Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA praccie : Roys v Fighting Furies, 8:39pm AEDST Sunday, Old Exhibition Building Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

You are currently reading the training thread.

The match thread is here

training drill :
Name a Fitzroy incident that happened to you, out of town or well away from any match. For example, maybe you ran into a Fitzroy player, or saw some reference to the Roys.

My example is when in Warrnambool in late 2003. Was just waiting at traffic lights when two kids asked me for the time, and then one asked whether I was a Fitzroy fan. As I couldn't work out how he guessed this, I asked him. Apparently he used to see me at matches all the time, and still recognised me seven years later! He was probably about 16 when I ran into him so I guess he was 9ish or so ... it just amazed me how he could spot me like that.

(In case that sounds like a pathetic example, we went to Castlemaine once and I saw a framed pic of Tommy K's mark in the Cri Hotel)

After struggling to come up with something, I was watching the Masters Golf telecast and in a discussion about James Nitties it was mentioned he was born in Fitzroy.:D

I once ran into Richard "Tricky Dicky" Osborne at the Depot (Hotel in Richmond), luckily he was not hurt...but he bought me a beer :D

Jake

This was the team from the last match (which we lost by about 100 points :footy:)

Code:
[FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Sienna"]                  Mr Ripper                           |
     Carn The Roys!          Roy FitzLion             |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Reardo         Mobbenfuhrer           Spazzallo      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Slax            FattyLumpkin             Stocka      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Kooka          JakethePeg   don vito of fitzroy      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
     The Lions Den          wonaeamirri33            \|/
                Bobby Beecroft                        V

Foll: Fat Pizza, dannitori, royboy2 

Int:PaulD, Roylion 

Emerg: caveman, Wild Kangaroo, flea29, junction oval[/COLOR][/FONT]

Am about to shoot out the PM assault ... will see who wants a match :)

In my travels I ran into the daughter of an old 50s lions player Frank Gervasoni earlier this year in Tasmania.

She told me that she did not have much memorabilia of her late dad and could not find much anywhere....and had been trying to find stuff for years.

Other than talking about her dad we talked and talked about the Roys!!

I told her that I had a footy card of her dad and would be extremely happy to send it her family.

I did...............and got the warm fuzzies. They were over the moon!!

Played against Gerry Noonan in the SA Ammos one day. Managed to stand him for a 1/4 & tried to talk "Fitzroy" to him. Got nothing back:(

Brett Stephens and Darren Kappler once taught me swimming lessons. Paul Roos also turned up one day and jumped in the pool fully clothed and made a joke out of watching his hat float away across the pool.

Some classic stories so far.

I saw Shayne Stevenson after a fun run around Albert Park Lake. His girlfriend's wallet fell out of his pocket, so I returned it to him.

I saw Daryl Cox frisking people as part of security for a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Melbourne Showgrounds.

I saw Jason Taylor get kicked out of a newsagent in Burke Rd, Camberwell because he was reading an Inside Football magazine, without purchasing it.

That will do for now.

I'm struggling with this centre possy too. This is my last chance - evidently a "stay at home" centreman is no longer fashionable. Maybe a swapsies with Stocka (or even a stint on the pine). I think "stay at home reserves" are still "in":footy:

Will submit the following shortly if no-one has any qualms :

Code:
[FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Sienna"]
               Carn The Roys!                         |
     Reardo                  Roy FitzLion             |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Mr Ripper      Mobbenfuhrer           Spazzallo      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Slax               Fred            FattyLumpkin      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
 Roylion      Bobby Beecroft don vito of fitzroy      |
                                                      |
                                                      |
   The Lions Den                ItsMyShow            \|/
                  JakethePeg                          V

Foll: Fat Pizza, Stocka, dannitori

Int:wonaeamirri33, PaulD 

Emerg: Kooka, royboys2, caveman, Wild Kangaroo, flea29, junction oval[/COLOR][/FONT]

Will submit the following shortly if no-one has any qualms :

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]              Carn The Roys!                         |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]    Reardo                  Roy FitzLion             |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]                                                     |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]                                                     |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Mr Ripper      Mobbenfuhrer           Spazzallo      |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Slax               Fred            FattyLumpkin      |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Roylion      Bobby Beecroft don vito of fitzroy      |[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]  The Lions Den                ItsMyShow            \|/[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]                 JakethePeg                          V[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Foll: Fat Pizza, Stocka, dannitori[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Int:wonaeamirri33, PaulD [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=sienna]Emerg: Kooka, royboys2, caveman, Wild Kangaroo, flea29, junction oval[/COLOR][/FONT]

I would like to return to my customary position on the wing, as I met Mick Conlon 2 weeks after he sunk Essendon's finals hopes, yet I still shook the man's hand and told him how much I admired him as a footballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may struggle to fit you onto a wing with known wingers Stocka, Slax and FattyLumpkin fighting for those spots ... but I'll definitely keep Wing on your preference list.

But but but... I finished third in the league B&F on the wing.. :(

Lol.. Nah, thats ok, I am happy to play wherever coach.. As long as I get a chance to represent a fine institution such as the Roys... :thumbsu:

well Stocka seems to like on the ball better than wing, and Slax tends to be interchangeable in the same manner ... so I'm sure you'll get plenty of wing time :thumbsu:

Lovely :thumbsu:

"I'm ready to go in Coach, just give me a chance! I know there's a lot riding on it, but it's all psychological... just got to get into a positive frame of mind...." ;)

ace-ventura04.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back