NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

The world education is loosely used. This comment means many different things. Using the word campaigner offends a lot of people as well. His education would include his response when angry, his punctuation and what type of words he use and how those specific words impact indigenous people differently.

Last edited:

They won't.

People want blood. Look at people taking delight in how Teague was treated by Carlton.

We've become a bunch of hyenas.
Pretty disgusting how Teague was treated but he was no good as a coach. They could have just sacked him without all the fanfare. Appointing him in the first place was a rushed process all built on emotion because he got them a few wins after the previous awful coach.

Tex is on a hiding to nothing ......he's still not reading the room, by asking to go to the rooms last week, and the B & F Friday

Unfortunately a scripted response is the only way he'll get thru the presser ...without being BBQ'd
I actually think he accomplished this and did what I was hoping.

What total garbage
My comments were all about this incident

Derailing the thread and taking a pot shot

Memes aside; more than likely we would agree on what we hope happens next year with Taylor and the club as the character assassination pile-on is weaksauce given all he has done as a decent human being over his career. I just can't take it seriously if someone's go-to is that bad behaviour is a once-off. No false equivalency here, but as a mere mortal every bit of bad behaviour I've displayed has never been singular. Same with anyone else I've ever met. We all go through character flaws in life that we hopefully get better at patching, but I'm lying if I tell people that I only said something shitty once in my life. I'll safely assume that if another mere mortal is caught saying something iffy that it isn't the first time they've said something similar, while at the same time I won't assume that they're the love child of Hitler and Stalin. Extremes suck.

I can back Taylor in 100% and still believe that this isn't a one-off and even more, that he might say something shitty again in private at some point in the future depending on numerous factors. Putting people on unsustainable pedestals pisses me off.

Just finished listening. I thought it was an excellent presser by Tex. Demonstrated insight, batted off the sensationalist questions, and acknowledged the hurt that he's caused. I reckon he'll be OK.

Last edited:
Memes aside; more than likely we would agree on what we hope happens next year with Taylor and the club as the character assassination pile-on is weaksauce given all he has done as a decent human being over his career. I just can't take it seriously if someone's go-to is that bad behaviour is a once-off. No false equivalency here, but as a mere mortal every bit of bad behaviour I've displayed has never been singular. Same with anyone else I've ever met. We all go through character flaws in life that we hopefully get better at patching, but I'm lying if I tell people that I only said something shitty once in my life. I'll safely assume that if another mere mortal is caught saying something iffy that it isn't the first time they've said something similar, while at the same time I won't assume that they're the love child of Hitler and Stalin. Extremes suck.

I can back Taylor in 100% and still believe that this isn't a one-off and even more, that he might say something shitty again in private at some point in the future depending on numerous factors. Putting people on unsustainable pedestals pisses me off.
Where did I say it was a once off ?
I asked posters who declared it was repeated behaviour to cite the previous incidents / nobody could
I don’t make statements like that without examples

So jam your meme and get your facts straight before to make a personal attack

I have repeatedly - REPEATEDLY - stated that Tex had a whack he had to cop

FFS

Gary Lyon cheating with his best mates wife, claiming mental health, taking a year off and then pretending it never happened and never having to address questions.

FIFY.

Gary Lyon has a relationship with another consenting adult, who was once in a relationship with his best mate but hadn't been for over a year when it commenced. Moreover, Gary's new partner is not, and never was, the property of B. Brownless.

Pretty disgusting how Teague was treated but he was no good as a coach. They could have just sacked him without all the fanfare. Appointing him in the first place was a rushed process all built on emotion because he got them a few wins after the previous awful coach.

Someone got ahead of themselves with the "Teague Train" t-shirt order button on Redbubble. Carlton's hand was forced.

I'm just glad he didn't sit there and cop the rubbish that was being dumped on his door-step. It has taken far too long for someone other than an embittered Malthouse to speak clearly about the clownfiesta you need to suffer through in order to receive a paycheck at Carlton. I hope he has a far happier time in a far better place than that tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I say it was a once off ?

I'm sorry what? Only, you know, in this whole thread.

For once, we can play that card to protect a legend of the club who has done wrong -once- and already copped his whack.

like copping your whack and more than likely being crucified in the media for a completely out of character comment ?

People not wanting to know what prompted such an out of character response from Tex - and it is out of character - drafted in 2008 and this is ONE word out of line - are only hearing part of the whole story

And , in all honesty , it’s no more a fu***** stretch than calling Tex a racist for uttering one single adjective in an expletive

There's this weird online disconnect going from "Why won't he front the media?" to "Eugh, why is he making it all about him and playing the victim?" when he does.
And the chief turnip who moaned that he needed to front up to the media is too busy posting on twitter about Carlton rather than acknowledge that its happened.

FIFY.

Gary Lyon has a relationship with another consenting adult, who was once in a relationship with his best mate but hadn't been for over a year when it commenced. Moreover, Gary's new partner is not, and never was, the property of B. Brownless.

Surely this thread is evidence that everyone's moral compass of what they consider to be right and wrong varies greatly from person to person.

You may not have an issue with Lyon's actions, but others did. Just the same as something that you find to be morally wrong others may not have the same opinion.

Except he didn’t say “black fella” he said “ get that black c**t”… reportedly because a remark was made against his ears…

I used the term "blackfella" in a post in the politics thread and some numpty commented on it. I remember first arriving in Alice Springs and being taken aback at white people using the term blackfella and especially shocked when used in the company of blackfellas. But after a while you realise that the terms come from the blackfellas themselves, they refer to me as a whitefella and themselves and each other as blackfellas. So what was originally shocking and I thought bordering on racist language was just what white and aboriginal people have been calling each other over an after work drink for ages. Now, I did get racist language hurled at me when playing football, we were pink this and pink that. Coming from Broken Hill, there's every chance that he's used language that was normal when he was going to school and mates with Aboriginals all his life that typical city and suburban morons have no idea about because they've never meaningfully engaged with Aboriginal people in their entire lives.

Now, that doesn't mean that someone like me immediately jumps to Tex's defence like the typical mouth breathers in here. There is a process that the club has already gone through and it's now gone to the AFL for their investigation and deliberation. It is what it is and the end result will be either an of 3 things;

1. Tex did say something that sounded racist but there is a lifelong context to it that isn't understood by the complainants ie "blackfella/whitefella"
2. What Tex said was misheard by certain people and other people heard something different that wasn't racist
3. Tex has made a racist remark and will wear whatever consequences come with that

Lashing out at either Tex at this moment or the AFL or the newspaper or the reporter is for the truely demented. Lashing out at the people that do any of those things is where the game is at. Innocent until proven guilty, but the club has seen fit to escalate to the AFL after their own internal investigation. If that's not worthy of column inches then what is. But, innocent until proven guilty and there's no reason that he should be stood down until there is an outcome following a proper process.

Except he didn’t say “black fella” he said “ get that black c**t”… reportedly because a remark was made against his ears…

That was posted when the news originally hit that there was an investigation in process. What he'd said at that time hadn't been put forward yet. But thanks for opening up your account with a response to a post at the very beginning of a 131 page thread before any credible info had come out except the existence of the investigation.

For a bloke I have loved both on and off the field, that was a tough watch. He looked absolutely broken, pale and could not have been any more remorseful. Not sure what further price some want him to pay?? From the club side of things, I feel he should have at least been flanked by our chairman or head of football. No sponsors in the background for obvious reasons. Also feel for him to have to grovel to be at our B&F is f&%ken bullshit. Nothing will top the shame, let him attend as you still have a duty as a club to support him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back