Teammates that didn't like each other

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me. Does that kid have some demons?

I was suicidal but thought if i got drafted it woukd fix me. Then i got drafted and it didnt fix me. So **** Richmond lol

Yeah, it’s all Richmond’s fault. Obviously. It can’t be that maybe he just wasn’t good enough and couldn’t handle the demands of the job. Not everyone make sure it.

Didn't Lakey have a problem with some Bulldogs like Cooney or West on some failed business deal???
Wouldn't have been Cooney. They're still good mates.

I remember hearing that he was offside of some of the senior players like Johnson, murphy etc. because they didn't think he was committed enough.

How did he lose them the flag?

Wouldn’t point fingers at just him but he was part of a group of under performers against the Dogs.

Compared to what Tom Boyd did, poles apart.

Rumour has never been confirmed but he got one of the more senior players off side with some comments in the rooms after the game as well.

Wouldn't have been Cooney. They're still good mates.

I remember hearing that he was offside of some of the senior players like Johnson, murphy etc. because they didn't think he was committed enough.

Similar with Eade as well I think. Player/ coach relationship wasn’t great.

Wouldn’t point fingers at just him but he was part of a group of under performers against the Dogs.

Compared to what Tom Boyd did, poles apart.

Rumour has never been confirmed but he got one of the more senior players off side with some comments in the rooms after the game as well.

Genuinely didn't realise he played in the 2016 grand final hahaha. I went and looked at the Wikipedia page for the 2014 Grand Final :D

Picked up 5 for on the weekend.

I’ve got no issue with Richardson going over at all. Fact is Sayers should be in before Bird. Bird clearly has incriminating photos of Boof or Smithy.

Sorry that's just ridiculous and a massive overreaction to a poor performance by Bird on one of the worst bowling wickets ever seen.

Bird has done a decent job as the incumbent reserve bowler when he has come into the test team in the past and his form in the early part of the shield was second to none. No justification at all for Sayers to have leapfrogged him prior to Boxing Day and I don't think even one poor performance should spell the end of Bird who has done a lot of good work for Australia in recent history and continues to be the best seamer in the shield.

Going to South Africa it was obvious we don't need two bowlers of the same type and style being our backups and hence have gone for the variety of Richardson. Very much enjoyed watching his talent and has done well in all formats so far, but I do think it'd be a bit premature to debut in a test match. It would be preferable to have any of the big, strong and more experienced pace trio of Coulter-Nile, Pattinson or Behrendorff available but sadly we don't, so I guess why not reward the young colt with a tour for his promising start and unbounded enthusiasm.

Sorry that's just ridiculous and a massive overreaction to a poor performance by Bird on one of the worst bowling wickets ever seen.

Bird has done a decent job as the incumbent reserve bowler when he has come into the test team in the past and his form in the early part of the shield was second to none. No justification at all for Sayers to have leapfrogged him prior to Boxing Day and I don't think even one poor performance should spell the end of Bird who has done a lot of good work for Australia in recent history and continues to be the best seamer in the shield.

Going to South Africa it was obvious we don't need two bowlers of the same type and style being our backups and hence have gone for the variety of Richardson. Very much enjoyed watching his talent and has done well in all formats so far, but I do think it'd be a bit premature to debut in a test match. It would be preferable to have any of the big, strong and more experienced pace trio of Coulter-Nile, Pattinson or Behrendorff available but sadly we don't, so I guess why not reward the young colt with a tour for his promising start and unbounded enthusiasm.

You assume I’m having a crack at Bird for one game which is rubbish. Sayers has clearly been the best shield bowler over the last 3 seasons and it’s criminal he’s still yet to be given an opportunity.

It’s Hohns and his cronies obsession with express pace which has robbed him of opportunity.

Fact is Sayers has been the best shield bowler for a number of seasons, his style is best suited to the South African pitches and looking even further he would be ideal for the swinging English conditions.

The greatest Australian quick bowler I’ve seen consistently bowled 130-135kmh.

Also let me get this out there. Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins are far and away our best 3 quicks and in no way am I suggesting Sayers replaces any of them outside of injury but imho he’s got to be the next cab off the rank. I like the idea of taking Richardson as a project/ experience trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar with Eade as well I think. Player/ coach relationship wasn’t great.
You sure about that, I have heard them both say that Rocket was quite hard on him but they were on really good terms and that Rocket had no problem giving him a spray because Brian would just shrug it off and forget about it within 5 mins where other players would sook for days.

Last edited:

DEAREST, MOST-REVERED AND BIPOLARIEST OF THE BEARS,

IF THOU IS ABLE, AND IF IT IS POSSIBLE, WOULD THOU MOST KINDLY, PLEASE EXPAND UPON AND SHARETH WITH THE GATHERED AUDIENCE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOU PREVIOUS IMPLICATION, NAY, SUGGESTION, NAY, ACCUSATION, OF A MODICUM OF BAD BLOOD BETWEEN THE TWO GENTLEMEN THOU DID AFFIX THY GAZE.

SINCERELIEST YOURS,

I FORGET MY NAME

A footballer thing
And a great unknown
Two big names who ignored each other and refused to utter a word to each other for their entire playing careers and after.

Maybe a Carlton fan out there has the full story.

I have never heard of them never speaking during their playing careers, in fact I believe they were quite close mates.

My understanding was the fallout came about due to the salary cap issues and the fact that SOS spoke to the league while Sticks was one of John Elliott's boys and wanted him to keep quiet.

Obviously I've never spent as much time with him as Chapman would have, but most things I've seen and heard of Scarlett on a personal level make him seem like a knob.

Didn't Scarlett say on Open Mike he had like 3 close mates on the playing list and didn't really care about anyone else?

My understanding was the fallout came about due to the salary cap issues and the fact that SOS spoke to the league while Sticks was one of John Elliott's boys and wanted him to keep quiet.
That was my understanding. SOS and Carlton fell out as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back