Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have good mail that he isn’t going to Carlton I suppose.

You are misunderstanding my post.

While both Hawks and Blues would benefit from obtaining a player such as Cogs, it really won't change the direction of each club

As for mail, unless you are in that select handful of ITK posters, most of the mail/rumours are just a guess

Personally I think he will stay at GWS, but the longer he holds out, the chances of him leaving increase. If he does leave, presently I think it is a 50/50 call between Hawks and Blues

Clarko didn't actually speak to Cogs. He just dropped some footy cards on the table.

Burgoyne
Scully
Hale
Gibson
Guerra
O'Meara
T Mitchell
Wingard
Frawley
McEvoy
Ceglar
Lake

And handed him a biro.

Those footy cards aren't worth s**t now with Coniglios autograph on them.

Carlton are nuts to offer that much more than Cripps if and i say if its true

Far from it.

You do understand the concept of banking 5% of the cap to allow you to spend 105% later. That's exactly what club's do. Save up $300kp for several years and use it to either re-sign a gun or buy one.

It's smart list management and a system put in place for this exact purpose. Clubs with weak list dont pay 100% of the cap to under performing lists. They save that money to buy a free agent or trade target just like Coniligio. They also technically buy draft picks with free agents.

He gets a one year sign up fee then goes back to being paid what other top players get paid.

Last edited:

You are misunderstanding my post.

While both Hawks and Blues would benefit from obtaining a player such as Cogs, it really won't change the direction of each club

As for mail, unless you are in that select handful of ITK posters, most of the mail/rumours are just a guess

Personally I think he will stay at GWS, but the longer he holds out, the chances of him leaving increase. If he does leave, presently I think it is a 50/50 call between Hawks and Blues
I hate to put a dampener on your parade but apart from jerk circling media hype, the reality is carltons sitting 3rd last on the ladder, you’ve just signed a no named coach. Since him taking over you haven’t beaten anyone in the top eight.
And in the wins you’ve had are against teams that aren’t competing and they’ve still just scraped over the line...
Looking at it objectively, do you really think cogs is going to have a gamble and head to Carlton?

I hate to put a dampener on your parade but apart from jerk circling media hype, the reality is carltons sitting 3rd last on the ladder, you’ve just signed a no named coach. Since him taking over you haven’t beaten anyone in the top eight.
And in the wins you’ve had are against teams that aren’t competing and they’ve still just scraped over the line...
Looking at it objectively, do you really think cogs is going to have a gamble and head to Carlton?
We beat Brisbane and Adelaide who were in the 8. Nice try though

i guess brisbane and adelaide dont really count?

Freo in Perth with 21 men (C.Curnow down in first 5 mins) and no Cripps and Mckay

We beat Brisbane and Adelaide who were in the 8. Nice try though
i guess brisbane and adelaide dont really count?
I’ll give you Brisbane, must’ve been inspirational after watching Bolton walk the week before.

But seriously you’re bragging about beating the crows in rd 19??
This is too good..

You realise how bad they’ve been playing and looking at a full rebuild.

I’ll give you Brisbane, must’ve been inspirational after watching Bolton walk the week before.

But seriously you’re bragging about beating the crows in rd 19??
This is too good..

You realise how bad they’ve been playing and looking at a full rebuild.

We've beaten three top 8 sides since Teague took over....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the inspirational Brisbane win, where do all of those teams sit now?
Come on, I know it’s been exciting competing again but seriously you guys need to step back to into reality.
Freo was in contention for 8th spot until Essendon beat them.
Adelaide are still a chance for 8th.

If we're going to play this game, you've only beaten one top 8 side since Shaw officially got the job.

Last edited:

If we're going to play this game, you've only beaten one top 8 side since Shaw got the job as well.
I didn’t realise Richmond or Collingwood aren’t playing finals this year.

We also kicked one goal against Geelong. So yes we’re a long way off being consistent and completing for finals.

See how reality works we objectively look at both good and bad.

This actually is a pretty close description of Noth you do realise!

Last edited:
I didn’t realise Richmond or Collingwood aren’t playing finals this year.

We also kicked one goal against Geelong. So yes we’re a long way off being consistent and completing for finals.

See how reality works we objectively look at both good and bad.

There's nothing that I've had to look at objectively in this discussion. You made the statement that we haven't beaten a top 8 team since Teague took over, which I responded with Brisbane, Adelaide and Freo.

Apologies for the Richmond and Collingwood games, I was going off Shaw's official appointment.

If we're going to play this game, you've only beaten one top 8 side since Shaw got the job as well.
North fans aren't jizzing in their pants over Shaw.

There's nothing that I've had to look at objectively in this discussion. You made the statement that we haven't beaten a top 8 team since Teague took over, which I responded with Brisbane, Adelaide and Freo.

Apologies for the Richmond and Collingwood games, I was going off Shaw's official appointment.
I’ll put it another way, if you were a player who has to pick between two clubs.
One has a coach who’s won multiple premierships over the last decade. Who’s shown he can rebuild a team and seems to get the best out of players, is currently just sitting outside the eight.

The other team is sitting bottom end of the ladder, with an untried coach, who hasn’t gone thru a preseason yet. A team full of multiple first round draft picks. Who’s on their seventh or eight rebuild.

Who would you choose?

Apart from the inspirational Brisbane win, where do all of those teams sit now?
Come on, I know it’s been exciting competing again but seriously you guys need to step back to into reality.

Teague is 6-4 after taking over a team that went 1-10, with 5 or 6 best 22 out each week.

I think we are right to be confident, especially if we can add Docherty, Curnow, Coniglio (Marchbank, Cuningham, Jones, Weitering also missed on the weekend but you won’t care about those) and whoever we trade pick 8 for to the best 22 next season. And another preseason to our core of 19-22 year olds, with Thomas being the only loss from that side.

Plenty of reasons for Coniglio to pick us. The rise of Brisbane only confirms that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back