Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-crameri-return-former-club-15506/

REPORTS: Crameri could return to his former club

Out-of-contract Western Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri may return to his former club at the end of the season, with the Bombers interested in the 29-year-old forward.

The Bulldogs are yet to offer Crameri a new deal to remain at Whitten Oval, and AFL.com.aubelieve that deal will not eventuate, meaning he will need to look elsewhere to continue his career.

Crameri debuted for Essendon in 2010 and played 57 games for the Bombers, before heading to the Dogs at the end of the 2013 season on a four-year deal worth around $450,000 per season.

40 of his 42 games in red, white and blue came in his first two seasons at the Dogs, with his 2016 season wiped out due to a doping ban, while only playing two games in 2017 because of a hip injury.

“I’ve had a little bit of interest (from other clubs), and I’ll work through that with my manager and go from there, so I’ll see how things play out,” Crameri told the media as he arrived for his exit meeting last month.

“The doctors have ticked off (my hip injury), so I can’t wait to start pre-season and have a 2018 campaign not to forget. I can’t wait.”

Crameri has kicked 166 goals from his 99 career games, and has averaged 14.6 disposals, 4.2 marks and 2.9 inside 50s per game over his career.

2 games and 1 goal since 2015 is a steep hill but it could pay off, presuming he is traded for a token pick and is recruited on a low salary (<$250k).

I think he'd be worth a punt for Essendon, at worst they'd get a solid VFL player who can contribute at senior level. They might even get a 30+ goal 4th tall forward. Melbourne could use him too I reckon.

Has Collingwood written all over it though:rolleyes:

question would be where we play him.
Daniher, Hooker and Stewart will start as the talls
Tippa & Fantasia as the smalls.
Begley has been good in his early games.

Missed a season to the hip injury and a season to the suspension.
Depth is a thing you know

I'd rather keep him to be honest - worth little as a trade and hopefully he gets his hips right to get in a pre-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followed macca and has wanted to be back at Ess since he was given the boot. Would expect him to play VFL unless they are needing to fill spots with pick 100 odd.

he was never given the "boot".

he asked for a larger contract than what he was worth. He was not given said contract and thus signed with the bulldogs. When he left Essendon he was our leading goal kicker.

question would be where we play him.
Daniher, Hooker and Stewart will start as the talls
Tippa & Fantasia as the smalls.
Begley has been good in his early games.

Missed a season to the hip injury and a season to the suspension.
You also have Francis and Laverde waiting in the wings, Crameri would be playing vfl all season.

You also have Francis and Laverde waiting in the wings, Crameri would be playing vfl all season.
Francis will more likely than not play defence next season and Laverde will be building towards more of a midfield/forward role if he can get a full pre-season tucked under his belt

If the Bulldogs don't want him on the list next season at all and only one club is interested in him then I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a delisted free agent and then is picked up by the interested club for nothing on a one year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back