News SuperCoach 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecrae and kennedy from weagles are no brainers.
guthrie from cats might get more mid time still only 200 odd k.
Billy longer might be alright 2nd ruck with another pre season under his belt.
L'berger also from lions.
broughton could/should be fwd/back (they handy).
rockwizz fwd/mid..?
young gundy looks like a good young ruck should go hight draft pick.
O'mera should get heaps of games at the suns.
Theres quiet a few good draft picks didnt play much this year aswell.

Few negs lids/sidey/beams/danger prob will be pure mids.

Atley intrest me if names D/M.

Cotchin, Murphy, Gaff as premiums in the mids.

Omeara & Crouch bargins.

Rucks will be much harder given no new teams, McEvoy looks good as a premium.

Don't get why they don't just give every club one weekend off for a mid season break and that's it. Equal time off.

The broadcasters and their advertising dollars. If they put on two sets of four/five non-overlapping games, that optimizes the advertising that can be shown. However they could do that in a normal split round. I don't get why they need three rounds of 2/3rds a normal round.

Don't get why they don't just give every club one weekend off for a mid season break and that's it. Equal time off.

The broadcasters and their advertising dollars. If they put on two sets of four/five non-overlapping games, that optimizes the advertising that can be shown. However they could do that in a normal split round. I don't get why they need three rounds of 2/3rds a normal round.

in the main, this years split rounds involved one game at a time, rather than for example the busy saturday schedule of competing games. fox get their full quota of games covering all normal times (as per agreement).
it would be nice for us FTA watchers to get a better quota on these weeks.

So true. Very sad when you basically have 0 say in your own fixture because of TV.

But as you say one split round is the same crap. It will actually give them more games to broadcast instead of 3 weeks of less.

Heres another thought. No byes or split round at all! Byes are usually for odd numbered leagues.

Heres another thought. No byes or split round at all! Byes are usually for odd numbered leagues.

Given the players themselves were requesting the bye as well as the additional bye, I can't really begrudge them for a week or two off midseason. I just think the AFL could handle the fixturing of it better (in favour of one or two split rounds personally).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the players themselves were requesting the bye as well as the additional bye, I can't really begrudge them for a week or two off midseason. I just think the AFL could handle the fixturing of it better (in favour of one or two split rounds personally).

I think the players need to toughen up. They play 22 matches that are divided into 4 quarters. It really should be up to the clubs to work around the rules for conditioning and not the AFL give rest weeks. Either way a split round could make everyone happy.

My 2013 blacklist -

Malceski (past it)
Broughton (spud coach)
Barlow (just can't get the big 100's)
Goodes (doesn't get big scores now due to being stuck at full forward all the time)
Dempsey (up and down like a yo yo)
Mumford (too injury prone)
McIntosh (ditto)

Pretty much a quarter of my supercoach team I wont be touching next year. FMscL! :eek::thumbsdown:

I think the players need to toughen up. They play 22 matches that are divided into 4 quarters. It really should be up to the clubs to work around the rules for conditioning and not the AFL give rest weeks. Either way a split round could make everyone happy.

This 100%, absolute bunch of sooks. Half of the league players pull them selves up in a couple of days after National or Origin duty and you dont hear a whisper out of them.

A spoon full of concrete would go down a treat for alot of AFL players, might help them harden up a bit.

My 2013 blacklist -

Malceski (past it)
Broughton (spud coach)
Barlow (just can't get the big 100's)
Goodes (doesn't get big scores now due to being stuck at full forward all the time)
Dempsey (up and down like a yo yo)
Mumford (too injury prone)
McIntosh (ditto)

Pretty much a quarter of my supercoach team I wont be touching next year. FMscL! :eek::thumbsdown:

Haven't given up on Mummy yet. If he can just take it easy this year and try and put a full pre season in, he will be at a price to good to ignore. Not gonna argue too much for the rest of the list, could argue a little for Goodes, but considering he is in his twilight, it's doubtful you'll be proven wrong there.

Also have a feeling that we might have seen the last of Newman and Fisher. Neither seem to be able to replicate past seasons and have been relegated to more defensive roles.

This is my a sample team of mid-priced improvers I am considering for 2012. With a bit of tweaking I managed to get a full team for next week under 10 million:

shot_6082012_61355_am.jpg

Of course, there are still some GWS rookies who I haven't got a game, plus another draft.

really hoping docherty from brisbane doesnt play or doesnt score to much if he does play

could be a really good 6th or 7th back next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back