The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it might be worth Jurg taking a ban just to call Atkinson a ******* campaigner to stop him reffing our matches, he is an absolute joke since forever

Atkinson also didn't give us the pen on Keita against Leicester last season in the league. Didn't send Maguire off for pulling Mane back when through on goal. The campaigner seems to have a huge issue with us, thought it was telling he gave Fab a yellow but none of their players for cynical challenges (especially Young on Hendo). Just didn't seem prepared to give us a decision, let plenty of their fouls go while calling us for anything.

They always play ‘well’ at home against us. Not that they played scintillating football just better than the crap they’ve been dishing up lately. Still very disappointing result considering the gulf in quality between the two teams.
I suppose one good thing to come out of this is that ole stays at the wheel for a while longer

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My heart dropped as soon as I saw Atkinson this morning. I don't want to see that MF anywhere near either of the City games or the return Man U fixture.

With Salah out, we needed a more creative midfield - Keita or Ox rather than Henderson from the start would have been a more attractive proposition. But Klopp played it safe. Just as he did with the bench: he had Gomez (who can play anywhere across a back four) and Milner on the bench already, so he didn't need Lovren. Would rather have seen Brewster or Elliott.

My heart dropped as soon as I saw Atkinson this morning. I don't want to see that MF anywhere near either of the City games or the return Man U fixture.

With Salah out, we needed a more creative midfield - Keita or Ox rather than Henderson from the start would have been a more attractive proposition. But Klopp played it safe. Just as he did with the bench: he had Gomez (who can play anywhere across a back four) and Milner on the bench already, so he didn't need Lovren. Would rather have seen Brewster or Elliott.

Elliot was still banned

Yep. We gotta keep the squad fresh. And we gotta bite the bullet with Keita. We chased him. Spent a premium on him and then duly waited a year for him. Klopp must have wanted him bad. So bloody play him. Let's see what he can do. If he can be as good for us as he was in Germany then he could be the key in the race for the title.

Feb, Hendo, Gini is just too vanilla!
As soon as the line up was announced, knew it would be a tough day.
Henderson, Fab and Gini are not going to get us goals. That’s one meh midfield. Feel like Chamberlain should’ve start or without Lallana. Klopp didn’t take into account international teams. Henderson and Gini both played full games leading up to this week.
Need to start giving Keita a chance.

Tactically they set up well, 3 at the back nullified our FB's and we just played poorly there........again.
Expecting Robbo, Hendo and Gini to perform well after 180 minutes of international football is asking too much.
I wonder ifJurgen will trust Naby and the Ox enough to start at least one of them against Genk.
As for Atkinson, that is about what I expected from the flog.

What can we do about these post international weeks? Always an issue for us. Credit to Utd it must be said. They kept it compact and simple. Made it hard for us and worked their socks off.
How far have they fallen when we're talking like this, crazy to be honest. They started to try and waste time from the 60th minute onwards and their fans seemed happy with that. Can't imagine Sir Alex being content with that type of thing.

Looked so much better when Ox, Lallana and Keita came on. I've said it before but we can look really slow when we have Hendo, Gini and Fab out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield of Gini, Henderson and Fabinho. Sick of it. No creativity whatsoever.
Pretty much sealed the draw IMO
If the referee association is worth its salt Atkinson surely is demoted for next week's games.
They said it during the game. It’s being treated like a band of brothers. No-one is willing to overrule the guy on the pitch.
The Inter game last night had a goal ruled out due to a foul leading up to the score.
I actually think having a senior ref or retired ref in the bunker will advocate on field refs to use VAR more

JwS6fc1.jpg

A record 7 players in the final 30 man Ballon D'or list. That's pretty amazing. I hope VVD wins it. He deserves it for me. But wouldn't begrudge Messi winning because, well... Messi.

Ali, VVD, TAA, Mane, Mo, Bobby and Gini are the 7.
Robbo is pretty stiff. I'm pleased Gini got recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back