Toast Thanks Lids - Post your memories and appreciation here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ron The Bear

Heartbreakers, with your 44
Suspended
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Remembered fondly. I could've been happy to watch GWS win a flag with Deledio in the team if we got eliminated. Who knows, there's still a tiny chance.

brett15

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
great player and a really good guy too

Here's hoping he wins a few finals on the way out (not against Richmond of course :p)

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I remember 2007ish Lids got the ball in the back pocket and ran around Essendon players like they were standing still, several bounces all the way to the half forward line. I had a video of it stored on my phone and I was showing to people at parties. Back in those days there were very few lights. Lids was one of them.

shaky

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Just popping in to say farewell Lids. Gave me much pleasure to watch through some dark days at our club. Pity he couldn’t be with us while we are what we are now and a shame he couldn’t get on the park enough for you guys to really see the best of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Wish we could have seen the best of Lids at the Giants, but, well played on a magnificent career. We can only hope he takes a celebratory lap of honour at the end of the GF! I do admire that he fought relentlessly to get himself on the field - 30-odd issues in 3 years is a lot to deal with.

fridgeman

Club Legend
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Great player and unfortunate timing with his trade and we never saw the best of him at the Giants and I am sure he will be getting plenty of calls re post footy and I see a move back to Melbourne for him and the Family

Tiger_4_Life

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Congrats Lids, disappointing that the giants medicos couldn't get his calf right in 3 years. Another victim of poor management but a tiger legend nonetheless.

Top Bottom