Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Browne has been right on every trade movement for the last 3 years.

This is because he covers all possible bases within each week from August to October.

I've seen him reported here to have had 3 different opinions on 3 consecutive days at times.

There is clickbait.......and then there is guys like Tom Browne who make you actively avoid his shows. Blonk.

Clarko didn't actually speak to Cogs. He just dropped some footy cards on the table.

Burgoyne
Scully
Hale
Gibson
Guerra
O'Meara
T Mitchell
Wingard
Frawley
McEvoy
Ceglar
Lake

And handed him a biro.
Random Post? Where you going for players from other clubs to win premierships at the Hawks or just good players we recruited from other clubs?

Would have more effect dropping names like Dew, Simpkin, Spangher or even Croad.
You could have gone with slamming the cards down one at a time and going Lake, Lake, Lake, Gunston, Gunston, Gunston, Burgoyne, Burgoyne, Burgoyne, and then yelling GIN.

Anyway it was just a coffee catch up and as the article said all Cogs did was tell him nothing. Just a friendly catch up and just wanted to personally invite him down to a restaurant he owns in partnership with some random stranger that he heard played for the Hawks. He also did mention that his previous restaurant business partner Hamish McLachlan was totally mistaken when he reported he was off to the Hawks and that McLachlan sold out donkey years ago (Donkey years = 2 months) and he is totally out of the loop.

He did discuss a couple of things football though with Clarko.
Firstly he wanted to make sure his good mate Jon Patton was going to be looked after well, as he heard this very quiet rumour that no-one has heard about (so totally sssshhhh on this one ok, just between you and me) that Jon was coming to the Hawks (seriously keep that one under your hat).

Secondly his manager wanted him to be seen with Clarko so the Blues (where is he really off to) would up their ridiculously stupid high offer even further, and he was using the Hawks as bait to do this. Of course Stephen wasn't happy about this as he doesn't like his manager using another club to try and up his $$$ offer cause he feels sorry for them from last year when that happened to them with a different player. Actually he cheekily had a little laugh about this. He said this player had them so sucked in that he even went on a joy ride in a private jet and ate free cake. Stephen said Clarko didn't need to take him on a private jet to suck everyone in though, and he would send free cake from the restaurant with the Hawks player once he knew whom he was. Asked Clarko if he knew much about this guy. Apparently the guy is called Jags or something, but Clarko seemed a little stumped so he didn't pursue it any further.
He did say one the deciding factors in going to the Blues was the extra $$$, as the restaurant game is a risky business. Having 2 of these restaurants in Sydney and one in Richmond/Melbourne he needed the security of the money.

He did go on to say that he had some real connection at Carlton. He said to Clarko "did you know my name means rabbit in Italian"? And Carlton have this crazy connection to being linked to Italian stuff. I mean it's just mind blowing how connected that makes me feel. And he felt much more connected with the guys there and didn't have any real mates at the Hawks, except Jon of course, which no-one knows about.

Lastly he wanted to explain that he felt much more comfortable going with this wizz bang coach the Blues just got in. Some world beater that his risen them to the heights of 16th and on track for top 4 next year. Said he wasn't comfortable playing with a coach that had been at his club for 15 years and couldn't crack a Coach of the Year award in all that time. How could he take him seriously if he couldn't do that? He did feel a bit mean saying this but wanted to be truthful with Clarko.

He did want to break the news to Clarko in person and cause he felt bad in doing so; Stephen bought the coffees.

So there you have it, just a harmless coffee and nothing to report.

Last edited:
Clarko the ultimate gentleman - players should stay at their clubs but if they want to leave we want to be at the front of the pack.

None of this parading around and showing off.

Very magnanimous and humble- just like Hawthorn supporters in general. I am a great (and rather attractive) example of this by the way.

Clarko the ultimate gentleman - players should stay at their clubs but if they want to leave we want to be at the front of the pack.

None of this parading around and showing off.

Very magnanimous and humble- just like Hawthorn supporters in general. I am a great (and rather attractive) example of this by the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if cogs stays at GWS the amount of melts will be strong from Hawks and Blues supporters

Doesn't matter where he goes, there is always going to be Melts.
Could go to the Hawks, be Titch, Cogs, Worpedo and O'Meara midfield next season, and everyone will be up in arms how the Hawks could build that midfield without using a single first round draft pick.

Personally, I think it is going to be the Blues. And I could be wrong, but who knows.

and everyone will be up in arms how the Hawks could build that midfield without using a single first round draft pick.
That would be because that didn't happen.

Hawthorn has used #14, #10 (which cost #23 and #7 for 2017) to build that.

Geez if cogs stays at GWS the amount of melts will be strong from Hawks and Blues supporters

I wouldn't melt at all if he stayed at GWS. That would show he is committed to getting GWS, which shows character

If he does leave, the supporter base of the side that misses out, will go from stating he is an elite talent, to just a blue collar footballer

Personally I hope he stays at GWS

That would be because that didn't happen.

I said pick, not trade. As in pick a player from the draft. Hawks have not used a first round PICK, to PICK a player, for some times.
Last ones were Burton and Lovell I think. Then back to maybe Smith?? in 2009, or maybe 2010, cannot remember unless I google it.

I said pick, not trade. As in pick a player from the draft. Hawks have not used a first round PICK, to PICK a player, for some times.
Last ones were Burton and Lovell I think. Then back to maybe Smith?? in 2009, or maybe 2010, cannot remember unless I google it.
You said without using a single first round pick.

You used them.

If he does leave, the supporter base of the side that misses out, will go from stating he is an elite talent, to just a blue collar footballer

I always claimed O'Meara is B Grade, which has nearly been evident this season, been out shone by a 2nd year player quite easily, and a bunch of old man.

If Cogs does go to the Hawks, O'Meara would be the worst of the 4 mids.

I always claimed O'Meara is B Grade, which has nearly been evident this season, been out shone by a 2nd year player quite easily, and a bunch of old man.

If Cogs does go to the Hawks, O'Meara would be the worst of the 4 mids.

Development/form is never linear

JOM, is about to enter that age where mids start their peak.

You would be crazy to be so dismissive of what he could become

Development/form is never linear

JOM, is about to enter that age where mids start their peak.

You would be crazy to be so dismissive of what he could become
The role the player is in will make a bad player look better too, especially if they are not good by foot and the opposition chooses to put more work into the rest of the side over them.

That isn't directed at O'Meara, just padding it out.

I wouldn't melt at all if he stayed at GWS. That would show he is committed to getting GWS, which shows character

Personally I hope he stays at GWS
You must have good mail that he isn’t going to Carlton I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back