Recommitted Sydney Stack [has re-signed with Richmond]

That's pretty big call considering some of the past bargains.

Chris Grant (pick 105) played 341 games and kicked 554 goals for the Bulldogs.
Brent Harvey (pick 47) played 432 games and kicked 518 goals for North Melbourne.
Ben Brown was past over in three drafts and three rookie drafts before being picked up by North.

They are three I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there are a dozen more.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Brent Harvey (pick 47) played 432 games and kicked 518 goals for North Melbourne.
Ben Brown was past over in three drafts and three rookie drafts before being picked up by North.

They are three I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there are a dozen more.
James Hird - pick 79

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely he’d be worth 400-500k on the open market, and he’s been one of Richmond’s best this year.

I couldn’t imagine Richmond would have the capacity to sign him for more than 300k.

Interesting times ahead.
He'll sign a 2 year deal for $250,000 grand a year because Richmond helped him and everything else gave him the finger.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He’s a better man than you and I if he signs for half what he could be getting elsewhere!

Already looks like one of Richmond’s better players.
I dont believe it will be about the money with stack from what we see and read about him

* Has an unbelievable amount of love and respect for Dimma
* Very appreciative that Richmond gave him a chance
*Loves his team mates and has referred to them as his family now
* Bolton , Rioli , Edwards , Chol , Egg-Smith , Stack are all extremely close and just about spend as much time together as possible away from the club
* Living now with X clarke and loving life

He will be on similar money to players like Higgins , Balta , Garth , Naish , Coleman - Jones and will be elevated to the senior list end of the year
Richmond wont treat him any differently to other kids but he will earn more due to match payments imo

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I dont believe it will be about the money with stack from what we see and read about him

* Has an unbelievable amount of love and respect for Dimma
* Very appreciative that Richmond gave him a chance
*Loves his team mates and has referred to them as his family now
* Bolton , Rioli , Edwards , Chol , Egg-Smith , Stack are all extremely close and just about spend as much time together as possible away from the club
* Living now with X clarke and loving life

He will be on similar money to players like Higgins , Balta , Garth , Naish , Coleman - Jones and will be elevated to the senior list end of the year
Richmond wont treat him any differently to other kids but he will earn more due to match payments imo

Still very tempting to take a much bigger contract. As good as Richmond have been to him, they’d still need to validate what he is worth, which is seemingly spiking on a weekly basis.

He already looks far more advanced that the players you’ve mentioned, and I’d hazard a guess he’d be in the Top 10-15 players at any other club.

Richmond are going to have to manage his contract situation very carefully.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Still very tempting to take a much bigger contract. As good as Richmond have been to him, they’d still need to validate what he is worth, which is seemingly spiking on a weekly basis.

He already looks far more advanced that the players you’ve mentioned, and I’d hazard a guess he’d be in the Top 10-15 players at any other club.

Richmond are going to have to manage his contract situation very carefully.
Maybe offer Kennedy to Richmond in exchange for Sydney stack hehehheee.

Cerra will be better. One plays for one of the best teams in the comp and has the media jizzing over him because vic media, while the other plays for a rebuilding team in Perth that gets zero media attention. When Cerra builds his tank, he'll be a very good midfielder for Freo. Stack is good, but put both up for trade and every club would take Cerra in a heartbeat .
Lol, Freo are a game behind Richmond and have a game in hand, and better percentage. Nice attempt to make it seem as if Stacks playing in a superteam though. Oh, and extra points for the ViC mEdIa bIaS.

Lol, Freo are a game behind Richmond and have a game in hand, and better percentage. Nice attempt to make it seem as if Stacks playing in a superteam though. Oh, and extra points for the ViC mEdIa bIaS.

I know right
If you think Richmond is the best team in the comp right now you are off your rocker And that’s coming from someone who loves the tigers as much as anyone

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Bryon Pickett draft pick #4000, They wouldn't find Sydney Stack and it's Kane Corns, most of his best work is done on the walls of public toilets.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Matt Priddis
Dean Cox
Jeremy McGovern

All rookie picks

Just one of those silly article titles to get a response.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Dean Cox Pick 28 1999 rookie draft, would have good claim to being the best draft bargain ever.
Ashley McIntosh Pick 112
Dean Kemp was a post draft pick, effectively Pick 117 - 243 games, 2 Premierships 1 Norm Smith.
Aaron Sandilands Pick 33 Rookie Draft.

Ridiculous article. Plenty better.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Kids like Setterfield are already getting $400k before they start playing. Someone like Cerra you imagine would be the same, Scrimshaw, Brodie, Ainsworth similar, Walsh probably signed for more. All clubs have now been forced to already pay at least that amount
Every kid drafted in the National Draft is on a set wage and match payments for their first two years.

They can sign an extension that takes effect in their 3rd year, but they are restricted to their rookie contract for their first two years.

I guarantee Sam Walsh is not on $400k at the moment.

So Setterfield was not on $400k in his first two years.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-24/how-much-does-an-afl-draft-pick-earn

Can’t find an article for reference with the CBA figures. Half way down the following article, it has the new CBA figures for current draft picks.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/9281b35a40b458866149fd737a67643f

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Every kid drafted in the National Draft is on a set wage and match payments for their first two years.

They can sign an extension that takes effect in their 3rd year, but they are restricted to their rookie contract for their first two years.

I guarantee Sam Walsh is not on $400k at the moment.

So Setterfield was not on $400k in his first two years.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-24/how-much-does-an-afl-draft-pick-earn

Can’t find an article for reference with the CBA figures. Half way down the following article, it has the new CBA figures for current draft picks.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/9281b35a40b458866149fd737a67643f
Sorry I was talking about their first contract they can sign. Highly rated kids like Walsh and Setterfield had already signed contracts like that (for their third season plus) as soon as they start playing sometimes before. Stack I see as no different. He could sign a guaranteed $400k contract now that comes into play after his initial rookie contract expires and no one would think twice. Kids now don’t have to prove themselves to get ~$400k extensions, it’s actually becoming the norm and Stack has a lot more runs on the board than most other kids

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
In regards to Cornes comments its interesting to note SS isn't a natural defender but an inside mid. Not fit enough apparently to do it at AFL level yet.

I wonder if Richmond can sort the back line out, will they move him on ball in short bursts. For the 2nd part of the season

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Only a Richmond supporter would argue Stack is better than Walsh.

Im starting to think Tiger supporters must be missing a chromosome or two.....or three!

Stack isnt far off Walsh with the bookies for the rising star. Walsh is sold but a bit vanilla, Stack has shown signs he can be anything down the track. A unique mixture of attributes

There are millions of Tigers fans btw

Back