Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little message from the guys to Virgin Australia - can we talk about Evans’s isolation beard though? 🔥🔥

ive already had a whinge about a very wealthy company taking the piss and refusing to pay my battler FIL money and this is another example.
Virgin are 90% owned by very wealthy entities and they also are looking to find a way to make Govt (that is us) to take care of their responsibilities even though they have the $$$$.
This pandemic is a great exposure of character.

I haven't really been following it, but it seems that a number of 'hubs' have been suggested.
Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast.

Would love for us to be one of them.

I haven't really been following it, but it seems that a number of 'hubs' have been suggested.
Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast.

Would love for us to be one of them.
On our board, there’s a strong suggestion that there’ll only be two hubs. Melbourne and Gold Coast.

I wonder if there would be any capacity for us to get some school visits for Dustin Martin or Lance Franklin or one of the absolute superstars of the league.
Whilst im sure the kids love seeing David Swallow and Jarrod Witts - to have some legends of the game visiting schools partnered with a Suns player would be pretty awesome.

Whilst I want every kid on the coast supporting the Suns, the more that choose to take up football, the better.

This obviously pending safety assessments.

I wonder if there would be any capacity for us to get some school visits for Dustin Martin or Lance Franklin or one of the absolute superstars of the league.
Whilst im sure the kids love seeing David Swallow and Jarrod Witts - to have some legends of the game visiting schools partnered with a Suns player would be pretty awesome.

Whilst I want every kid on the coast supporting the Suns, the more that choose to take up football, the better.

This obviously pending safety assessments.
I very much doubt it, with the safety policies the AFL will have in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player that’s doesn’t want to go to a hub and do their job should be made take unpaid leave
Exactly. you are paid to do your job. aka play, and if you don't want to.. then why pay you for something you are not doing.

It's turning into a joke. Looking at new cases numbers approaching zero in SA, QLD, WA, NT - I don't see why teams could not travel by chartered planes, stayed at dedicated hotels, play 2-3 games at one place then return back to home base to train while isolated, tested regularly. Yes, they need some exemptions from governments early but why not. Not sure the hub is a safer option.

Last edited:
It's turning into a joke. Looking at new cases numbers approaching zero in SA, QLD, WA, NT - I don't see why teams could not travel by chartered planes, stayed at dedicated hotels, play 2-3 games at one place then return back to home base to train while isolated, tested regularly. Yes, they need some exceptions from governments early but why not. Not sure the hub is a safer option.
My sister has been driving through the borders of QLD. SA fine with a work exception since she travels around the country to deliver goods. I don't see why the AFL can't get excemption also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back