Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

115718.jpg

Crawf's jumper with no logo.

Puma must have had some serious quality control issues around 2004. Three examples alone with logos blatantly missing/wrongly positioned on guernseys. The AFL would have a field day handing out fines if this happened these days.
51110883-nick-holland-for-the-hawks-in-action-during-gettyimages.jpg

Puma must have had some serious quality control issues around 2004. Three examples alone with logos blatantly missing/wrongly positioned on guernseys. The AFL would have a field day handing out fines if this happened these days.
View attachment 317952
How's the split collar, too

View attachment 317952
The embroidered Mitsubishi logo though...

This is awesome! A really interesting take on the prison bars, and in a way a design that would be somewhat revisited in the late-90s Swans pre-season jumper (although I'm sure the designers of the time had no idea about this existing concept... none of us did until now!)

Interesting to hear the classic white with red vee described as "anaemic" too. Not the sort of word usually aligned with clothing or apparel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the publication Mero?
Football Life July 1968.
From what I've found, they gradually introduced the new material, with a majority of players wearing the old wool style, with button up collars until 1977, by which time the vee neck collar on the acrylic jumpers had become more prominent.

Brisbane and Freo playing a practice match at Victoria Park in March 2002. Such an odd venue – out of use in the AFL and thousands of kilometres away from both teams' home grounds...

130849.jpg
Early 2000s photos always seem to have so much colour.

Brisbane and Freo playing a practice match at Victoria Park in March 2002. Such an odd venue – out of use in the AFL and thousands of kilometres away from both teams' home grounds...

130849.jpg
Looking over the fixture it looks like the AFL wanted all games completed on the Saturday. West Coast hosted North at Subiaco that day and the 'gabba was still being used for cricket, but that doesn't explain why one of their training grounds couldn't be used.

"Mum says I can't play"
149279.jpg

Apparently this is a smother. I think they're just having a bit too much fun.
151992.jpg

It was at this moment Scott knew he ****ed up.
151954.jpg

Fila were BLK before BLK were BLK
164914.jpg

The jumper match up
28737.jpg

First time I saw a Melbourne Fila jumper that pink.

I reckon that's the lighting playing tricks on that photo (unlike the New Balance ones we had a couple of years back where they could never get the red to actually look red!).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back