XBX1 Sunset Overdrive

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did the roller coaster mission on the main story (don't think that needs spoiler tags, apologies if anyone disagrees) and man was that fun :oops:

Had the Master Chief collection in my hands today and I put it back on the shelf cause I'll probably keep playing this anyway. Halo can wait ;)

Finally got this game, god it's awesome... Customisation is great too, although already finding myself wanting more options (although only a few hours in so I guess more opens up)

lol what the? Free to play for 24 hours.

Can't see people who spent money on the game being to happy.

Why only 24 hrs? Not a bad idea if ppl like it they will buy it.

Doesn't bother me that I bought it

I finally started it on the weekend. Only played a few hours but I love it so far.

"Together we will take Fizzco down. Or.... we won't. But we will get some wicked respawn animations."

Ahaha, this game is class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the main story.

Haha what a brilliant end to a great game. Just knew it wasn't the end when I "died" and the credits started rolling, knew there'd be some sort of twist. Loved fizzies ramblings in the last boss battle. "You actually think I have a power core? What! I have a power core?! Why did I not know this? Everybody knows the only reason you have a power core is so that someone can destroy the power core!"

Kudos Insomniac. Hope there's alot more where this came from.

DLC is out. Don't often do DLC's but I think I might give it a whirl.

Anyone got it yet?

For me this is like Bulletstorm, which was the most criminally underrated game of last gen.

It's a very well designed and deep game with lots of different systems all working well but prefers to masquerade as a big, dumb game.

Movement in the game is perfectly designed. It takes some skill to get around, but is not hard enough that momentum is ruined. The combat is just ******* fun and the humour is spot on.

It will be very depressing to ever go back to a military shooter after this.

For me this is like Bulletstorm, which was the most criminally underrated game of last gen.

It's a very well designed and deep game with lots of different systems all working well but prefers to masquerade as a big, dumb game.

Movement in the game is perfectly designed. It takes some skill to get around, but is not hard enough that momentum is ruined. The combat is just ******* fun and the humour is spot on.

It will be very depressing to ever go back to a military shooter after this.
I find the humour is a bit try hard at times. I need to go back and finish this.

This game is the s**t. It's not great graphically; the textures ate rubbish. But like Borderlands it has its own style and this compensates for low quality.

What it does do amazingly well is throw heaps of enemies at you without any hint of slow down. Ive had probably 60 enemies on screen and the framerate has never suffered at all. Look at some of the screenies below.

unKAErm.png

This is what my screen looked like after I took out a shitload at once. The framerate chugged along perfectly.

wQGk6Ef.png

And this is a before and after I used my weapon.

mpSYSGS.png

ykTKWMi.png

Still think this is close to if not the best game of the generation. It's just bloody fun.
Yeah, from just a pure fun factor I'd have to agree.
It's also a really well made game on the whole, rarely do I finish all the side quests in a game, in this one I was actually left wanting more.
The guns are diverse and fun to use, getting around the map is enjoyable, the humour is mostly very good and the bright world is so fresh.

Geez haven't played many games this gen obviously.
I have. I think the only major ones I haven't given a bash are Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. I just rate games on a different scale than other people do. If I spend more time looking at the screen (Sunset Overdrive) than I do out the window (Dragon Age) I consider it a better game.

This gen seriously lacks some Bethesda.... that would change my viewpoint.

I have. I think the only major ones I haven't given a bash are Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. I just rate games on a different scale than other people do. If I spend more time looking at the screen (Sunset Overdrive) than I do out the window (Dragon Age) I consider it a better game.

This gen seriously lacks some Bethesda.... that would change my viewpoint.
Played Bloodborne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back