Teammates that didn't like each other

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a fan of dlanod for always bullying me in the D&T board. I'd point my finger at him and curse if I ever came across him.

teammate
ˈtiːmmeɪt/
noun
plural noun: teammates
  1. a fellow member of a team.

Sam Gilbert and the guys who's peepees went on the internet when they were clearly supposed to be for his own collection. Riewoldt was furious and Nick Dal resented that he never had the opportunity to get a bit more blood into it. Also blamed Sam for the lighting and poor angle.

Last edited:

Doesn't appear to be on YT. No longer have Fox. Can't find direct quotes via search engines.

I believe you that something was discussed, would just like to see some direct quotes and the context around the story. I'd be surprised if someone based their entire perception of the quality of the bloke on the basis of that story alone, but each to their own.

From memory context was Cornes was young and immature, heavily favoured to win, cracked the shits when he didn't and his old man had to give him a stern talking to not to be a sulky brat.

Sam Fischer and the guys who's peepees went on the internet when they were clearly supposed to be for his own collection. Riewoldt was furious and Nick Dal resented that he never had the opportunity to get a bit more blood into it. Also blamed Sam for the lighting and poor angle.

It was Sam Gilbert.

I probably go on a bit too much about LeCras but he is absolutely a flat tracker.

Also his 12 came v a fellow bottom 4 side anyway (v Essendon).
I'd love to see his record against top eight sides compared to bottom eight.

It's natural if you're a forward pocket that you'll see more of the ball when your side is putting it into the fifty more often.

No such excuse for Seagull Yeo though.

First time I've ever heard that story and highly doubt it's true.

Firstly, Graham is very unlikely to have ever attended a PAFC B'n'F.

Secondly, it would be completely out of character. He's driven but doesn't come across as having a sense of entitlement. You sure you're not crossing wires with a story about Chad?

From memory context was Cornes was young and immature, heavily favoured to win, cracked the shits when he didn't and his old man had to give him a stern talking to not to be a sulky brat.
It was definitely Kane.

Apart from not winning and spitting the dummy, he angered a lot teammates who saw his behaviour disrespectful to Josh Francou and Roger James who had just retired and the night was supposed to be a celebration of their careers.

Wrinkles had to pull his head in

Murphy and Aker.

Murphy thought he knew what it took and Aker had already achieved it all and even in his twilight, was twice the player that Murphy was.

Maybe if the leading team of the time approached the Aker issue a bit less aggressively, Murph might have achieved his flag.

Wasn't that Cooney?

I think Aker was offside with several Dogs players, Gia as an example

Just rumours on bigfooty but Sam Mitchell wasn't supposed to be that popular with a lot of his Hawthorn teammates.

In the early days he was a prick to everyone. Even he has admitted it. But he mellowed a lot over time.

Now he is still a pest and pushes everyone hard but everyone acknowledges how important he is to the team.

Im okay with players who expect the same effort of others as they do themselves. Skill and talent is one thing but everyone is able to give 100% of whatever their capability is.

Wasn't that Cooney?

I think Aker was offside with several Dogs players, Gia as an example

Aker and Leppa definitely as well. A few others guys at the Lions couldn't stand Aker either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't there a level of resentment after he won the Brownlow?

Think Aker mentions such on maybe Open Mike?

Wouldn't surprise me if that's how Aker runs with it. Really he's a bit of a utensil (not that anyone would ever guess) and he blew up after Leppa didn't invite him to his wedding.

Murphy and Aker.

Murphy thought he knew what it took and Aker had already achieved it all and even in his twilight, was twice the player that Murphy was.

Maybe if the leading team of the time approached the Aker issue a bit less aggressively, Murph might have achieved his flag.

Or maybe Murphy didn't like Aker because Aker is a dickhead, the same reason many Brisbane players didn't like Aker.

Rumour I heard was there were 2 factions at the pies this year and cloke didn't get on with either.

I reckon it happens a heap. (Competition for spots especially for the top sides is huge) add to that the massive egos and celebrity/fame/drugs/women element and you have a highly combustible situation.

Murphy and Aker.

That is just wrong.

2010 was when the Aker and Bulldogs thing blew up. Aker had played on one year too long (as had Brad Johnson and a couple of others) and the Bulldogs were shot. Were never going to challenge Pies, Cats or Saints in the finals.

The relationship worked well in 2008 and 2009 between Aker and the Bulldogs. Seriously, people overlook the fact that Aker was finished and not playing good football which is why the club were not putting up with his nonsense behind the scenes as they may have for the previous two years. Same thing happened in Brisbane. They put up with him as long as his performances were up to it.

Also to say it was just Bob Murphy who had an issue with Aker is being selective. The entire club wanted him gone.

That is just wrong.

2010 was when the Aker and Bulldogs thing blew up. Aker had played on one year too long (as had Brad Johnson and a couple of others) and the Bulldogs were shot. Were never going to challenge Pies, Cats or Saints in the finals.

The relationship worked well in 2008 and 2009 between Aker and the Bulldogs. Seriously, people overlook the fact that Aker was finished and not playing good football which is why the club were not putting up with his nonsense behind the scenes as they may have for the previous two years. Same thing happened in Brisbane. They put up with him as long as his performances were up to it.

Also to say it was just Bob Murphy who had an issue with Aker is being selective. The entire club wanted him gone.

Wasn't he ready to retire but the club convinced him to stay on and on a much reduced salary so you could fit all the aging stars in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back