Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

It was back when Jars was skinnier and a half decent looking bloke.
you may not like it but this is what the ideal male body looks like:
andrew-jarman-of-the-all-stars-in-action-during-the-2019-ej-whitten-picture-id1164772361

Always interesting to see what jumpers overseas footy teams are wearing.
The USAFL Power team got their hands on Port's 2013 NAB Cup guernseys, which completely lack sponsors.
1628053333099.png
1628053538024.png
This jumper is a little interesting to me. Port bolt jumper with silver instead of teal, has the teal just faded so much to become silver or was it a training jumper? Or even a prototype?
1628053131552.png

Last edited:
Always interesting to see what jumpers overseas footy teams are wearing.
The USAFL Power team got their hands on Port's 2013 NAB Cup guernseys, which completely lack sponsors.
View attachment 1195810
View attachment 1195816
This jumper is a little interesting to me. Port lightning jumper with silver instead of teal, has the teal just faded so much to become silver or was it a training jumper? Or even a prototype?
View attachment 1195802

Looks like a prototype

Heaps of those teams in the USAFL have mint PI/MW gear from AFL clubs. It’s heartbreaking for jumper collectors here in Aus.

Yep, best Crows clash guernsey of all time lies in the hands of the Austin Crows. Don't think I've ever seen a PI of this for sale in my five years of shopping for jumpers, if I did I would have tried to buy it.
1628093803448.png
1628093788653.png
Thing is they haven't worn these guernseys in many years as they wear newer stuff now, I really hope they didn't throw them out...

Rare photo of Michael Tuck in a short sleeve jumper. I'm not sure if this was during the actual Grand Final, where it was so hot he did change from his usual long sleeve and wore this during the 2nd half of the match..?

Tuck no sleeves.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, best Crows clash guernsey of all time lies in the hands of the Austin Crows. Don't think I've ever seen a PI of this for sale in my five years of shopping for jumpers, if I did I would have tried to buy it.
View attachment 1196247
View attachment 1196246
Thing is they haven't worn these guernseys in many years as they wear newer stuff now, I really hope they didn't throw them out...
Just go play for them, rack the jumper than return to aus with the goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny it's an error, because I've wanted them to make The Eagle blue on the yellow uniform because it looks better.
You think it looks better? I think it looks like a mistake.

It doesn't make sense to invert the colours of your logo because the shadow needs to be in the darker colour (the blue).

You think it looks better? I think it looks like a mistake.

It doesn't make sense to invert the colours of your logo because the shadow needs to be in the darker colour (the blue).

Literally West Coast's first guernsey, which that clash guernsey is seemingly based off had the blue Eagle on yellow. It looks better because it adds a contrast between the two. The Eagle being yellow on a yellow uniform doesn't stand out at all.

22823.jpg

Literally West Coast's first guernsey, which that clash guernsey is seemingly based off had the blue Eagle on yellow. It looks better because it adds a contrast between the two. The Eagle being yellow on a yellow uniform doesn't stand out at all.

View attachment 1212988
What he's trying to say is with the current Weagles logo, the inverse looks horrid, and it does. Because the logo relies on a darker colour (blue) to be the shadow, it doesn't work when you inverse it because it goes against a lighter colour.

1629586477855.png 1629586491310.png

The difference is night and day.

What he's trying to say is with the current Weagles logo, the inverse looks horrid, and it does. Because the logo relies on a darker colour (blue) to be the shadow, it doesn't work when you inverse it because it goes against a lighter colour.

View attachment 1213057View attachment 1213058

The difference is night and day.
It needs a black eye, but it’s still better (shadow notwithstanding).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back