you since we brought back State of Origin 4 years ago. Vic Country has competed in the grand final once but never gotten to the ultimate glory. Who are the key players for the Counts that are going to make Series XVIII the one where you go all the way?

MT: For us, the ultimate glory is the enemies we make along the way!

But to address your question around our key players, I find that ant555 always leaves his best Qooty for these sorts of battles. I always like to see Mobbs take a premium spot and dominate.

And of course we have DERO , who I expect great things of during this series.

P4L: We've got a pretty experienced team, so I feel like we're always going to be competitive. Guys like Mobbs who is just about the only player who's been playing longer than me, mang of course, our former skipper ClarkeM and Broken.

KP: On that note, who are some of the players that you most look forward to teaming up with, that you rarely have the opportunity to in the SFA season?

MT: Look; the whole squad is - frankly - busted. In a good way. So 'all of them' would be my answer here.

I enjoy seeing Tigerturbulance roll out his particular set of skills. I love watching GotTheGoodes from a distance. I thrive on seeing what Pickitt can deliver. I positively swell at even the thought of Elton Johns Wig shoving his fist into the ball against the Metros.

Even just the thought of it is a bit much for me really.

P4L: I think for me croweater 41 and Tigerturbulance are two who are always good value. I don't have a lot of Dragons teammates at the Counts, but Knifey Spoony is one who I always enjoy donning the same jumper with. Then those I've already named above. I think I've seen we'll bring in some fresh faces looking at the sign-up thread and that will be nice. Hopefully the rookies all sign up too.

KP: Now let's take a look at the other state teams. Who do you see as your biggest rivals in this series and the state that is the biggest obstacle between you and the title?

MT: Any team that is captained by NaturalDisaster is a team to laugh at, so I'd classify them neither as rivals nor obstacles.

Perhaps the South Australians? I don't know, but playing against sausageroll all season has been rough for my team's SIM results, so I guess that's going to be what we're up against when we play them.

P4L: I know the obvious one is Vic Metro, but the team I always love to beat is Western Australia. It dates back to the fact that Ljp86 is on the side and obviously having played over 500 SFA games together, it's always fun to play against each other. Chuck in serial_thrilla who I respect highly as a former Dragons captain and then players like Tarkyn_24 and omgfridge who I always have good banter with, and beating those Sandgropers is the pinnacle for me.

KP: Finally, from each of you, how about a personal highlight from your experience in State of Origin?

MT: I remember the time when we played at my HOME home ground - the Manangatang Recreation Reserve . Cheryse at the canteen ran out of Rivett's Pies that day, such was the flurry of excitement and the crowd numbers that day.

They're still talking about it now.

P4L: Definitely the first State of Origin where I captained the team to a victory. Though my heart will always be with Vic Country, to have that memory is something I'll never forget. I'm sure we'll have a more recent similar memory soon though. Up the Counts!

Vic Country Captain - manangatang
The Vic Country Captain for Series XVIII is the Mount Buller Demons Captain and Demons Hall of Famer, manangatang. This man has done it all and has leadership pedigree that is matched by few. He is an All-SFA captain, premiership captain, Beez Trophy winner with 6 All-SFA selections as well as playing in two premierships for the Demons. He is currently the General Manager of Qooty Operations. An extraordinary player who will no doubt be a capable leader for the Counts.

Vic Country Vice-Captain - Pie 4 Life
Manangatang's chosen vice-captain is Dragons FFC legend and Hall of Famer Pie 4 Life. Few in the league have the qualifications that P4L has, a veteran who has played over 500 games, he's played in 3 premierships and been part and parcel of State of Origin since its inception as he was the inaugural Origin-winning captain who led a combined Victoria team to victory in the first ever origin series. He has experience and insights that few others would be able to provide as Vic Country aim to win their first title since Series VIII.

Vic Country Captains Interview

View attachment 1715906

KP: Congratulations manangatang on being selected as the captain of the Vic Country State of Origin team for Series XVIII. It is another feather in the cap for your extraordinary career. For the benefit of those who are playing in their first ever State of Origin series, could you explain what State of Origin means to you?

