TAC Scraps Geelong Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a matter of time before Geelong cave in to the intense pressure from their supporters and suspend Selwood also.
giphy.gif

Boy oh boy Hawks fans talk an inordinate amount of shite.

Good for Geelong. Hopefully they find a sponsor they don't have to kowtow to and one without some social message attached to it.
Agreed. Car crashes get an unfair bad rap. How many people at the TAC have actually been in a car crash anyway? They don't even know what they're missing out on and yet demonise it anyway. A little car crash never hurt anyone.

Makes you wonder why they ever sponsored a footy club if that's all it takes to cut ties.

Why the hell is a Victorian Government body sponsoring a specific team in the first place. They should be sponsoring all the Vicco clubs, or the AFL as a whole or maybe even be a major sponsor of the VFL. They already have the TAC Cup?

Eddie seems to have started it back in the 90s with his close Labor connections but TAC are now doing the rounds and sponsoring club after club only to terminate each deal as soon as a player screws up.

Suspend Selwood for the Essendon-Geelong game in round 8. I know it sounds a bit specific, but I have my reasons.

Road safety is real, don't be so *in soft.

I'd support an impromptu contract termination followed by an impromptu preseason draft for any club who wished to take a chance on uncontracted players.

Wooden spooners get first pick as per standard practice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy was 27km/h over the speed limit. Thats not a momentary lapse in concentration or a misunderstanding, thats blatantly flaunting the rules, and he had two mates in the car. This is the sort of thing where we hear 3 young men died in a car crash and its a horror story. I think the TAC are within their rights to move away after this incident, as its not a great association. Selwood chose to break the rules, not the TAC.

Absolutely ridiculous.

How so? I don't necessarily agree with it, and maybe getting Selwood to front a campaign about the dangers of speeding or something would be more effective.

But the TAC's remit is to reduce speeding, drink driving and other dangerous driving habits, and the captain and public face of the club they sponsor just got done for speeding at 127 km/h. That's way over, hence why he lost his license, and maybe they thought it was untenable to continue.

People may disagree with the action they've taken, but it's not ridiculous.

Road safety is real, don't be so ****in soft.

I'd support an impromptu contract termination followed by an impromptu preseason draft for any club who wished to take a chance on uncontracted players.

Wooden spooners get first pick as per standard practice.
Because this occurred before any premiership points for the 2017 season has been awarded, the abandoned PSD draft of 2016 will take place, with the 2016 draft order, between the last JLT game and the proper season.

List changes to be effective immediately for season 2017

How so? I don't necessarily agree with it, and maybe getting Selwood to front a campaign about the dangers of speeding or something would be more effective.

But the TAC's remit is to reduce speeding, drink driving and other dangerous driving habits, and the captain and public face of the club they sponsor just got done for speeding at 127 km/h. That's way over, hence why he lost his license, and maybe they thought it was untenable to continue.

People may disagree with the action they've taken, but it's not ridiculous.
Same people who probably complain about speeding tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back