News SuperCoach 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does everyone see Darling? Up and down all year, but has the potential to be a 90+ averager IMO if he develops some consistency...
Combine Sam reid and Lewis Jetta and Darling's STILL a better bet

Combine Sam reid and Lewis Jetta and Darling's STILL a better bet

lol. J.Riewoldt won the Coleman and he only averaged 90 and was wildly inconsistent as well. Once Reid starts fufillinng his potential, thats about the same sort of scores he is going to get IMO. Lewis Jetta will probably end up like Stephen Hill, perhaps. Can potentially carve up teams if you leave him free, but under a tag is anonymous for the most part.

Both Reid and Jetta will never be good SC choices i reckon.

Yeah Reid will be a great player, but he'll never get the big averages you were probably after, he's more of a stay at home forward. The only types of forwards with that sort of build that do well are the ones used as a link up between between midfield and forward like a N.Riewoldt or a B.Hall in the years gone by. Jetta had a break out year performance wise. As you can see, only a couple of scores over 100. He'll never make it as a SC'er :p

could squibbs finnaly become a 120+ average player?

could next year be tomahawks brown like breakout year??

SO many good cheap players next year morabito,docherty,mitchell and many more :D:D:D:D

I thought about Bock, but it seems like players with bad leg breaks like those typically take a lot longer to recover from i think, Barlow struggled for a long time. Should be nicely priced next year, but a big risk perhaps, i might jump on if he has a good pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guys to look for imo, are Dustin Martin as m/f, Dale Thomas as m/f, Zaharakis as m/f, Stevie J as m/f, Gibbs d, Yarran d.

Locked in starting mids at this ridiculously early point, Ablett, Pendles, Kennedy, Selwood.

Luke Ball would be an ok choice if he was 350k, but even then I would probably steer clear.

Will be interesting to see if any of Fyfe, Dangerfield, Beams, Sidebottom get to keep their m/f positioning. If any of them do then they should be locks too.

I am going for a very basic defence next year, putting in guys like Howard/Conca/Yarran in my team. Guys who are likely to average 70-80 but are good for a game every week. There are just too many poor scoring defenders these days with the way the game is played, its not worth overspending on guys like Waters/Scotland/Suckling. Probably Birchall and Goddard the only two you would confidently say have a good chance of hitting a 100 average. Shaw and Enright pretty reliable but don't look to be going up in averages.

I am going for a very basic defence next year, putting in guys like Howard/Conca/Yarran in my team. Guys who are likely to average 70-80 but are good for a game every week. There are just too many poor scoring defenders these days with the way the game is played, its not worth overspending on guys like Waters/Scotland/Suckling. Probably Birchall and Goddard the only two you would confidently say have a good chance of hitting a 100 average. Shaw and Enright pretty reliable but don't look to be going up in averages.

Not a bad idea that one. :thumbsu:

Some Carlton players like Yarran (and Gibbs) may be worth watching closely over the pre-season. New coach might put a different role on a few of the players leading to a very tidy increase in average.

Get on Joe daniher for next season. he will be cheap and will certainly play (prospected as top 3 draft pick if it weren't for father son) also luke ball

Get on Joe daniher for next season. he will be cheap and will certainly play (prospected as top 3 draft pick if it weren't for father son) also luke ball
Ball might be tempting, but the problem will be that he won't score enough to be a midfield keeper, and he probably won't make enough cash to be a decent cash cow. I guess he could sit in your midfield all year and perhaps end up as your M7, but I think I'll be going for purely guns 'n' rookies in the midfield. :thumbsu:

What gives you the impression Joe Daniher will be cheap - he'll be the same as Patton this year - $170K + which in my boat ='s an expensive rookie, can find the same value for $100K and spend the $70K elsewhere and thus securing an ultra premium

I doubt he'd be 170k. Number 1 picks start at that and they get a bit cheaper until they start leveling out at 110k or so. I'm not sure how far back down the draft it goes until they all start costing 110k or 103k, might be at the start of Round 2? Bombers are going to get Daniher on the cheap though in the 1st round, i reckon he might be in the 130-140k range?

I doubt he'd be 170k. Number 1 picks start at that and they get a bit cheaper until they start leveling out at 110k or so. I'm not sure how far back down the draft it goes until they all start costing 110k or 103k, might be at the start of Round 2? Bombers are going to get Daniher on the cheap though in the 1st round, i reckon he might be in the 130-140k range?

Round​
Pick​
Player​
Price​
League​
Drafted to​
1 1 Jonathon Patton
$196,600
TAC Cup Greater Western Sydney
1 2 Stephen Coniglio
$191,600
WAFL Greater Western Sydney
1 3 Dom Tyson
$186,600
1 4 Will Hoskin-Elliott
$181,600
1 5 Matt Buntine
$176,600
1 6 Chad Wingard
$171,600
SANFL Port Adelaide
1 7 Nick Haynes
$166,600
1 8 Billy Longer
$161,600
TAC Cup Brisbane Lions
1 9 Adam Tomlinson
$156,600
1 10 Liam Sumner TAC Cup Greater Western Sydney
1 11 Toby Greene TAC Cup Greater Western Sydney
1 12 Sam Docherty TAC Cup Brisbane Lions
1 13 Taylor Adams
$136,600
1 14 Devon Smith
$131,600
1 15 Brandon Ellis TAC Cup Richmond
1 16 Tom Sheridan TAC Cup Fremantle
1 17 Clay Smith
$116,600
TAC Cup Western Bulldogs
1 18 Brad McKenzie
$111,600
SANFL North Melbourne
1 19 Elliot Kavanagh
$106,600
TAC Cup Essendon

There is a clear pattern of a $5000 drop for each pick. The year before Swallow started @
$188600 but prices were scaled down to allow the extra bench.

The year before Scully started @ $179,200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back