Team for Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily for Round 1, but my starting line up right now. It’ll shift and change over the coming months.

FB: IQ, Murphy, Howe
HB: Crisp, Moore, Maynard
C: Sidey, Daicos, Daicos
HF: Hill, Mihocek, McCreery
FF: Elliott, Mcstay, Schultz
R: Cox, JDG, Mitchell

Int: Pendles, Wilbur, Noble, Cameron

Depth: Johnson, Lipinski, Ginnivan, Markov, Frampton, Krueger, Kelly, Dean

Up and comers: Macrae, McInnes, Allan, Ryan, Harrison, Begg

Last edited:

If all fit

IQ Moore Maynard
Crisp Murphy Howe
J Daicos N Daicos Sidey
Hill McStay Elliott
Schultz Mihocek McCreery

Cox De Goey Mitchell

Pendles WHE Cameron Allan

Emerg Lippa Johnson Noble Dean

Players I expect to get AFL time who havent had much in 23 Allan Reef Johnson and really hope Dean can show he is AFL relevent

If all fit

IQ Moore Maynard
Crisp Murphy Howe
J Daicos N Daicos Sidey
Hill McStay Elliott
Schultz Mihocek McCreery

Cox De Goey Mitchell

Players I expect to get AFL time who havent had much in 23 Allan Reef Johnson and really hope Dean can show he is AFL relevent
Good team. Probably would add Markov in there somewhere

From the G.F team

out Ginivan, W.H.E, Markov, Frampton Cameron
in Shlultz Mcrae Mckiness Mcstay Krueger
Would Luke to put games in Allan, Harrison, Johnston also

We can't stay still guys need to change it up , teams over the years that have won back to back never have the same 22 or 23 from year to year
1. Would like to see WHE playing in the reserves helping with the development of the kids. Only playing in the seniors if we have a lot of injuries.
2. Don't expect us to have the same game plan 2024! Would be interesting too see how we structure up
Maybe more talks in the forward line?

B. IQ. Frampton. Murphy
HB. Maynard. Moore. Crisp
C. Jaicos. Titch. Sidebottom
HF. Shultz McStay. Hill
F. Jamie. Checkers. Howe

R. Cox. DeGoey. Naicos

Int. Pendlebury. Markov. Beau. WHE
Sub. Macrae

Emergency Reef. Allan. Cameron lipinski noble
Johnson Krueger and Dean KP depth

Last edited:
If all fit

IQ Moore Maynard
Crisp Murphy Howe
J Daicos N Daicos Sidey
Hill McStay Elliott
Schultz Mihocek McCreery

Cox De Goey Mitchell

Think you are jumping the gun a bit with Allan replacing lippa in round 1

Hopefully Harrison has a big pre season. There is a spot for him now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Think you are jumping the gun a bit with Allan replacing lippa in round 1
Hope not. Was hoping he would play senior footy in 23. If he is going to be the good one we hope he can be he should bypass Lippa type players quickly.

Not necessarily for Round 1, but my starting line up right now. It’ll shift and change over the coming months.

FB: IQ, Murphy, Howe
HB: Crisp, Moore, Maynard
C: Sidey, Daicos, Daicos
HF: Hill, Mihocek, McCreery
FF: Elliott, Mcstay, Schultz
R: Cox, JDG, Mitchell

Int: Pendles, Wilbur, Noble, Cameron

Depth: Johnson, Lipinski, Ginnivan, Markov, Frampton, Krueger, Kelly, Dean

Up and comers: Macrae, McInnes, Allan, Ryan, Harrison, Begg
Nice, either Lipinski or Markov sub. Sad for JFN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Jeremy Howe Nathan Murphy Isaac Quaynor
HB: Scott Pendlebury Darcy Moore Brayden Maynard
C: Josh Daicos Jordan De Goey Jack Crisp
HF: Bobby Hill Brody Mihocek Steele Sidebottom
F: Lachie Schultz Daniel McStay Jamie Elliott
FOLL: Mason Cox Nick Daicos Tom Mitchell
INT: Darcy Cameron Beau McCreery Will Hoskin-Elliott
Oleg Markov
SUB: Patrick Lipinski

If all fit

IQ Moore Maynard
Crisp Murphy Howe
J Daicos N Daicos Sidey
Hill McStay Elliott
Schultz Mihocek McCreery

Cox De Goey Mitchell

I see Edward there. You have done well.

id like to see them persist with developing johnson
and i think its time to give mcinnes an extended run at it to get up to speed, for better or worse
I expect mcreery to get some midfield time
and to start bringing in Allan to give Sidey some rest
would be good to see if they can actually make a full back out of billy

some of the older guys i think you can go a bit easy until further in the season

Its a better team than 2023 which improved on 2022. Its a strong 23 with reserves to step up. Most have had a taste mcrae mcinnes carmichael ryan johnson harrison dean allan richards. We need improvement from steene begg and kelly Give them all a crack in the practice games and have another preseason with Wade we should be able to cover injuries and poor form

I thought some players like Elliot Mcstay moore cameron were carrying injuries during the finals

There is big improvement to come and the other clubs haven't traded to succeed us. The AFL trade period has been underwhelming from the rest of the comp.

I think fly might tweek game plan a little to create higher goal scoring opportunities. We have defence nailed. I think he will tweek the forward line

Exciting times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If all fit

IQ Moore Maynard
Crisp Murphy Howe
J Daicos N Daicos Sidey
Hill McStay Elliott
Schultz Mihocek McCreery

Cox De Goey Mitchell

Did you leave Markov completely out on purpose? He was pretty clearly best 22 from round 4ish onwards I thought

Isnt Allan considered unlikely to make it now he didn’t debut early with the theory you go with?

GF team
Minus Ginni and Billy
Add Schultz and McStay
simples

as the season progresses, I think Johnson should come in for one of Cameron or Cox
I also think Noble has the right mindset to work on his deficiencies and push for a return, either for WHE or Markov
the kids are TBA, not too confident about this bunch

Id be hoping throughout the year Ed Allan, Fin, Ryan, Harrison and McInnes would be making strong cases to break into the 22. AJ has all the talent, does he want it enough though

Did you leave Markov completely out on purpose? He was pretty clearly best 22 from round 4ish onwards I thought

Isnt Allan considered unlikely to make it now he didn’t debut early with the theory you go with?
I think Markov was great. Reckon he dropped off a little late in the season and wont be surprised if maybe 2023 is his highwater mark. Fantastic year though. If we have everyone fit I think he misses. I think JFN is better overall even if Markov was better late 23. Both are good depth

1 season too small to write off Allan of course but I would have liked to see him play. If he turns out to be a top level AFL mid down the track he should be pretty easily able to go past the players on the fringe of the 23 and get a spot in 2024. Doesn't have to be round 1 but I would hope he comes back really strong in the preseason and bangs the door down early.

If you g through draft guru and look at each years picks you will find almost all the mid players that end up top end play early. So I want to see Ed play early in 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back