Toast Stephen Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

The one thing I’ve never really seen in watching football that Hill has is the first 20-30m ‘speed’ ‘pace’ whatever you call it. He was able to get the ball then seamlessingly separate himself from the opponent in such a short time and distance. Always used this to his advantage. He was rated the fastest player off 0-20m at one period in the league.
His kicking was incredible.
Sad as remember the day he got injured in that career blossoming start in 2017 or 2018 season I think. Was raking up high numbers and was fit as ever. Then his groin gave way. Thought ah well he ll be out for 1-2 weeks. Little did we know..

a bit like Rioli, Hilly must have been like 99% fast twitch fibres which unfortunately do blow out quicker.

Hill still holds the agility test record, he made some people look bloody foolish at times with his explosiveness off the mark.

The one thing I’ve never really seen in watching football that Hill has is the first 20-30m ‘speed’ ‘pace’ whatever you call it. He was able to get the ball then seamlessingly separate himself from the opponent in such a short time and distance. Always used this to his advantage. He was rated the fastest player off 0-20m at one period in the league.
His kicking was incredible.
Sad as remember the day he got injured in that career blossoming start in 2017 or 2018 season I think. Was raking up high numbers and was fit as ever. Then his groin gave way. Thought ah well he ll be out for 1-2 weeks. Little did we know..

I recall chatting briefly with him at Joondalup prior to pre-seasoner v Weags, not sure of year. He'd been out for a bit but was smilingly confident he'd be good to go very soon. Told him how much we'd missed him. Oh Hilly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back