Player Watch #40: Taj Woewodin

Remove this Banner Ad

SackLunch

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
A very hearty welcome to the MFC, Taj Woewodin.

Son of MFC brownlow medalist Shane, Taj is a small(er) utility from the great city of Perth, Western Australia. National hero Jason Taylor praised Taj’s attitude and work ethic, which is all you can ask for really.

Taj, this your destiny. You are, and always have been, one of us.

Last edited:

He looks exactly like Dad did as youngster.

Shane was never really thought of as much as a junior, pure hard work got him to what he became. Hopefully Taj is the same.

Also, great timing with Aaron Vandenberg being cut, give Taj the number 22

He looks exactly like Dad did as youngster.

Shane was never really thought of as much as a junior, pure hard work got him to what he became. Hopefully Taj is the same.

Also, great timing with Aaron Vandenberg being cut, give Taj the number 22
Woe Snr went through the rookie draft too I think. HBF will be a tough spot to crack but could get a few games here and there.

Woe Snr went through the rookie draft too I think. HBF will be a tough spot to crack but could get a few games here and there.

Shane was picked up in the preseason draft im pretty sure after impressing when training with us.

Certainly didnt look out of place, picked up the speed of the game fine. Shame he didnt quite finish that goal in the 4th. Would much rather he get a game moving forward than Jordon or Harmes.

How good did Mark Jamar look when presenting Taj his jumper btw? Still looks like he could play a game tomorrow, in ripping shape.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he struggled with the pace pretty bad, not the first kid though. Gotta give him a month to look at him.

Refreshing to see a kid who didn't only wanna win contested footy.
Agree. Thought he did ok but often seemed to find himself in the wrong spots.
Give him at least another week. Much prefer to see what he can offer over someone tried like Jordon.

I thought he struggled with the pace pretty bad

I didnt think his disposal looked rushed or anything. Must say I wasn't watching that closely however, watched the replay on 2x speed.

I didnt think his disposal looked rushed or anything. Must say I wasn't watching that closely however, watched the replay on 2x speed.
In the after match interview he said he was shocked how quick seniors was, like I said though all good. Petracca looked like crap on debut and turned out ok not everyone starts on fire. Key is giving him time

I think you may have discovered the solution to our slow ball movement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back