NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Great response by the AFL, but it would be better if he was now sacked. Racism needs to be stamped out.

Did McGuire lose his career over his racist comments and what action was taken by the AFL against the Collingwood football club? We all agree racism needs to go and I have not and will not defend Tex, but lets kick ALL racism out.

he said 1 comment and now has copped a 6 week suspension and a 20K fine and is undergoing training and working with the club to be a better man..have you never ever ever heard of do the crime, do the time but then once you have done your time, you have done your time.
The larger point is, as Nicks said, as footballers they already go through these education programs. Tex has seen first hand the hurt and pain those types of words can cause yet still put them out there anyway. At what point is it going to click for him?

Did McGuire lose his career over his racist comments and what action was taken by the AFL against the Collingwood football club? We all agree racism needs to go and I have not and will not defend Tex, but lets kick ALL racism out.
1000% this. Until Collingwood sack those there who have been racist and there are many if the report is to be believed - it is systemic at that club, anyone outside our club saying Tex should be sacked can go get f***ed

The larger point is, as Nicks said, as footballers they already go through these education programs. Tex has seen first hand the hurt and pain those types of words can cause yet still put them out there anyway. At what point is it going to click for him?
but the punishment is far greater than what an average punter playing afternoon footy would ever cop too - so that sword swings both ways - Tex has taken a massive massive hit for what he said - has accepted it and when his punishment is over - he should not be further punished for it

Tex to suns for a pick.

He'll have a 2 year don't up there where nobody cares, til this all blows over and then he can come back home to live a normal life while nobody is looking

but the punishment is far greater than what an average punter playing afternoon footy would ever cop too - so that sword swings both ways - Tex has taken a massive massive hit for what he said - has accepted it and when his punishment is over - he should not be further punished for it
And it should be greater because as a footballer he's more aware than most people, has undergone far more education and seen more first hand from people he probably called his friends about what those words can do. As far as I'm concerned if the club decides he's not welcome anymore the only one to blame is Tex. He's free to continue his career elsewhere if he wants and someone wants him, but if he's left go he's not being "further punished", it's a direct result of his actions. No one to blame but himself.

he said 1 comment and now has copped a 6 week suspension and a 20K fine and is undergoing training and working with the club to be a better man..have you never ever ever heard of do the crime, do the time but then once you have done your time, you have done your time.

Yes, true. But we have sponsors, professional and community relationships, he represents hundreds of thousands of members and supporters, and this club has a reputation.

The best thing for Kramer is for him to play footy again. The best thing for the club is for him to step down.

Tex to suns for a pick.

He'll have a 2 year don't up there where nobody cares, til this all blows over and then he can come back home to live a normal life while nobody is looking
now thats an opportunity approach

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/cRsdYnYOjZtsY" width="480" height="333" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

And it should be greater because as a footballer he's more aware than most people, has undergone far more education and seen more first hand from people he probably called his friends about what those words can do. As far as I'm concerned if the club decides he's not welcome anymore the only one to blame is Tex. He's free to continue his career elsewhere if he wants and someone wants him, but if he's left go he's not being "further punished", it's a direct result of his actions. No one to blame but himself.
well I am not going to double punish someone that has served their time like Tex will have. And as I said, when collingwood get wacked by the AFL for their infinitely greater racism problems, then people can come talk about whether the punishments are fair

I am in no doubt at all that when it is over if he is at the club he will be one of the biggest advocates for antiracism - like a reformed smoker.

well I am not going to double punish someone that has served their time like Tex will have. And as I said, when collingwood get wacked by the AFL for their infinitely greater racism problems, then people can come talk about whether the punishments are fair

I am in no doubt at all that when it is over if he is at the club he will be one of the biggest advocates for antiracism - like a reformed smoker.
And maybe we should use Collingwood's inaction as chance to be better. What Collingwood did or didn't do should be irrelevant.

And how meaningful will his words be? He'll be like someone who is an anti-smoker cause they got lung cancer. They knew all along it was wrong to smoke, didn't care until it impacted them. He's anti-racist only because he was caught saying racist s**t. He already knew he shouldn't be saying that stuff but did it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks sounded absolutely devastated in his press conference

After he moved on Brad Crouch and Stengle for not fitting the culture he's building, it will be interesting to see what he does with Tex. Did not sound impressed at all

And maybe we should use Collingwood's inaction as chance to be better. What Collingwood did or didn't do should be irrelevant.

And how meaningful will his words be? He'll be like someone who is an anti-smoker cause they got lung cancer. They knew all along it was wrong to smoke, didn't care until it impacted them. He's anti-racist only because he was caught saying racist sh*t. He already knew he shouldn't be saying that stuff but did it anyway.
So you are a believer that nobody will ever be rehabilitated if they do a crime? I don't subscribe to that theory

After he moved on Brad Crouch and Stengle for not fitting the culture he's building, it will be interesting to see what he does with Tex. Did not sound impressed at all
Got the feeling he's played his last game for the club. May possibly get picked up by another club though.

Does he put Tex up for trade ?? Does any club want to bring him in after this......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back