The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong are a poor football team. Softest draw to start the season and ran into sides at the right time (Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hawthorn). Even copped Port when they were vulnerable but couldn’t get it done.

Looking at their remaining fixtures, I can only see them as locks to beat Richmond, North and West Coast. They’re not a finals quality side and I’ve known this from day one. They managed to suck a few in though.

Safe to say the midfield has been our weak spot all year and it's finally catching up with us.

We're getting a lot less from say Blicavs and Guthrie and we just don't have the quality depth.

49 marks in a game of footy, reckon that's an overall season low.

Safe to say the midfield has been our weak spot all year and it's finally catching up with us.

We're getting a lot less from say Blicavs and Guthrie and we just don't have the quality depth.

49 marks in a game of footy, reckon that's an overall season low.
Think you're a bit old in there as well - Guthrie, Duncan etc aren't giving you the level that they need to be.

Those conditions would've made it tough for most clubs though.

There's a bookmarkable quote if ever I've seen one. :tearsofjoy:

Almost like it was intentional. ;)

Everyone's too scared of gotcha's these days. Gotta have a bit of fun while you're in the position to.

Easy to say when you play in grand finals every five years or so.

I'm never tempting fate with that ;)

I would have thought the opposite. If it came around once every 50 years like St Kilda you need to make the most of it even more when you're in the good times. Live it up, soak it in, enjoy it. Constantly writing yourself off or underplaying your success and then if you do bomb out you don't ever actually get any joy. I'm not seriously suggesting we've already got the flag sewn up, but while we're top by some distance it's nice to appreciate just how good we're going. Think it's our best start since moving to Sydney.

Think you're a bit old in there as well - Guthrie, Duncan etc aren't giving you the level that they need to be.

Those conditions would've made it tough for most clubs though.
Guthrie's the one we were banking on, good first game back but has struggled since.

But we need more from say the Bruhn's (11 possies) and Atkins to break even really.

Probably why we've been linked with Oliver, Bailey Smith etc., we need an A grader in there.

Almost like it was intentional. ;)

Everyone's too scared of gotcha's these days. Gotta have a bit of fun while you're in the position to.
If we win Sunday we’re second!! Heady days. Have 3 kids in their 20s and don’t think they’ve ever seen us this high.

If we win Sunday we’re second!! Heady days. Have 3 kids in their 20s and don’t think they’ve ever seen us this high.

Swans v Bombers GF would be spicy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues to do a standard second half capitulation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back