Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

As frustrating as it was with the lack of plan from dimma to stop the Lions, I did enjoy the fact that he threw the magnets around mid game. So many times dew would roll out with the same line-up when it clearly wasn't working was hard to watch. You can see that dimma wants to try a few different things before working out what is his best line-up.

A message from the coach:

The game is relatively simple, if you get a front half game and we get it played the way we want it to be played it’s okay. Unfortunately we didn’t get the front half game today so we had to move the footy from the back half which we definitely didn’t do well at all.

Footy is an arm wrestle, we made adjustments to counter their movement but from changing how we wanted to play behind the ball, meant we couldn’t get our offensive game going.

The reality of where we’re at is there’s going to be ups and downs and we’re under no illusion to that. Brisbane have had a shaky start but they’re a quality club who played in a Grand Final last year - we know there’s a gap between us and those top sides so it’s about taking lessons from these losses.

It was a tough night no doubt about it SUNS fans but we move forward and look to bounce back against the Roos ☀️

- Dimma

Absolutely horrible from a lot of peoples favourite player.
Not to defend his actions in any way, but clearly a lot of those players were very frustrated with their performance.

It looks like Wil also self reported this incident as well.

Hopefully this puts a full stop on players using abusive language on the field.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Wil is a lovely kid, he’s made a mistake in a time where virtue signalling rules over common sense, he would have received less penalty and retribution if he elbowed the guy in the head.
AFL inconsistency is frustrating. Compare with Clarko, Finlayson. Next player will get 7 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wil is a lovely kid, he’s made a mistake in a time where virtue signalling rules over common sense, he would have received less penalty and retribution if he elbowed the guy in the head.
By no means condoning and has no place in the game or society, but I imagine it would've made the ruling a hell of a lot easier by the fact Wil's a sun. Maybe that's my bias idk

Good luck to the next player using a slur, career over

Really 5 weeks for one word
Rightly or wrongly, he's clearly being made an example of by the AFL. The Finlayson suspension was handed down less than a month ago and I think the length of time between incidents would have motivated the AFL to come down harder on Wil. They want this kind of behaviour completely eradicated from the game and they'll probably come down even harder on the next player that does it.

It was just a really dumb decision from Wil to go there. Do the crime, do the time.

Rightly or wrongly, he's clearly being made an example of by the AFL. The Finlayson suspension was handed down less than a month ago and I think the length of time between incidents would have motivated the AFL to come down harder on Wil. They want this kind of behaviour completely eradicated from the game and they'll probably come down even harder on the next player that does it.

It was just a really dumb decision from Wil to go there. Do the crime, do the time.

Maybe they should employ this wisdom to head high hits as well. Might finally crack down on concussions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree it's dumb, stupid and all that but my point is the time doesn't fit the crime.
And can someone explain to me how it's a 'homophobic slur' when the player it's directed towards is not offendered by the comment on the basis of his sexuality.
If the player is gay 3 weeks plus no problem.
I'm assuming he isn't so how is the comment homophobic?

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree it's dumb, stupid and all that but my point is the time doesn't fit the crime.
And can someone explain to me how it's a 'homophobic slur' when the player it's directed towards is not offendered by the comment on the basis of his sexuality.
If the player is gay 3 weeks plus no problem.
I'm assuming he isn't so how is the comment homophobic?

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not sure what word was used. I'm assuming it was the f word, like Finlayson. The word has historically been used to denigrate gay people and its use is problematic as it infers that there is something wrong with being gay. It doesn't really matter what the sexuality of the person it is addressed to. It would be like calling a white person the n word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back