Studs/Sprigs up rule

Remove this Banner Ad

So 2 of the 3 would have been In The Back rven after this urgent rule revision ??

As to the difference, about 40cm or 50cm more reach and double or triple the force from extending your leg fully, over using your knee.

This rule has nothing to do with in the back. You're allowed to make forceful impact with an opponent's back when flying for a mark.

Can't believe how many people here think it's right to penalise Howe's and Reiwoldt's marks. Getting stops in your back is not an injury. I've got 30 year old scars on my back from that - no-one misses any playing time from a boot in the back from a player flying through the air. Toby Greene had one of his legs planted on the ground when he kicked out when marking in that game in Sydney - now that's a free kick. Bit of commonsense needed...

plain ******ed.

i hope mcgovern takes a studs up mark over riewoldt in the dying seconds of the prelim to deny richmond.

afl, has gotta be the only sport in the world where we change rules and interpretations week by week. amateur hour as usual

It was amateur hour to over interpret the rule on Sunday,the second one was worse with 2 mins to go.

Getting stops in your back is not an injury. I've got 30 year old scars on my back from that

The hoops some people go through when trying to make a point. Not an injury but you have scars. Awesome. So a punch to the face which draws blood is not an injury, because you still have your nose? Therefore contact below force required?

This rule has nothing to do with in the back. You're allowed to make forceful impact with an opponent's back when flying for a mark.

Can't believe how many people here think it's right to penalise Howe's and Reiwoldt's marks. Getting stops in your back is not an injury. I've got 30 year old scars on my back from that - no-one misses any playing time from a boot in the back from a player flying through the air. Toby Greene had one of his legs planted on the ground when he kicked out when marking in that game in Sydney - now that's a free kick. Bit of commonsense needed...

So "in the back" doesnt exist in marking contests?

Really?

The hoops some people go through when trying to make a point. Not an injury but you have scars. Awesome. So a punch to the face which draws blood is not an injury, because you still have your nose? Therefore contact below force required?

So "in the back" doesnt exist in marking contests?

Really?
You're either obfuscating or you don't actually understand the point being made about flying for a mark

When you play footy you consider an injury to be something that costs you playing time, not something that hurts or bleeds a little.

Like having to go to the bench for medical treatment? You know... like Sheppard? After Riewoldt shoved him out of a marking contest?

Pretty sure you Richmond supporters will bitch and moan when opposition teams start using it as a tactic.

Like having to go to the bench for medical treatment? You know... like Sheppard? After Riewoldt shoved him out of a marking contest?

Pretty sure you Richmond supporters will bitch and moan when opposition teams start using it as a tactic.

I guess it's never really been a game for softcocks

Why can't we have a game where players don't touch other player with their studs? It's not asking a lot. If you aren't good enough to take the mark without doing it, then you aren't good enough to take the mark. That's my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back