MT: For me, it's a thoroughly enjoyable Sweet F.A. tradition to put aside club alignments and petty rivalries and come together to share a bond over what brings us all together.

A mutual hatred of Vic Metro.

KP: You have handpicked Hall of Fame legend Pie 4 Life as your Vic Country Vice-Captain. How did you reach that decision and what do you expect P4L to bring to the table ahead of this campaign?

MT: Quite simply, Pie 4 Life shared my vision of a Vic Country team that is no longer run by the heavy and incredibly draconian hand of ClarkeM .

I also think that Pie 4 Life will help get under the skin of people like Tarks when we have the misfortune of competing against him.

Of course there's the part where he's a league legend and tremendous leader in his own right, but that's probably less important here.

KP: Pie 4 Life congratulations on being selected as VC of the Counts. You've been in the league for a long time and been a part of many iterations of State of Origin. In your view, how important is the concept to the SFA?

P4L: Thanks KP, it was an honour for manangatang to give me the VC band. I've been representing Victoria for so long it was back when there was no Metro and Country - in fact I captained the Vics to a win prior to probably 95% of the current league coming into play. I love State of Origin and for all the seasons I've been active I've always put my hand up because donning the 'Big V' is a massive thing and certainly something I don't take lightly.

KP: Now moving onto Qooty, question for both of you since we brought back State of Origin 4 years ago. Vic Country has competed in the grand final once but never gotten to the ultimate glory. Who are the key players for the Counts that are going to make Series XVIII the one where you go all the way?

MT: For us, the ultimate glory is the enemies we make along the way!

But to address your question around our key players, I find that ant555 always leaves his best Qooty for these sorts of battles. I always like to see Mobbs take a premium spot and dominate.

And of course we have DERO , who I expect great things of during this series.

P4L: We've got a pretty experienced team, so I feel like we're always going to be competitive. Guys like Mobbs who is just about the only player who's been playing longer than me, mang of course, our former skipper ClarkeM and Broken.

KP: On that note, who are some of the players that you most look forward to teaming up with, that you rarely have the opportunity to in the SFA season?

MT: Look; the whole squad is - frankly - busted. In a good way. So 'all of them' would be my answer here.

I enjoy seeing Tigerturbulance roll out his particular set of skills. I love watching GotTheGoodes from a distance. I thrive on seeing what Pickitt can deliver. I positively swell at even the thought of Elton Johns Wig shoving his fist into the ball against the Metros.

Even just the thought of it is a bit much for me really.

P4L: I think for me croweater 41 and Tigerturbulance are two who are always good value. I don't have a lot of Dragons teammates at the Counts, but Knifey Spoony is one who I always enjoy donning the same jumper with. Then those I've already named above. I think I've seen we'll bring in some fresh faces looking at the sign-up thread and that will be nice. Hopefully the rookies all sign up too.

KP: Now let's take a look at the other state teams. Who do you see as your biggest rivals in this series and the state that is the biggest obstacle between you and the title?

MT: Any team that is captained by NaturalDisaster is a team to laugh at, so I'd classify them neither as rivals nor obstacles.

Perhaps the South Australians? I don't know, but playing against sausageroll all season has been rough for my team's SIM results, so I guess that's going to be what we're up against when we play them.

P4L: I know the obvious one is Vic Metro, but the team I always love to beat is Western Australia. It dates back to the fact that Ljp86 is on the side and obviously having played over 500 SFA games together, it's always fun to play against each other. Chuck in serial_thrilla who I respect highly as a former Dragons captain and then players like Tarkyn_24 and omgfridge who I always have good banter with, and beating those Sandgropers is the pinnacle for me.

KP: Finally, from each of you, how about a personal highlight from your experience in State of Origin?

MT: I remember the time when we played at my HOME home ground - the Manangatang Recreation Reserve . Cheryse at the canteen ran out of Rivett's Pies that day, such was the flurry of excitement and the crowd numbers that day.

They're still talking about it now.

P4L: Definitely the first State of Origin where I captained the team to a victory. Though my heart will always be with Vic Country, to have that memory is something I'll never forget. I'm sure we'll have a more recent similar memory soon though. Up the Counts!
My favourite one yet 🥰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back