Analysis Swans players SC/DT/Fantasy questions (Opposition posters welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of LLoyd's 128 SC do you think would reduce if Hanners played out the game? and do you see him being 100+? Smashed some of the nab and first game!

How much of LLoyd's 128 SC do you think would reduce if Hanners played out the game? and do you see him being 100+? Smashed some of the nab and first game!

Lloyd got most of his touches in the first half while Hanners was playing. So very little I would think.

100+ is a bit high of an expectation. Would say around 90+ would be more realistic from what we have seen right now.

Last edited:

Both Papley and Hewett are in my team and named on the 7-man bench. Are they expected to start?
You'd think so after last week. Longmire basically said all 3 (Mills too) would be in, so more likely than not.

Well, his contract is up at the end of the year, but on exposed form you'd think we'd offer him another, and if not, i suspect another club would pick him up for a couple. So he's probably safe for at least 3 years or so?

Well, his contract is up at the end of the year, but on exposed form you'd think we'd offer him another, and if not, i suspect another club would pick him up for a couple. So he's probably safe for at least 3 years or so?
I think by job security he means how long will he be in our Best 22 :p

hey fellas, how much do you rate Hewett's job security?
And in the "not taking the piss" version. He's probably competing for a spot with Robinson, Cunningham and Towers. One of them will likely go when McVeigh comes back, so he has to keep playing well. If he does, he might hold his spot, but if not, he might fall behind one of them. It's hard to tell when he's only played one game.

hey fellas, how much do you rate Hewett's job security?

I think good.

Macca will come back into the squad next week probably and he or Robinson is the logical out. That said he showed enough to retain his place against other players that are not our co-captain who to be fair a very good hardened campaigner. Hewett also doesn't point very much. Not sure about Robbo.

Personally I would love to see him stay in as he looks the goods and realistically Mills will stay back and Papley has just awoken Horse to this wonderful invention called the small forward; a hitherto unknown position in Swans team makeups.

Papley was initially playing as a half back flanker, got lost and ended up in the forward 50 and sort of hung around there because Buddy is a pretty cool guy to have a chat with. It sort of stuck from there and won't change. For all I know Papley probably is still Horses preferred HBF and he just wanders off the reservation for 90% of the game and Horse is too busy eating snakes and jelly babies to notice. Farmville also takes up an inordinate amount of time in the box as well. Those crops just don't harvest themselves.

Undoubtedly we will get injuries on the way though and Hewett will play a lot of seniors though on the form of that first hitout though. Harry,Towers and Lloyd in particular did nothing to suggest they should go and the rest of the mids were purring along like it was 2012 all over again.

Last in first out is the only reason I can see him being "dropped" but Robbo is close enough to that anyway and I think he has the inside game and outside running to stay along with his good disposal.

And in the "not taking the piss" version. He's probably competing for a spot with Robinson, Cunningham and Towers. One of them will likely go when McVeigh comes back, so he has to keep playing well. If he does, he might hold his spot, but if not, he might fall behind one of them. It's hard to tell when he's only played one game.
sweet cheers. I've gotta bring him in to my AF side, scored too damn good last week. hopefully he can back up last week's efforts.

I'd say good luck this week but something tells me you ain't gonna need 'luck' :thumbsu:

sweet cheers. I've gotta bring him in to my AF side, scored too damn good last week. hopefully he can back up last week's efforts.

I'd say good luck this week but something tells me you ain't gonna need 'luck' :thumbsu:
No worries. Pretending i'm a mod for a second, future questions like this should probably go in the DT/SC question thread :)

Derickx will be in for Franklin sharing ruck with Sinclair, releasing Tippett to permanent forward. Why else would they even bother naming him ?
Not sure if you're just joking but Derickx is named because if Tippett or Sinclair go down prior to the game it would completely mess up our structures and gameplan of having a rotating ruck combo. If Teddy doesn't come good they'd probably just add Rose and go smaller in defence which is not a big deal against Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think good.

Macca will come back into the squad next week probably and he or Robinson is the logical out. That said he showed enough to retain his place against other players that are not our co-captain who to be fair a very good hardened campaigner. Hewett also doesn't point very much. Not sure about Robbo.

Personally I would love to see him stay in as he looks the goods and realistically Mills will stay back and Papley has just awoken Horse to this wonderful invention called the small forward; a hitherto unknown position in Swans team makeups.

Papley was initially playing as a half back flanker, got lost and ended up in the forward 50 and sort of hung around there because Buddy is a pretty cool guy to have a chat with. It sort of stuck from there and won't change. For all I know Papley probably is still Horses preferred HBF and he just wanders off the reservation for 90% of the game and Horse is too busy eating snakes and jelly babies to notice. Farmville also takes up an inordinate amount of time in the box as well. Those crops just don't harvest themselves.

Undoubtedly we will get injuries on the way though and Hewett will play a lot of seniors though on the form of that first hitout though. Harry,Towers and Lloyd in particular did nothing to suggest they should go and the rest of the mids were purring along like it was 2012 all over again.

Last in first out is the only reason I can see him being "dropped" but Robbo is close enough to that anyway and I think he has the inside game and outside running to stay along with his good disposal.
thanks for that mate! hope Robbo is the one who gets the chop :p

No worries. Pretending i'm a mod for a second, future questions like this should probably go in the DT/SC question thread :)
yeah I know, thought it'd be better if I came straight here cos you guys would have a better idea. I try not to ask for help too much, go with the gut as they say. plenty to go with :thumbsu:

I think good.

hahahaha so true....

Hey guys, I'm really interesting in picking up Kurt Tippett in Fantasy. He scored very well in the back half last year, and has started the year off very well as well. Do you guys think that he can keep this kind of output up or is he perhaps fools gold? Also, I was wondering if he'll keep getting those hitouts like he has been doing, or if they might diminish if Sinclair becomes the number 1 ruck? Is there any chance of this happening? Cheers guys

Hi All,

Currently tossing up between Heeney and de goey.

Any advice on what you think Heeney may average?

Hi All,

Currently tossing up between Heeney and de goey.

Any advice on what you think Heeney may average?

Wouldnt go near him at that price just yet. Wait til he gets some more game time and gets pushed into the midfield. Can see him staying forward and avg 70-75 for the next few weeks. Then jump on

Hey guys, I'm really interesting in picking up Kurt Tippett in Fantasy. He scored very well in the back half last year, and has started the year off very well as well. Do you guys think that he can keep this kind of output up or is he perhaps fools gold? Also, I was wondering if he'll keep getting those hitouts like he has been doing, or if they might diminish if Sinclair becomes the number 1 ruck? Is there any chance of this happening? Cheers guys

Ive brought him in for Barlow this week. Sideways trade perhaps but Lyon is killing us playing him forward too much

Wouldnt go near him at that price just yet. Wait til he gets some more game time and gets pushed into the midfield. Can see him staying forward and avg 70-75 for the next few weeks. Then jump on
Cheers mate,

It's for DT elite so price not a concern.

De goey the better instant payoff. But Heeney will be better once in the mid. Tough choice really
I could keep Heeney, trade out Bennell and still draft de goey. Just think that whenever Bennell gets back he will be a high scorer for a forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back