Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was SUNS that posted last week that he was happy here and I piggybacked off it that he would re-sign soon. Had been feed from a fairly good source that he was just trying to get a foothold in the team before re-signing. Great news as the kid will be a great played for us

Kane Cornes questions if we're coaching our young guns hard enough
I think the answer is no and I've noted this at various times over the journey that we seem scared of offending or upsetting our stars in case they throw a hissy and ask for a transfer back to bum* nowhere or wherever they came from
Glad someone's starting to question Dew's coaching though
He definitely has favourites which I absolutely hate in sport
Cornes questions coaching

Kane Cornes questions if we're coaching our young guns hard enough
I think the answer is no and I've noted this at various times over the journey that we seem scared of offending or upsetting our stars in case they throw a hissy and ask for a transfer back to bumfu** nowhere or wherever they came from
Glad someone's starting to question Dew's coaching though
He definitely has favourites which I absolutely hate in sport
Cornes questions coaching

So true, Collins would of ripped his head off

SEN, 3AW, Footy show, Herald Sun etc all starting to put us under the spotlight, and some heat on Dew.
Game style, intensity levels and massive gap between our best/worst efforts from week to week all getting highlighted.
This will test the club because the Victorian vultures will start circling too.
Some of the kids look incredibly frustrated.

SEN, 3AW, Footy show, Herald Sun etc all starting to put us under the spotlight, and some heat on Dew.
Game style, intensity levels and massive gap between our best/worst efforts from week to week all getting highlighted.
This will test the club because the Victorian vultures will start circling too.
Some of the kids look incredibly frustrated.
The thing is it isn't up to us to change the fortunes... the players at the end of the day are the only ones that can change it. When I hear the media saying the players will leave if we don't start winning, I do get frustrated because as I said, the players are the only ones that can make us win! The coaches do coach but ultimately they are not out on the field come game day.

I look at the positives because we cannot dwell on the negatives. A trip to Perth and Optus Stadium is always a challenge no matter who the opposition has in the team. Losing Sam Collins late did hurt us most likely in our defence preparations but again I go to our goal kicking. If we did kick a couple of those easy goals, we would have gained we had a sniff and we could be looking at a totally different result. The match wasn't as horrible for us as some people are saying. There is no need for us to spit the dummy.

We have seen great efforts from the boys i.e. Collingwood, Sydney, Hawthorn wins but then have also seen some shocking losses to Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and now Fremantle. This truly does resemble a young team though. Young teams have inconsistency and that is the trend of our team.

I am backing in the coaching staff, players and the club as a whole to return serve so to speak in the way of performing competitively against Port Adelaide on Saturday. Am I expecting us to win? No but I do expect us to have a fire in the belly and at least challenge Port.

As for Dew, the heat could create a fire for us to charge and perform stronger. Knowing he is under a tad of pressure, it might make him be on the edge of his seat and spark a change knowing he could lose the job if nothing improves. The honeymoon period may well be over and results need to start to happen. I think next year is the year though. We need to challenge for Finals. If we don't unfortunately his head might be on the chopping block.

North Melbourne in two weeks time will be a massive game. On paper we should win however North are improving and they do play well down in Tasmania- just look at their win vs Hawthorn and a strong performance yesterday vs Western Sydney.

Anyway, that is my take.

I think pressure on the coach is probably a good thing in the end. It's a fairly regular occurrence, that some of the better coaches go through some intense speculation prior to reaching their own potential as a leader.

Bomber Thompson, Hardwick, Hinkley (always under some sort of pressure with port fans), and Goodwin this year. Even Clarkson had some discontent bubbling up in 2010.

A good coach might benefit from being tested, and those that fall away just fall away. Happy to see Dew go through it and see if he holds up. There'll be a number of metrics to look at come seasons end and he'd know it.

I think pressure on the coach is probably a good thing in the end. It's a fairly regular occurrence, that some of the better coaches go through some intense speculation prior to reaching their own potential as a leader.

Bomber Thompson, Hardwick, Hinkley (always under some sort of pressure with port fans), and Goodwin this year. Even Clarkson had some discontent bubbling up in 2010.

A good coach might benefit from being tested, and those that fall away just fall away. Happy to see Dew go through it and see if he holds up. There'll be a number of metrics to look at come seasons end and he'd know it.
Hardwick is the best example. Was under pressure then the club backed him and now look at Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got no idea whether any of this is true or not.

But I take the view that I don't believe anything I read or view in the media.........and I only believe half of what I actually see....

Everybody has an agenda...and the media will do whatever suits their purpose....

Take that any way that you will....

I've got no idea whether any of this is true or not.

But I take the view that I don't believe anything I read or view in the media.........and I only believe half of what I actually see....

Everybody has an agenda...and the media will do whatever suits their purpose....

Take that any way that you will....
Yeah -- the media -- the same media that said Bucks lost his players, and going by the pies game, it was anything but. So yeah, I'd take what the media says with a grain of salt. Unless you can prove it.

All Caro said was that Francou is leaving due to family reasons and that Dew is annoyed in the way it was announced.
I don’t really see a story here at all.
Having said that, I love it when our club cops some negative press like this because our lads are clearly too comfortable.

All Caro said was that Francou is leaving due to family reasons and that Dew is annoyed in the way it was announced.
I don’t really see a story here at all.
Having said that, I love it when our club cops some negative press like this because our lads are clearly too comfortable.
She said they had it out in a heated exchange 3 weeks ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back