Ta for Joel Patfull Poort

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted from that rabble only to become a top shelf defender, and tonight beat out Dan Rich, Jack Redden, & Simon Black, amongst others, to claim the 2012 Merrett-Murray medal. Most underrated defender in the comp, and now a well deserved club champion. Who the hell lets a player like that go? (inb4freo)

Meanwhile, how'd Tom Logan & Scott Harding work out for ya's? :D

Go easy Haggis... Tom Logan has played enough games for them they are entitled to his spawn! Could be too early to tell ;)

Says more about Brisbane's B&F than Patfull as a player :oops:

More likely, given we comfortably doubled your win tally, then some, it suggests our defense urinates on Poorts. If only you had a gun back there, rather than that mint pattie wuss.

More likely, given we comfortably doubled your win tally, then some, it suggests our defense urinates on Poorts. If only you had a gun back there, rather than that mint pattie wuss.
So do you think Joel Patfull is your best player? Did he really have a better season than Simon Black? Or Dayne Zorko? Or Pearce Hanley? Or Tom Rockliff?

I could debate for others, but Joel is a worthy winner. He regularly stopped blokes bigger than himself, and where we had to switch between Merrett & Maguire at times, Joel held our defensive group together. Our defense was excellent all year, and he was the general.

In a young side, if you're looking at short term, possibly. Watching the Hawks v Pies (hahaha) game, it struck me that both defenses would love him. At the Hawks he'd allow Gibson more flexibility, and make life a damned site easier for that Schoenwhatshisface fella. On the other side, Tarrant would probably squeal with delight if he finally had someone else around that back half that can take on a kpf.

I should give Poort credit for setting him free though. It would have been cruel to waste him down there. I expect some sort of humane society will be looking to seize Boak & Schulz at some point in the near future. About time the club returned to its enlightened catch & release policy.

Delisted from that rabble only to become a top shelf defender, and tonight beat out Dan Rich, Jack Redden, & Simon Black, amongst others, to claim the 2012 Merrett-Murray medal. Most underrated defender in the comp, and now a well deserved club champion. Who the hell lets a player like that go? (inb4freo)

They have a habit of doing that, they originally had Tom Harley on their list, but they traded him to Geelong because they thought he was never going to make it :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom felt so sorry for them that he agreed to help them choose a new coach.

There was nothing funnier than when they showed him footage on his first AFL game playing for Poort and you could sense the absolute embarrassment in his voice when he was talking about it.

Tagging patfullfankezz for the lulz

LOLing so hard at that other rabble right now.

Got rid of the only good-looking, hard-working, decent player they had. S'pose they had to, that "jumper" would have clashed with his hair something dreadful...much in the same way it seems to clash with anything good or wholesome.

The only good thing port ever had, and they gave it to us. :D

(Although I will admit some of their fans have guts. My port supporting mate has a son who just went through gruelling surgery to have his spine realigned. Brave kid)

There was nothing funnier than when they showed him footage on his first AFL game playing for Poort and you could sense the absolute embarrassment in his voice when he was talking about it.
If you're a dual Premiership captain would you really want to be remembered as having previously played for the club that you played against in your first Premiership victory who you pumped by 20 goals? Unfortunately the official records will all have Tom Harley as having played a 198 games with Port and Geelong. If find that a lot harder to swallow for some reason than Brenton Sanderson having played a handful of games with Crows and Magpies before playing close to 200 with the Cats.

Delisted in 2004...... what a s**t year that was for Port :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back