Deepthroat

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2002
Keilor East
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
Essendon's best performed forward thus far this season is an upgraded 2nd year rookie who could easily be lured to fill a HFF next year without compromising too much of the massive GWS salary cap. (I don't imagine the Bombers would be keen on paying much more than $250k per year given they have spent a lot tying the likes of Hurley & Ryder to the club).

Thoughts?

Crameri is a quality player, but I also think that, well the fact is he's only played 8 AFL games. He's got good attributes, and fits in well with the Essendon team, who are really good at getting the ball to him. Because of how inexperienced he is, I can't see him contributing enough in a team like the Giants.. They should really be going for a player like Hurley, who's been around a bit longer and really understands what's required..

Essendon's best performed forward thus far this season is an upgraded 2nd year rookie who could easily be lured to fill a HFF next year without compromising too much of the massive GWS salary cap. (I don't imagine the Bombers would be keen on paying much more than $250k per year given they have spent a lot tying the likes of Hurley & Ryder to the club).

Thoughts?

Salary cap pressure is not a problem at Essendon, they would be paying close to the minimum required at this stage

Bombers are already talking contracts with him for nest year and beyond.... has a permanent spot in the Bomber forward line at the moment, doubt he would give away all he has worked hard for to join the GWS experiment... :p

Read a really good article today on the Age website indicating that he's a very loyal player and isn't the sort to want to play for any other club.. Essendon can afford to pay him enough to keep him here, not that money was going to be a really crucial factor..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back