Game Day Swans v Port, Rd 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good effort, but those basic skill errors. There's always heaps of errors in games but s**t we cough up too many easy goals from unpressured ones.
Florent was very good, looks impressive when when weaving through players and carrying, but kicking very sloppy. Needs to tidy up that part of his game (like most of his teammates).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a bit slow with or decision making at times and that extras half a second costs us.... this will improve over time of course ... the set shot misses are the most costly...

Rozee fat to good for Mills

Difference between real top draft picks
Yep, I've said it many times before. The anti Academy noise from down south basically made these guys jump up 8 to 15 spots in the draft. Mills & Heeney are no better than a pick 6-12., What makes a draftee a to 5 pick or better? Brilliant disposal!
Our boys don't have that. I have Florent ahead of Mills as a draft pick but he can't nail his disposals either but that's our lot I guess.
I'm glad Jones tore that quarter apart.

Lloyd doesn't damage in the position he is in...well he causes some damage by gifting the opposition goals. Try him on the wing and see what happens his chip kicks might have better value hitting a target on the inside of the 50 as he literally sets up nothing out of defense. He received the handball chips to Rampe who is covered and 9 meters out. Just not a damaging enough player for the backline for me. He is best 22 but not used well IMO

It is odd to read here then check the score

Thought we were getting flogged

Rampe and co hiding our midfield deficiencies as usual. Forward line has no structure and is entirely opputunistic but can't convert basic shots.

Rozee fat to good for Mills

Difference between real top draft picks
Different type is player... but also talks to the different opportunities they have been given...... playing mid forward v playing back.

Plenty of positives still:

- Heeney is getting into the right spots, just needs to finish better. Let him train as a forward all pre-season and master his craft because he’s got all it takes.

- Florent gun. We look a whole different team with him and Jones both getting involved.

- Rowbottom !!

- Clarke again not starring but not done a lot wrong either.

Menzel, interesting what they do with him next year. Seems like a cream on top player for a top 6 side, not sure about a developing one. Guessing he might be left hanging until the end of trade week, when we can see where our list is at, before making a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back