The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Any evidence of this?
It came from a Richmond supporter on our board (T71) whose track record for mail is the best I have seen on this website. I highly recommend listening to him if you get a chance. They get him to feature on podcasts every now and then to drop trade news. Has a cult following due to his deadly accuracy with mail (not restricted to just Richmond either). Obviously very Richmond centric but knows trades/FA moves not just months in advance but years. Called Lynch to Richmond in like mid 2016. Knew about Yarran, Prestia, Hampson, Taranto/Hopper and Dusty re-signing before everyone. And yeah it’s not just player movement. It’s coaches, key AFL figures, etc. Even called Hocking to be general manager early as well. I have zero reason to doubt him and as I said, definitely worth following even as a Geelong supporter. The GOAT ITK on our board that’s for sure.

Yeah my old man’s a good mate of Hocking’s gardener and he heard Hocking on the phone whilst having a smoke in the garden (near the azaleas) saying “he wanted to get those yellow and black bastards..hurt them bad”. Terrible.

Yeah my old man’s a good mate of Hocking’s gardener and he heard Hocking on the phone whilst having a smoke in the garden (near the azaleas) saying “he wanted to get those yellow and black bastards..hurt them bad”. Terrible.
Don’t underestimate the Fabrizio Romano of the BigFooty Richmond board.

How could you not love Will Schofield after this.

What do you reckon? All the Tigers "CFL" cookers are deranged nutjobs. We just mingle with one that's also a moron.

Context is everything. Kane was breaking into a Top 4 side, Harley Reid is playing in a side that finished bottom last year.

Yeah Kane showed no improvement from those first few games over the rest of his career.

West Australians are so sensitive of any sort of feedback for Reid that isn't gushing. Kane literally says in that segment that it's not a criticism of him right now, just that if he wants to be one of the best in the game he needs to improve his fitness base.

Yeah Kane showed no improvement from those first few games over the rest of his career.

West Australians are so sensitive of any sort of feedback for Reid that isn't gushing. Kane literally says in that segment that it's not a criticism of him right now, just that if he wants to be one of the best in the game he needs to improve his fitness base.
There’s no need to say it though. First year players don’t do full pre season program. Reid has had just one pre season. Every first year player has to work on their fitness base. It’s more clickbait from Cornes

Isn't that super obvious though?

Saying things that don't need to be said.

Will Powell gets banned 2 more games than Finlayson and 5 more than Clarkson for doing the same thing. Great job Integrity Unit.

Will Powell gets banned 2 more games than Finlayson and 5 more than Clarkson for doing the same thing.

Jeremy Finlayson got the fiancée health battle discount and Alastair Clarkson got the Alastair Clarkson discount.

Will Powell gets banned 2 more games than Finlayson and 5 more than Clarkson for doing the same thing. Great job Integrity Unit.
Was due to it being so close to the previous one and them trying to stamp it out.

I'm actually ok with it. The next one that does it should get 7.

It's just not ****ing good enough.

There’s no need to say it though. First year players don’t do full pre season program. Reid has had just one pre season. Every first year player has to work on their fitness base. It’s more clickbait from Cornes
He was directly comparing to Daicos' first year though which was a valid comparison. More needless Kane bashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was due to it being so close to the previous one and them trying to stamp it out.

I'm actually ok with it. The next one that does it should get 7.

It's just not ******* good enough.
Watch as that doesn't happen and they give the next one less than 5 because of some Charlie Cameron style character defence reasons.

Like with concussions they'll be consistently inconsistent as usual.

Watch as that doesn't happen and they give the next one less than 5 because of some Charlie Cameron style character defence reasons.

Like with concussions they'll be consistently inconsistent as usual.
Yeah I do agree, it needs to be consistent.

For one of the first times, I do think they've genuinely done the right thing here.

Pretty clearly, yes.

Players 8 games into their first season don't have the tank of a player that's 100 games playing in their 5th season.

Seems pretty obvious to everyone except you and Kane.
Nick Daicos in his first season had played 100 games?

Nick Daicos cramped on Friday night. It was just a dumb critique from Kane.

Players cramp some times, especially ones in their first season playing majority of the game in midfield. No shit he needs to get fitter, he’s a teenager. Kane did exactly what he’s been critical of the WA media of doing, putting undue pressure on a kid still finding his way.

Nick Daicos cramped on Friday night. It was just a dumb critique from Kane.

Players cramp some times, especially ones in their first season playing majority of the game in midfield. No s**t he needs to get fitter, he’s a teenager. Kane did exactly what he’s been critical of the WA media of doing, putting undue pressure on a kid still finding his way.
It seemed a pretty mild comment on him needing to build his tank. If Lloyd said it it'd barely be mentioned but because it's Kane everyone loses their mind.

It seemed a pretty mild comment on him needing to build his tank. If Lloyd said it it'd barely be mentioned but because it's Kane everyone loses their mind.

No worries that’s your opinion but I disagree. I like Kane and the fact that he’s willing to be critical of players and of others in the media but he was way off on this one and was rightly mocked by pretty much everyone.

No worries that’s your opinion but I disagree. I like Kane and the fact that he’s willing to be critical of players and of others in the media but he was way off on this one and was rightly mocked by pretty much everyone.

Fair enough, I just think there's things he's gone a lot harder at that are worthy of criticism than just saying "You're the media darling but if you want to become one of the best in the game here's a clear example of something you can work on".

Mocking Kane (not you, Schofield) because he also had some bad games is just a bit weird when that would actually suggest that Kane, a 300 gamer, has an idea of what it takes to improve as a player.

The rest of the panel laughing at him doesn't really mean much to me since taking the piss out of each other's views seems that show's MO.

Was Nick Daicos the complete player in his first season was he?

Crazy though it may be, there's not a single first year player that will tick every box.

Nick may have had a better aerobic capacity but he's nowhere near has physical as Harley is. Which is fine, both will inevitably build the weaker side of their games.

Trying to point that out 8 games in is bloody stupid.

Was Nick Daicos the complete player in his first season was he?

Crazy though it may be, there's not a single first year player that will tick every box.

Nick may have had a better aerobic capacity but he's nowhere near has physical as Harley is. Which is fine, both will inevitably build the weaker side of their games.

Trying to point that out 8 games in is bloody stupid.
Who said he was a complete player? Just that he's a great player who set a high bar that Reid can aspire to. What an overreaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back