The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did David Teague take over at the swans

Decent win. Awful umpiring in the first half yet again. I lost count of the amount of great tackles that went unrewarded only to then ping the Swan for trying to gather the ball.

Paid off the ball shoves that were there in the second half to even up the count but still an awful game. If that 50 had been paid the place would have burnt down. It's never been 50 if you can't hear the whistle which was literally same time as the siren, and you can't waste time after the siren regardless..

When you cough up a 30 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, you don't deserve to win, 3rd time it's happened to Richmond this season, aging/tired legs.

Sharp shooting by the Swans in the final quarter, 6 zip. If they did that last week they would have won.

Almost a carbon copy of last week's games in some respects (awful second quarter by Sydney etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60 odd free kicks again. * off. they need to do away with these pissy free kicks that dont impact anything. tackles that start low and slip up high should be ignored. there weak holding ones like those 4 in a row on the outer wing where everyone still competed for the ball. who's being hindered if you still have a contest involving everyone? players who run under the ball or mistime their leap and end up on the ground, too bad. the game just has too many free kicks that reward players for making mistakes or manipulating the game in their favour.

Great game last night. The swans have a really smart exciting group of players. Can't put my finger on why with some of them like Hayward on why I like watching them so much but of the sides in the top 8 they are easily my 2nd favourite side to watch

Tigers hard done by. That's a 50m penalty.
Nah I have to disagree with this. There is no logical reason that should be a 50m penalty.

1. The whistled went for the siren going as the siren went. That happens at the end of the game and isn't specific for a free being paid so Warner had no knowledge of a free to Prestia
2. The reason a kicking the ball after a free is paid is penalised is because it slows the side with the free's transition and allows defenders to flood back. An after the siren kick has no flow/transition so kicking the ball away doesn't disadvantage the player with the free kick. Whether the ball was kicked or not kicked into the crowd that free is taken as a shot for goal at 70m out.

Love the common sense from the umpires with that decision.

60 odd free kicks again. duck off. they need to do away with these pissy free kicks that dont impact anything. tackles that start low and slip up high should be ignored. there weak holding ones like those 4 in a row on the outer wing where everyone still competed for the ball. who's being hindered if you still have a contest involving everyone? players who run under the ball or mistime their leap and end up on the ground, too bad. the game just has too many free kicks that reward players for making mistakes or manipulating the game in their favour.
Paying far too many holding the balls for tackles that knock the ball out in the tackle. If that's the rule then we are going to get 70 free kicks a game. Problem again is inconsistency. They only pay it half the time which is infuriating.

Nah I have to disagree with this. There is no logical reason that should be a 50m penalty.

It should have been purely for the fact that we had one paid against us when we played Essendon and everyone said it was the right call.

It should have been purely for the fact that we had one paid against us when we played Essendon and everyone said it was the right call.
I dont recall that one and if it was exact the same circumstances I'd disagree with that call being paid.

There's just no reason it needs to be paid. Prestia is no worse off with his kick with the ball being kicked away as he was if it wasn't kicked away. With time on the clock you can see why there's a reason for it to be paid because Prestia/Tigers are disadvantaged by the time wasting

As a Richmond supporter, I wish the 50 metre penalty was paid because technically it was there. As a football fan, I don’t want to see that paid.

Lyon made a good point that sometimes you just have to give the player the benefit of the doubt. He brought up how when the ball is touched off the boot and players take a mark down the field but don’t hear the touched call and they get tackled when they claim they took the mark. It’s technically HTB but they ball it up 99% of the time.

They should let more calls go. I’d rather they miss a free kick that was there than give a controversial one.

Paying far too many holding the balls for tackles that knock the ball out in the tackle. If that's the rule then we are going to get 70 free kicks a game. Problem again is inconsistency. They only pay it half the time which is infuriating.
Seemed to get paid against us a lot. We'd tackle a tiger and knock it free and it'd be play on then we'd pick it up and get tackled and drop it and it was htb.

It wasn’t what cost us the game. It was undisciplined frees from Nank, Grimes, Vlaustin etc. They should know better.
Nank that last qtr where he knocked over Ladhams and free kick downfield for a goal. Then reckless high tackle on Swans defender late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back