The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes far more sense than Hawthorn playing there. We've got the 3rd highest attendance figure in the league, behind Collingwood/Essendon (Essendon just got a nice boost with ANZAC day as well).

It makes commercial sense to have us play more at the G.

Second highest last year, both at home and away. The data is there for us to deserve more MCG games.

Why is the monetary figure so high on that one?

I haven't seen the incident but the AFL have been trying to come down hard on those body strikes in the last couple of years- especially ones that are off the ball. I can see them raising the fine amount to try and deter players from doing it.

I haven't seen the incident but the AFL have been trying to come down hard on those body strikes in the last couple of years- especially ones that are off the ball. I can see them raising the fine amount to try and deter players from doing it.
Surely you just move towards a suspension? That'll stop them doing it more than a fine.

Surely you just move towards a suspension? That'll stop them doing it more than a fine.

I agree but I reckon the AFL are thinking along the lines of a harsh financial penalty is more of a deterrent than missing a week.

Geez. Suspension for staging is strong!
Bored Come On GIF

Charge was upheld.

Deadset almost took his head off, surprised he thought he could get off that.

Face Troll GIF

With the state of the umpiring in the game, no wonder he thought he could get away with it. Henry hedged his bets on that fact alone and won. 😂

1714547000489.png

Last edited:
Charge was upheld.

Deadset almost took his head off, surprised he thought he could get off that.

Face Troll GIF
AFL parting with money...

It was staging. All match commentators said as such.
That the ball sailed over him while staging for a goal was beautiful football karma.

That the ball sailed over him while staging for a goal was beautiful football karma.
It wasn't staging but it wasn't as bad as Christian made it out to be. Should have been a free kick at the time and that's it.

This is not the first time you’ve spouted the bolded when it comes to saying a commentator/ex-players opinion is worth more than a BigFooty user. When you think that David King, BT, Kane Cornes etc etc etc are football savants just because they used to play the game, well, that’s just tragic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't staging but it wasn't as bad as Christian made it out to be. Should have been a free kick at the time and that's it.

There can be different interpretations for it. It can be true that Henry clotheslined Williams and it can also be true that Williams went down too easily.

The fine is proof that Henry did strike Williams.

There can be different interpretations for it. It can be true that Henry clotheslined Williams and it can also be true that Williams went down too easily.

The fine is proof that Henry did strike Williams.

High is high. Whether he milked it (like Joel Selwood would) or not shouldn't come into it. Umpire was looking directly at it too.

High is high. Whether he milked it (like Joel Selwood would) or not shouldn't come into it. Umpire was looking directly at it too.

It came on the same night that Harry McKay copped a 50 metre penalty because he “switched on the mark” and he was supposed to be standing the mark and not Patrick Cripps who obviously was. I didn’t even know it was a rule, so you learn something new every day. 😂

It came on the same night that Harry McKay copped a 50 metre penalty because he “switched on the mark” and he was supposed to be standing the mark and not Patrick Cripps who obviously was. I didn’t even know it was a rule, so you learn something new every day. 😂
Stand rule is a terrible rule in general because they don't police the person with the ball and going behind the mark.

Stand rule is a terrible rule in general because they don't police the person with the ball and going behind the mark.

The rule itself is okay IMO, but don’t create rules within the rule. That just confuses people.

The rule itself is okay IMO, but don’t create rules within the rule. That just confuses people.
The AFL would never do that... ever.

I wouldn't mind the stand rule as I said if they policed people going back behind the mark. But when the player can move 2-3m sideways and the player has to stand, what is the point? Hasn't really opened up the game either, it's still a slog even with someone standing on the mark. If anything teams now don't stand it and clog more space up, especially from half way on.

Stand and 6-6-6 are great rules. Improved the game and created a generation of tin foil cooker tigs fans.

Bad smell in here.
6-6-6 kind of works. Would like to see it better implemented. 3-3-6-3-3. It also depends on the ground because at the SCG it doesnt matter as much as the MCG because the 50m line is basically on the centre square.

6-6-6 kind of works. Would like to see it better implemented. 3-3-6-3-3. It also depends on the ground because at the SCG it doesnt matter as much as the MCG because the 50m line is basically on the centre square.

Let’s not confuse the umpires even more. They still haven’t mastered common sense like when a player is awarded a 50 metre penalty and then he goes sprinting down the field, ball in hand, while the umpire is screaming at the opposition player who has been designated to stand the mark to move out of the way and not “impede” the player who is clearly running that fast to con the umpire into another 50 metre penalty. Another 50 metre penalty is awarded.

I’ve seen that more times than I want to see. 🙄

Let’s not confuse the umpires even more. They still haven’t mastered common sense like when a player is awarded a 50 metre penalty and then he goes sprinting down the field, ball in hand, while the umpire is screaming at the opposition player who has been designated to stand the mark to move out of the way and not “impede” the player who is clearly running that fast to con the umpire into another 50 metre penalty. Another 50 metre penalty is awarded.

I’ve seen that more times than I want to see. 🙄
They really have just ****ed the rules lately. It's a game for Lawyers not fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back