The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS with a third of their best 22 out and working through that umpiring was a good effort. Not quite a scalp because Geelong are a poor football team but up against it.

Beautiful, isn't it?
Saw it coming from a mile away. Copped personal abuse for calling it after they got some bs lucky wins against depleted teams but stuck to my guns and I was right all along.

They’ll beat up on us next week (if we can field a full side) but their fixture after that is super grim. Their rebuild also coincides with Tasmania entering the comp. Think their supporters forget they went 40 odd years without a flag.

Ridley is so ******* good.
Lucky he came back this week or we would’ve lost. Midfield plays like that next two weeks and we’ll get our arse handed back to us on a platter. Well played Tigers though with all their injuries

The difference between Eagles at home and Eagles away is ridiculous. How can you be so bad away from home but look like world beaters playing at home?
Good Luck Charlie What GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make it a 3/5/whatever second opportunity.

Have an actual guideline that we're all aware of, rather than just a vibe.

But each scenario is different, when do you start counting from? Does the count reset if they break the tackle or it doesn't stick properly? So many grey areas still.

But each scenario is different, when do you start counting from? Does the count reset if they break the tackle or it doesn't stick properly? So many grey areas still.
From when the tackle is first applied.

I'm not saying it's a perfect system but just having them adjudicate without a specific parameter is asking for a whole lot of inconsistency.

This is what happens when you continually mess with the rules.

They have to continually mess with the rules to stay ahead of the coaches.

This is actually what happens when you make adjustments to how you penalise tackles to prevent concussions but don't alter the rules accordingly.

Midseason draft is ridiculous, was created to fill list spots with immediate impact players but over 50% are 20 and under. Get rid of it, along with all the other americanised crap.
Why? What harm does it do? Some players make ..yes a minority but big deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back