Media Tarkymetrics - The Newest Approach to Determining the Who's Who of the Competition

I'm shipping the latest in developing a fair and equitable measure to determine who the shining stars of our competition are.

The aim: Is to develop a week by week power rankings that provides insight as to who the best players in the competition are - based on posting performance, prevalence and of course, sim performance.

The catch: The approach has been developed to lag the live results of the competition by four weeks.

What does this mean?: I want the data to be truly representative of who the best of the best are. There's an element of human input, and as such, I don't want results to be skewed by who's currently "leading" and people making their judgements based on self-interest or spite. Therefore, the only person that I intend to have access to the algorithm (yes, there's an algorithm) is me. This means I will not have any input into areas of human judgement, I'll just be putting in what people tell me to and producing an output.

So why have you made the thread?: I will be looking for input from one player from each team weekly. In essence, each club's chosen representative will be responsible for providing me, by no later than the Tuesday evening following each match, votes for their opposition. The voting is to occur on the basis of making an assessment of posting quality of the opposition for their specific game.

The person voting is to allocate between 15 and 25 votes (inclusive) to their opposition as a representation of their perception of quality that week. The most votes that can be allocated to any individual player will be 5. If I feel that a particular poster has not been active enough to make an accurate assessment of their opposition this week, or if I do not receive the votes on time, I may reach out to a stand-by poster on an ad-hoc basis for their thoughts.

Please make any expressions of interest for involvement in this thread.

Is that all?: No. I also would love it if someone would volunteer to collate posting stats for me, each week. This can be done by drawing on the 'Top Contributors' tab within the match thread. The algorithm will then provide an activity weighting for the week. Expressions of interest are once again welcome.

So you're keeping us all in suspense about something that probably won't get off the ground?: No, and how are you question the consistency of my activity! To prove that things are churning along, I will be posting a team of the week from the get go, when stats become available. It's only the dynamic team, which is open to manipulation, that I will delay posting.

If you are interested in any of the above, please note your willingness to contribute as a Tarkyonomist below.

EOI Voters:
Bears
Bombers
Demons
Dragons
Furies
Gumbies
Hawks
Swamprats - sportsmaniac89
Royals
Roys - fitzroybowiedog
Warriors
Wonders - Wooshette

Last edited:
You should have stayed inactive
I’m confident you’ll change your tune once you see the body of work that’ll be put into this.

That said, it’ll be a collaborative effort so I’d love volunteers.

He’s not a Fury anymore
source.gif

Your ego should be big enough to round it out.

It's all part of the qooty 'persona' mate. I play the role of a lovable, funny, witty, old kick boxing, well endowed ex star cricketer.

When in reality, I am a lovable, funny, witty, old kick boxing, well endowed ex star cricketer.

So basically the #JTMedal with multiple people voting instead of just one?
I’ll have my lawyers speak to your lawyers. ;)

But no, in terms of what I’m requesting support for it’ll be closest to the old Flogcutter awards. But I want to try and draw a bit more into it to give it a multi-dimensional view, rather than just being an assessment of poster quality (which the Flogcutter awards used to do very well).

Back