TheWhiteRhino

Premiership Player
Apr 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney
Should be a great contest this week. The key for us is shutting down the midfield.

Some possibe line ups:

Kirk - Simpson
Bolton - Grant
Crouch - Harvey
Matthews - Jones
Maxfield - Stevens
Hall - Watt

I'd also like to see:

Colbert - O'Loughlin
Schnieder - Wells
Firrito - Davis

Should be a great game, can't wait!
Go swans!!

Midfield will be key, and unfortunately I think the 'Roos have the edge there. Both sides have better man-on-man forward lines than their opposition backlines, although the Swans will suffer from missing Davis and Magic. The height and scouting ability in the 'Roos forward line, plus the potential to have the ball going inside 50 a lot, may put the Swans' defence under too much pressure.

If we win it will be a great effort, however after looking through both sides I now think the 'Roos might win due to the influence of their midfield.

I was worried about this game because North are a very underated team. But that was easily Sydney's best performance of the year so far. What stood out was how hard they were at the ball, apart from the first 15 minutes. It's not often that a team is harder at the ball than North.

Jude Bolton didn't figure in Dermott Brereton's votes but I thought he was one of the best on ground. Mathews and Barry Hall (who both did get votes from Dermie) were also great. Brilliant goal from Goodsey!

Hows this for bad luck... I watched the first 15mins of the game, when the lead got to 25, i went to uni to see them play in the SFL, taking the radio with me. I was kicking myself through the whole game as the swans kicked goal after goal.

Originally posted by Sid
Hows this for bad luck... I watched the first 15mins of the game, when the lead got to 25, i went to uni to see them play in the SFL, taking the radio with me. I was kicking myself through the whole game as the swans kicked goal after goal.
I think you should do that every week! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back