The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord knows how we didn't win CWC under Benitez. We lost 1-0 in the final, but the way I remember it they must've scored from their only attack and we completely dominated them, just couldn't score.

EDIT: Looked it up. 17 corners to 0, 21 shots on goal to 4. Oh lawd

We had three disallowed goals that day as well apparently

Similar POV was noted on talk sport UK radio last night (our time). The effervescent Natalie Sawyer suggested best keep the firsts in England for the reasons you mentioned. Although the $ for winning the carabao is no where near the world clubs, it has history and winning it will provide a platform of which we can launch our assault for the PL.

Here is natalie

737ffc85118c9fc8494c209f9a0adcb9.jpg
Ro6rqko.jpg

We have a lot in common then and should certainly meet.

I don't understand why some want to go for the league cup. We gotta face Villa and 2 of probably City, United, Leicester, Everton.

The CWC is something we haven't won and it's 2 games against weaker teams.

We can go for the League Cup next year, there is no guarantee that we even come close to winning the CL and be in the CWC next year.

Definitely want to win the CWC just because we haven't won it and United are the only English team to have won it.

Plus another trophy. If we win it we add it to the European Cup and Super Cup and suddenly winning trophies is a regular thing. Which is great because before Klopp got us over the line in Europe we hadn't won a trophy since 2012.

I want more. MOAR!!!!

I don't understand why some want to go for the league cup. We gotta face Villa and 2 of probably City, United, Leicester, Everton.

The CWC is something we haven't won and it's 2 games against weaker teams.

We can go for the League Cup next year, there is no guarantee that we even come close to winning the CL and be in the CWC next year.

Exactly. I am happy to be out of the league Cup and the FA Cup for that matter. Liverpool have one goal this year and that is the Prem.

CWC is an obligation - I really don't care about it.

Champions League would be a bonus.

THIS YEAR IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PREMIER LEAGUE - GET IT DONE FFS

- Win CWC
- Allow the same type of squad to continue in the LC. What happens, happens.
- For FA Cup, see LC notes.
- Win Premier League
- Continue Klopp's PERFECT record in European knockout ties at Liverpool (10-0)
- Use prize money and Nike $$ to sign Mbappe

We had three disallowed goals that day as well apparently
I watched this game and I’m pretty sure from memory that all of the goals were disallowed for offside. Two or three out of the three disallowed goals were onside. It was a hatchet job. We absolutely dominated the second half and I nearly destroyed the TV at the time.

I too remmeber watching that final, was on at a decent time since it was held in Japan back then. Good old fox sports, before Bosnich when Robbie Slater was the best "expert" they had at the time, ahhh they were simpler days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier League leaders Liverpool set to launch $400m bid for Kylian Mbappe:

The Liverpool Echo and TEAMtalk understand the Reds could fork out a whopping £215million (A$400m) for the 20-year-old’s services.

Following a quiet summer window after their Champions League success, it’s claimed the Reds have the funds available to sign Mbappe — and hope to table an offer before the window slams shut.

Premier League leaders Liverpool set to launch $400m bid for Kylian Mbappe:

The Liverpool Echo and TEAMtalk understand the Reds could fork out a whopping £215million (A$400m) for the 20-year-old’s services.

Following a quiet summer window after their Champions League success, it’s claimed the Reds have the funds available to sign Mbappe — and hope to table an offer before the window slams shut.

I don’t believe and I still won’t believe it until he pulls on our kit and runs out for us! 😍

Back to pressing issues. We must beat City comfortably at Anfield if we’re serious about winning the EPL title this season. The body blow to either side from losing this game could be fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back