The Baby Blues Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I've taught Booger that "if you go on the roads you'll get squashed!" Today I let him ride his bike out the front because I was going to put both him and his bike in the car. He starts riding at full speed down the driveway with me waddling after him going "NO THAT'S A ROAD!" and all I can hear is him yelling "SQUASHED! SQUASHED! SQUASHED!" as he rides as fast as he can.

He's gon' be the death of me!

After he graduates uni you best quit calling him Booger. Best name though.
I used to have a mate at Uni who's nickname was Booger, probably still is and is now 30. Not sure of the genesis, never asked. But if it sticks, keep at it. Just maybe get him into boogy-boarding so there's a backup cover origin story haha

Poor child answered to Mongoose before he answered to his actual name :tearsofjoy: he has so many nicknames but Booger is my fave.
So many random ones we come up with. I often revert to 'chooka' or 'sausage' - first for no reason whatsoever and the second because we have miniature dachshies (just another of our sausages). I got 'squirt' for years from my dad. Thankfully that name stopped as it would've got a little awkward in high school :tearsofjoy:

So Gracie got gastro from childcare a couple of days ago (add that to countless colds, throat infections, ear infections and fricken hand, foot and mouth virus) and I swear, I've never, ever copped a vomit all over me like I wore at 3am this morning!

Horrific.

So Gracie got gastro from childcare a couple of days ago (add that to countless colds, throat infections, ear infections and fricken hand, foot and mouth virus) and I swear, I've never, ever copped a vomit all over me like I wore at 3am this morning!

Horrific.
Gotta laugh or you'll cry, mate. Arch still has a few #2's that make me nearly pass out, but you've just gotta push on; clean up; and get back to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy turns 2 later this month, and this morning - changing his nappy, Mum and I start talking about his party. Few minutes later after convo changed, completely unprompted, he starts singing "Happy Birthday To You" perfectly (a little monotonously and out of tune, granted). I've never experienced such pride on a daily basis in my life. If we didn't want another, we sure do now.

My beating heart.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

My boy turns 2 later this month, and this morning - changing his nappy, Mum and I start talking about his party. Few minutes later after convo changed, completely unprompted, he starts singing "Happy Birthday To You" perfectly (a little monotonously and out of tune, granted). I've never experienced such pride on a daily basis in my life. If we didn't want another, we sure do now.

My beating heart.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
Get onto it Matty!

What do you guys do when your little ones are sick? Booger is home today not well at all and had a 5 hour nap and all he wants to eat is sandwiches. Do you just follow their lead or wake them up so they’ll sleep at night etc? Dunno if I’ve royally ****ed up here or not.

What do you guys do when your little ones are sick? Booger is home today not well at all and had a 5 hour nap and all he wants to eat is sandwiches. Do you just follow their lead or wake them up so they’ll sleep at night etc? Dunno if I’ve royally f’ed up here or not.
I thinks it’s a natural response when you’re not well. Big people, little people need to rest. As for food. Sometimes it easier to eat soft things. You can never * up when you treat your child with love and compassion.

What do you guys do when your little ones are sick? Booger is home today not well at all and had a 5 hour nap and all he wants to eat is sandwiches. Do you just follow their lead or wake them up so they’ll sleep at night etc? Dunno if I’ve royally f’ed up here or not.
You try not to worry but thats hard because they are the most important thing in life. You fuss over them and let them know they are precious.
Normal routine goes out the window at such times but also try to be normal and tell them they will be fine soon. When they want to go out and play in the cold and rain thats when the tide has turned...... :)

Depends on the nature of the ailment. Sometimes getting anything in their little tummy is a bonus. Other times, healthy is paramount. You be the judge. Must admit to being a little foreign to the daycare thing so could imagine a "change over" to be a stressful fact finding mission. Sleep is always a positive if unwell. Mum and Dad just have to cop it if it creates inconvenient awake time, however if that under weather you may be lucky on the sleep stakes. One of you needs an early night though.

From our perspective been the fortnight from hell. Mummy then Daddy and little Hanna have had a ripsnorter of a flu. Mum's boss called it the "zombie flu" and it is appropriate. Just about out the other side. Stir crazy little one wants to get to park etc, but not yet symptom clear and acting up. (Over)Used electronic babysitter to keep quiet, which has backfired. Desperate hope that normality returns before weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back