Streaming Ted Lasso

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Just cos Keely wasn't shaggin birds in the first two seasons, doesn't mean she was in the closet. When she started hanging out with Rebecca in season 1 (can't remember which episode) she very casually said something like "If I dip my toe back in the lady pool I can't think of a better woman than you"

Just cos Keely wasn't shaggin birds in the first two seasons, doesn't mean she was in the closet. When she started hanging out with Rebecca in season 1 (can't remember which episode) she very casually said something like "If I dip my toe back in the lady pool I can't think of a better woman than you"
1 passing comment is very different to setting up several scenes in multiple episodes to explore it.

I've got no problem with her character being bisexual, in fact I think it suited the character. It just seemed an unnecessary side show during the last season that I don't think added absolutely anything to the show.

1 passing comment is very different to setting up several scenes in multiple episodes to explore it.

I've got no problem with her character being bisexual, in fact I think it suited the character. It just seemed an unnecessary side show during the last season that I don't think added absolutely anything to the show.
Totally agree that the Jack storyline was overblown, boring and a waste of good airtime. I just don't think it's accurate to say Keeley wasn't bi until Jack came along.

Calm your farm! The Wizard of Oz is one of the greatest examples of cinematic storytelling of all time, and is still a beloved cultural touchstone 84 years later. I think Ted Lasso will likely be an obscurity soon enough.

Claims that the show is a retelling of The Wizard of Oz are overdone. Ted Lasso pays tribute to a lot of TV and movie influences then goes its own way in many areas.

But if it inspires people to watch or rewatch The Wizard of Oz they will see a cinematic classic. It's a great story with iconic characters. The low tech of painted backdrops and actors flying by wire adds to the charm - a time when audiences were asked to use their imagination. Judy Garland is amazing. There's several musical numbers that are still well known. It's timeless and can be enjoyed by any age.

Claims that the show is a retelling of The Wizard of Oz are overdone. Ted Lasso pays tribute to a lot of TV and movie influences then goes its own way in many areas.

But if it inspires people to watch or rewatch The Wizard of Oz they will see a cinematic classic. It's a great story with iconic characters. The low tech of painted backdrops and actors flying by wire adds to the charm - a time when audiences were asked to use their imagination. Judy Garland is amazing. There's several musical numbers that are still well known. It's timeless and can be enjoyed by any age.

Wires?

I never saw wires

It was one of those long movies as a kid that they’d put on but you’d fall asleep at the Lion scene

These are the days b4 Vcr

A long time ago

1970’s😳

Ah, I'd forgotten that. Her sexuality wasn't really a focus before this season...

I'd still argue that she lacked courage in a number of ways which led me to notice the parallels between Jamie, Roy and Keeley and the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion respectively. It might be a bit of a stretch to say that the entire show was a retelling of The Wizard of Oz, but at the very least it seems to have been crafted around the bones of the movie in (IMHO) an ingenious way.

I really enjoyed season 3. I can't deny it lacked the magic of season 1 (apart from the Amsterdam episode). So my enjoyment of the show was probably carried a bit by my love for all the characters. Especially Jamie.

The biggest weakness to me was how it handled Nate. I was fully on board with him being redeemed in a classic Ted Lasso style way, but how it happened on the show just felt so unearned. Does anyone remember if the panic attack leak to the media was even mentioned in season 3? It seemed to me that all the focus was put onto his act of ripping up the Believe sign, which was a nasty betrayal but not as outright cruel and despicable as the media leak.

But on the other hand I did love the scene with the Beard reveal, that was so well acted. If a rushed Nate redemption was the price I had to pay to get that scene into the show then maybe it was okay.

Halfway through season 3. Not enjoying it anywhere nearly as much as the first 2 seasons which had regular nuggets of comedy gold, this one doesn't make me laugh as much and where the first two seasons felt light and uplifting, this one feels heavier by comparison.

I can do heavier, but enjoyed the show a lot more when it was lighter, more whimsical, and IMO funnier in its early eps.

It's definitely strayed towards the more drama side of dramedy.

Halfway through season 3. Not enjoying it anywhere nearly as much as the first 2 seasons which had regular nuggets of comedy gold, this one doesn't make me laugh as much and where the first two seasons felt light and uplifting, this one feels heavier by comparison.

I can do heavier, but enjoyed the show a lot more when it was lighter, more whimsical, and IMO funnier in its early eps.

It's definitely strayed towards the more drama side of dramedy.
Is usually the case with the third act in anything.

Is usually the case with the third act in anything.

Lost Season 3?

we have to go back jack shephard GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things I didn't get in my version or they just didn't happen.... Nate quitting West Ham. Did I miss that scene Somewhere? Ted initially telling everyone or anyone he wasn't coming back.

Things I didn't get in my version or they just didn't happen.... Nate quitting West Ham. Did I miss that scene Somewhere? Ted initially telling everyone or anyone he wasn't coming back.
Nate was offered the Man U job and told them he’d rather wait tables and clean boots.

There are some VERY creepy fan accounts on twitter and instagram that keep popping up on my feed...photoshopping Rebecca pregnant with Ted's baby and writing fictional scenes about it :sick:
Why are people
#TedBecca lol

It was never needed, would've just cheapened their friendship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back