Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Sam Dodge as its new Head of Strength and Power for the Crows. Was that the Burgess role? Or is that a different role again?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Different role.

Hass was our high performance manager, this just feels like someone who is running one of the strength departments.

It's a bit weird we've called this role "Head of...", when all it sounds like is a strength coach.

Different role.

Hass was our high performance manager, this just feels like someone who is running one of the strength departments.

It's a bit weird we've called this role "Head of...", when all it sounds like is a strength coach.

Everyone is a manager these days

Cheering on Geelong as they arrive?
This just reminded of me of when those old ducks showed up at the airport when Sydney (I think) arrived and sang our sang at them. Then they flogged us. Great times.

This just reminded of me of when those old ducks showed up at the airport when Sydney (I think) arrived and sang our sang at them. Then they flogged us. Great times.
So, want to dress up as a powa supporter and sing the power song at the airport?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in the Brent Reilly thread, but like the sound of this:

"Dodge has more than a decade’s experience in strength and conditioning with international and professional athletes, including working with the Bristol Bears, Welsh Rugby Union and the Welsh Judo Association. He has also represented Wales in freestyle wrestling, most recently at the 2021 British Invitational Championships."

Tackling game to go to next level!

"Dodge has more than a decade’s experience in strength and conditioning with international and professional athletes, including working with the Bristol Bears, Welsh Rugby Union and the Welsh Judo Association. He has also represented Wales in freestyle wrestling, most recently at the 2021 British Invitational Championships."

doesnt Darren Burgess also have a past history of working with english rugby and football clubs?.. and this would know him or atleast know of him

wonder if employing this lad is one of Darren‘s requests as part of coming over to the crows…

Good, our tackling technique was kind of poor at times this year

Sounds like the wheels are in motion for a Burgess-led team

doesnt Darren Burgess also have a past history of working with english rugby and football clubs?.. and this would know him or atleast know of him

wonder if employing this lad is one of Darren‘s requests as part of coming over to the crows…

I think this is more confirmation Burgess is coming, Melbourne also has a head of "Strength and Power" person.

Makes me think the addition of Tim Parhan, who followed Burgess from Port to Arsenal, was not a coincidence.

From the outside it looks like Burgess has been setting up our fitness department how he wants it.

And then as far as competition for his services from Port after they lost their head of fitness, I heard Tredrea suggest that the role was previously shared and now the remaining guy would step up and take it on himself.

Last edited:
So Sam Dodge as its new Head of Strength and Power for the Crows. Was that the Burgess role? Or is that a different role again?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's a role Burgess seems to always have on a team he's been at. Ian McKeown used to do it at Port before Burgess left and he was promoted and David Watts does at Melbourne.

To this day I still can't believe that didn't intimidate them into just turning around, getting back on the plane and going straight home.

This is why we need chants night, people! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back