Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
cannot fathom how dodo stays on if we are clearing house. Now is the time for a wholistic refresh.

he has had a fair wack of time to get the list right and has not delivered.

if he stays beyond 2022 i am almost sure he has photos of someone.
his survival/removal will largely dictate my feelings towards this "reset"

we're talking about beer now.
so am i?

OIP.CA8t0xKOXvDs-RrELGKI7AAAAA

Robert walls smh
and Jordan Lewis 2 guys who hate essendon. You can’t make this up
2AEA0A02-AA68-4E1F-A141-476F0EDDEDA8.png

Don't mind a 3-5 member panel. Lewis has a good football brain, Walls is past it and hates us so that's a stupid one, Mahoney has to do it.

Something like Lewis, Mahoney, Rodney Eade, Pav/Riewoldt and Woosha would have been great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the member email:

Ernst & Young to coordinate the external review, supported by Andrew Thorburn, working closely with Nick Ryan as Acting CEO & Dorothy Hisgrove as the board member involved. Board effectiveness & composition, a review of leadership, operations and culture including the footy department, the senior coach appointment and the new CEO appointment.

I have been clear that we cannot continue to only review ourselves and this external review is critical for the Club’s success moving forward.

This review will be comprehensive, robust and integrated. It will be led and co-ordinated by EY and supported by Andrew Thorburn, an experienced business leader. This group will work closely with Nick Ryan who will be Acting CEO until a permanent appointment of a new CEO is made. Dorothy Hisgrove will also be involved from a board viewpoint, as an expert in culture and people. The group will also have access to other non-Essendon Football people as they conduct the review.

We will leave “no stone unturned” in this process.

The External Club Review has been commissioned by the Board and will be completed around Mid October. The review involves 4 key streams:
  • Board effectiveness and composition;
  • A review of Leadership, Operations and Culture (including the Football Department);
  • A Senior Coach appointment;
  • The appointment of a new CEO

Get Mick "Essendon will be Top-4" Malthouse in as well and if they agree on anything at all, definitely do the opposite.
This club. Can’t even do it right when we say non-Essendon people. We didn’t mean anti-Essendon people.

May as well add Brereton, Campbell Brown and Vandenberg. Real line in the sand stuff.

This club. Can’t even do it right when we say non-Essendon people. We didn’t mean anti-Essendon people.

May as well add Brereton, Campbell Brown and Vandenberg. Real line in the sand stuff.

I wouldn’t mind Brereton.

Don't mind a 3-5 member panel. Lewis has a good football brain, Walls is past it and hates us so that's a stupid one, Mahoney has to do it.

Something like Lewis, Mahoney, Rodney Eade, Pav/Riewoldt and Woosha would have been great
not sure Woosha would have come back, but his insights would have been good given he's lived it.

The coaching selection panel – I posted the full bit from the member email in the coach thread which has all their resumes etc, but it is 6 people:
  • Josh Mahoney (chair & GM-Footy)
  • Dorothy Hisgrove (board member)
  • Andrew Thorburn
  • Robert Walls
  • Jordan Lewis
  • Simone McGinnis OAM

The whole thing sounds professional, comprehensive, agile, impartial and modern.

I don’t buy it and I’m immediately suspicious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back