Autopsy SUNS @ Hawthorn - Sat 23rd June

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if Holman was poor enough to warrant omission, but I just dont want him anywhere near the midfield. doesn't find anywhere near enough of the pill.
We actually just NEED Barlow to come back. He's our only genuine clearance winner at this point. Not sure where he's at in regards to injury though

Out: Bowes, Young, Day
In: Wright, Brodie, Spencer

I dont know if Holman was poor enough to warrant omission, but I just dont want him anywhere near the midfield. doesn't find anywhere near enough of the pill.
We actually just NEED Barlow to come back. He's our only genuine clearance winner at this point. Not sure where he's at in regards to injury though

Yeah that was one of Holman's better game for us he keeps his spot this week.

I would only make two changes

Rischitelli and Day

• Banned

Holman I don't know , sometime you just don't want him to get too many touches because of his kicking and turnover , but looking at the list there are no one left to play apart from Powell,nutting and Jaska .

• Banned
Unleash Ablett pick Powell for Holman.

Think you need to check stats - who is the highest turnover player for the Suns ? https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tr-gold-coast-suns?year=2018&rt=TA&st=TO
Interestingly Holman is way down the list...
Those stats are slightly misleading IMO
It should be TO's per disposal
If you're only getting 5 touches and turning it over 5 times I'm worried
If you're getting 50 and turning it over 5 times meh
Holman's TO's are about the same per disposal- most of the mids turn it over 20-25% of the time
OTOH Jesse Joyce does it about 10-15% of the time which is no doubt why he is a walk up start

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Out: Day, Bowes, Young
In: Wright, Brodie, Powell

Holman really impressed me Sat night - great tackler and got into about 3 fights. We need to develop a hard nosed thug and he might be it.

Did Day play on the weekend?
Didnt see him.
If thats the case. Be gone.

Your not running to the right spots.
Need to learn the game plan and find your strengths in the NEAFL
I got the shock of my life when l saw Rischitelli after the game. I honestly had no idea he was playing.
He is the most overcooked player l've ever seen.

Please explain your metric - my thinking average turnovers per game measures it …?
Just look at average effective disposal .
Number of game and what position played , Thompson got the lowest which was understandable consider he play more of a lock down backline role .

Last edited:
Just look at average effective disposal .
Number of game and what position played , Thompson got the lowest which was understandable consider he play more of a lock down backline role .
So you guys are talking disposal efficiency - that's way different than turnovers....;)

So you guys are talking disposal efficiency - that's way different than turnovers....;)
Can't really measure to be honest, momentum killer , handball to kicking ratio , too many factor to consider , IMO Holman and Young have enough chance to show what they are capable of in 12 AFL games they have played this season ,time to go back to NEAFL and improve their skills.

If Barlow and Lyons B grade play in NeAfl can't see why C+ grade Holman and Young Not .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back