Movie Terminator Dark Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Will be interesting to see how an older Arnie is in it seeing as its a direct sequel to 2, but I'll be waiting until streaming to find out.

Looks a bit average really.

For all of Cameron's bluster over the other post T2 movies, this doesn't look like righting the ship in any way.

Letting it go may be the best option, maybe give us some movies set during the war done properly, not like Salvation, more like the first ten minutes of T2 or Genisys. Time to move on from Arnie and Sarah.

Shoulda just kept on with the TV series.

So much this. Only way to save this franchise is a proper future war movie with Cameron directing ie. not gonna happen. I actually didn't mind the first half hour of Salvation, thought it had promise but my lord did it go to sh1t.

Looks beyond terrible and another Hollywood girl power reboot

Just shocking
Yes, because Terminator is not known for its strong female characters :drunk:. Seriously, stop taking every female lead as an attack on men. People such as yourself are the reason they have to keep making a point of it.

Yes, because Terminator is not known for its strong female characters :drunk:. Seriously, stop taking every female lead as an attack on men. People such as yourself are the reason they have to keep making a point of it.

Carn Jack. I'm not gonna start on this til I see the thing and can judge its execution, but the optics of ditching the central male character of the franchise for a woman and her daughter whilst retaining the central female character is not something you raise your eyebrow at in the currently climate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because ditching John Connor after T2 ( remember they are ignorning everything that happened after T2) and then replacing him with a new Sarah Connor being protected by old Sarah and a female terminator isn’t screaming girl power enough.. and honestly intoducing nothing new to the franchise . I actually enjoyed salvation as it was something different .

Yes Terminator is known for the strong female character of Sarah Connor...mind you that’s without shoving the feminist politics down our throat at the time compared to now. I’m sure it’ll go down as well as the successful Ghostbuster and Ocean 8 reboots :drunk:... other reboots that copied the originals and then blamed the males for the lack of success mind you too.

Don’t cry over my opinion I’m not the only one that noticed it.

Last edited:
Yeah because ditching John Connor after T2 ( remember they are ignorning everything that happened after T2) and then replacing him with a new Sarah Connor being protected by old Sarah and a female terminator isn’t screaming girl power enough.. and honestly intoducing nothing new to the franchise . I actually enjoyed salvation as it was something different .

Yes Terminator is known for the strong female character of Sarah Connor...mind you that’s without shoving the feminist politics down our throat at the time compared to now. I’m sure it’ll go down as well as the successful Ghostbuster and Ocean 8 reboots :drunk:... other reboots that copied the originals and then blamed the males for the lack of success mind you too.

Don’t cry over my opinion I’m not the only one that noticed it.
Ocean’s 8 made $300 million on a $70 million budget; did alright without yours (or my) patronage).

Christ on a bike, there’s been five Terminator movies with mostly male cast, one with a mostly female cast and suddenly it’s a conspiracy. Maybe they just wanted to do something different. These ‘opinions’ are coming from the same crowd going ‘21 Marvel movies about men isn’t enough, Captain Marvel is anti-men, wah’.

Last edited:
Carn Jack. I'm not gonna start on this til I see the thing and can judge its execution, but the optics of ditching the central male character of the franchise for a woman and her daughter whilst retaining the central female character is not something you raise your eyebrow at in the currently climate?

Didn't raise my eyebrow, honestly hadn't even considered that angle before reading it here. By the looks of things any perceved feminism agenda will be the least of this movie's problems lol.

As SM said, there's been a female terminator before.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - let's say the film was deliberately made to fit the climate of female empowerment.

What's the problem? i.e. how is that any worse than appealing to the paranoid anti-establishment feeling in the 90s?

Remove your personal opinion, and surely you just accept it for what it is.

Last edited:
Sarah Connor Chronicles also had a female Terminator. Was pretty awesome, too.
I think I watched the first season of that and liked it. Funny it was Cersei.

Having said that, the film looks like trash, and they really should have stopped when James Cameron and Linda Hamilton did after T2.
Both are back for this one though.

Didn't raise my eyebrow, honestly hadn't even considered that angle before reading it here. By the looks of things any perceved feminism agenda will be the least of this movie's problems lol.

As SM said, there's been a female terminator before.

Yeah, and like I said it's all in the execution. This isn't a Terminator though, its human characters.

A few people here are Star Wars fans and may be feeling sceptical after the characters like Rey, Holdo, and Rose.

I know I am.

Question - let's say the film was deliberately made to fit the climate of female empowerment.

What's the problem? i.e. how is that any worse than appealing to the paranoid anti-establishment feeling in the 90s?

Remove your personal opinion, and surely you just accept if for what it is.

The problem is that clumsy hands confuse female empowerment with male ineffectiveness and two wrongs don't make a right.

I trust Cameron but too films are made by committee now.

Yeah, and like I said it's all in the execution. This isn't a Terminator though, its human characters.

A few people here are Star Wars fans and may be feeling sceptical after the characters like Rey, Holdo, and Rose.

I know I am.

What's wrong with Rey?

Holdo was the only character that really irked me to be honest.

What's wrong with Rey?

Holdo was the only character that really irked me to be honest.

Good at everything with zero reason? Morally superior to every male character she encounters? No weakness? Only bested once in a fight?

Rey is a prime example of really lazy female empowerment.

The problem is that clumsy hands confuse female empowerment with male ineffectiveness and two wrongs don't make a right.
I don't watch Star Wars so I don't know what happened there, but plenty of films have shown strong females without a misandrist theme.

I don't watch Star Wars so I don't know what happened there, but plenty of films have shown strong females without a misandrist theme.
A lot of people today are confusing ‘misandry’ with ‘not all about me’. In the Star Wars example, there were several pairings of man and woman where the woman took on the ‘morally superior’ role. What was lost in the criticism was that in each coupling, the male was the dominant character. Major characters in films need to learn and evolve as part of their hero’s journey. In the past, the morally superior role may have been taken up by a man because action blockbusters were sausage fests. Now, in the interest of diversity, some of these roles are going to women. The number of films where the major characters aren’t male are still tiny so people banging on about it just look remarkably insecure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back